• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Wow Prof. Oak

pokecrazy123

The Dark Side is Strong in You
Years
  • Prof. Oak is not a trainer. Trainers are the ones who explore wild grass. Prof. Oak never explored the grass because he thought 151 was it. Every Pokemon. Why would you explore iif you thought you had explored everything already?

Years
  • Prof. Oak is not a trainer. Trainers are the ones who explore wild grass. Prof. Oak never explored the grass because he thought 151 was it. Every Pokemon. Why would you explore iif you thought you had explored everything already?

Correction, he is not a trainer ANYMORE.
    he does say in the beggining of the games that he used to be a trainer

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    We're talking about a guy who can't even remember his own grandsons name

This.

It also interests me how Oak has a radio show broadcasted exclusively in Johto that's about the locations of Johto pokemon.

Oak just straight-up lied to Red && Blue. Jerk. =PP

Lol. Who cares? People who care too much are fail.

It's cute when people are too thick to see a joke.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I personally think he was saying there are 151 Pokemon in Kanto.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Pro. Oak is too engrossed with his poems to notice anything new, until someone comes up to his face and shove their "newly discovered" pokemon lol.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Were talking about a guy who can't even remember his own grandsons name
    Best answer so far.

Anyway, I just assume he never told the protagonist (Red) of RBY about the Pokémon in Johto. He sent his grandson & Red out on a quest in Kanto to collect data on every Pokémon. Maybe he did that because he was so busy communicating back and forth with his colleagues in Johto about the Pokémon there that he didn't have time to go out and get field data on everything in Johto? Kanto was a test to make sure his Pokédex worked and once he had a complete listing there, he decided to start the process again in Johto. :>

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Another thing I found out. SOme guy named Chad called me and told me that Prof. Oak and Kurt the freakin Pokeball maker go way back. WAAAYYYY BACK. Not only was Prof. Oak in kahootz with Prof. Elm, but he knew Kurt too!

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Professor Oak is in fact the strongest Pokemon in the world. Because of this, he already knows everything about Pokemon (and doesn't have to care about trivial things like what Gary's name is). He disguises himself as an old man, and for kicks and giggles he only shares parts of his knowledge at a time. Together with his lackeys, the other Professors, he entices countless young children to leave their homes to train endlessly with Pokemon and "catch 'em all" until they become unstoppable. These children, wielding all the world's legendary Pokemon, are at his beck and call. Because of this, Professor Oak pretty much owns the world, so of course he doesn't have to tell the people of Kanto in Gen I about the rest of the Pokemon.

Back