• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • How often are you wrong? What do you usually feel when you're wrong? Do you humbly accept it and move on, or do you take things personally and try to justify yourself? When do you usually realize when you're wrong?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It depends on the thing I'm wrong about. I have a bad habit of defending myself, while in my head taking their words to heart, so then I feel attacked because I am acknowledging I'm wrong inside my own mind and working to change those pathways in my brain, but I'm too...something to want to tell them that I'm doing that. I'd rather defend why I was wrong and justify it publicly, and then take on the criticism silently. It's silly because if I just told them what was in my head it would be much more helpful.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I admit that sometimes I can be wrong. However, it's harder to admit than being right because I feel as though I've made a fool of myself for being wrong about something. Most times, I'll say something like "I could be wrong..." since I feel like it lightens it up so that I'm not embarrassing myself. XD

My mom, on the other hand... she'll swear up and down she's right about something until you have to prove her wrong. Then she's all like, "Oh, I knew that". It can be annoying because when you can't prove her wrong, it creates a huge argument that bothers my dad.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • When I'm doing wrong, I feel bad about myself because I feel like I shouldn't making any mistakes anymore, and I apologize afterwards.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Wrong, wrong, wrong!

this book was given to me as a gift once because Garfield's quote there is my philosophy.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Sometimes when i find myself wrong, i apolosize, but if i think i am not wrong and paying for it, I try to justify myself!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I'm wrong all the time.

Hey guys, did you hear that Nintendo is going to release Pokemon R/S remakes in 3 months! AND ALL REGIONS WILL BE FEATURED!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm wrong sometimes but I have a hard time admitting it when I am because people are generally tools about it. But people who reject the notion that they could ever be wrong out of hand have some other mental issues going on that I don't understand and don't really want to understand.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I never like to admit being wrong. I realize I'm wrong a lot but I am always too dumb to admit it so I just keep arguing for the wrong side anyway lol.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm surprised it can be difficult for so many people to admit when they're wrong and move on from it.
    So, yes, it's easy for me. I'm fully aware that each of us only knows what comes to us, and of the narrow view any given individual has of anything.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I'm wrong quite some times but I hate admitting it. Hence why I prefer to shut up when I'm not sure if what I say is right or wrong >_<

Years
  • Normally, people like to point out that I'm wrong, which could go either way; it depends on their delivery of telling me that I'm wrong. For instance, there was an old Asian man last week who pointed out during badminton that my smashes are sliced sometimes, which is not necessarily "wrong" per se, but he put it in such a condescending way that it annoyed the crap out of me. I wanted to smash his face in for even saying that to me because he's not even a better player than me. If one of my friends who genuinely points out that I'm doing something wrong in any way then I won't have any problems with admitting my mistake though they don't often produce apologies, more like "my bad."

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not always wrong, nor am I always right; same goes for pretty much everybody else. We're human, so we are all alike in terms of this, regardless of how you might put it. Don't mind when others correct me, but it usually depends on the way they actually execute it. If they give good explanation and reasoning behind their statement, then that's perfectly fine. If they straightly go ahead and say "this is not how you do it, etc. etc.," then I might wind up getting a little... annoyed. :( I would accept it either way, though (if they have some good point), but in my opinion, former is the best way to go about these kind of stuff; usually, that's how I do it, because I just don't want people getting upset. I'm very sensitive when it comes to how others think of me, so I try my best to consider their feelings as much as I possibly can before proceeding to do things.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2014
    I am often wrong.

Took a long time for me to learn to be wrong, and to be cool with being wrong. But I am glad I am not as proud as I was, it is one less burden to carry.

Back