• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen WTF moment

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
  • 2 things...

I saw my first shiny in FireRed, when I was only in Viridian Forest. I found a shiny Ctaerpie, but didn't even know what a shiny was, but I still caught the "Golden Caterpie that got hit by a shooting star." That's what I thought it was.

Also, my brother had Emerald, and I often watched him play. It took him about 84 Ultra Balls to catch Kyogre, but 3 Ultra Balls to catch Groudon. Both were at 1 HP and asleep. Seriously, WTF?

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    i had one moon stone left and i used it on clefairy, i accidentally clicked B...

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • I was searching for Chimecho on Mt. Pyre this morning. I found it after battling like 1000 Shuppets and like 2 Duskulls, but I also found something else. A Rare Candy. I was on the top right of Mt. Pyre, and I pressed A before the end of the section of grass, and I found a Rare Candy.

PoketalkCreator

Just Some *****
    Years
  • In Sapphire version, I was on my last step to getting nurse joy to heal my pokemon since there was only one left who was poisoned, but before I could step in front of the counter... it fainted!

That happened to me in Emerald. By biggest moment in any game I ever had was also in Emerald. I was trying to catch Rayquaza with my aggron. I accidentally killed it because rock slide was a critical hit, so I restarted the battle. It happened three more times in a row with the same move! It's like the game saved the memory of my last battle!

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • I caught a shiny swinub. Then I read online that it could increase your chances of hatching a shiny egg to like 1/60.

So I hatched liked 10 eggs with no success and gave up. I went back online and read from serebii, that it doesn't increase your chances. I was like wtf? D:<

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • I caught an articuno with a Pokeball.

Not to brag, but that's nothing. I caught Kyogre, Rayquaza, and the Regis all with Pokeballs.
    And all the leaf green ones too. But last night I had some bad luck.

Trainer tower on the thief dude. He opened up with a meowth with a discoloration. Then I heard the shiny ding and I was maaaaaad. Shouldve stayed out in the canyon...

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I found my HM Slave Zigzagoon holding a Rare Candy. TWICE! With like a 5 minute difference. And it was level 3.
    Also I just barely beat norman. If Slaking's Yawn had had me asleep for like, two more turns, I wouldn't have won. BULK UP FTW!!!!!!!!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Also I started Emerald on an Emulator. I was fighting Lass Tiana near Petalburg, trying to level up a Poocheyena, and her Shroomish killed it. Then I sent in Mudkip, my only other pokemon, her Shroomish had near full HP, and I new I was doomed.
    "Mudkip used Tackle!
    Critical Hit!
    Shroomish fainted..."
    O.O HOLY $H**
    I've rarely had luck that awesome!

Fusionx

Capable Hacker
    Years
  • WTF Moment: I Was On The Bus comming Home. And My Friend Told Me That He Had Celebi i was like wtf how did u get that?

[pokemon silver]

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A "WTF" moment for me is fishing in a cave and seeing a Wailmer in a cave battle landscape. I also get shocked when I see non-Water Pokemon while I surf (like Zubat/Golbat in caves, Hoppip in the Sevii Islands and Lunatone/Solrock in Meteor Falls).

Pikachu lvl88

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    One of WTF moments was seeing Regirock for first time in Battle Tower. I though (probably) something like this - "wtf is this, a legendary unavaible in Ruby?"

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • my WTF moment has to do with the programming of the Ralts -> Kirlia -> Gardevoir Evo chain. I swear someone hated the idea of this Pokemon. I mean think about it:
    First its a 50/50 Male/Female... Ralts I can see it, Kirlia looks similar to a girl in pig tails and a skirt, and the Gardevoir has a feminine body with a dress. There are other unisex Pokemon so why not make this one female only (this is before the Gallade).

Second look at its egg group... it makes no sense. Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir look very humanoid yet are stuck in indeterminate like the Muk, and Weezing (they could have at least stuck it in both...).

Lastly Gardevoir translates to Sir Knight... Sir is a respectful term used for men (Ma'am for women). So to make the name make sense I need a male Gardevoir?! Also what about the Gardevoir makes someone think knight?

Anyhow that is what makes me continue to go WTF in Gen 3 :p

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Lets see.... here's one!

Under cycling road, BOOM!
    I found a shiny electrike in ruby!
    Time to catch it!
    Weakens it.
    YAY! Here goes my pokeba.....!!!???
    I DON'T HAVE ANY POKEBALLS?
    Wonderful. Then I just faint it then go to mauville city to get some pokeballs :| .

anthony12306

HackER In Progress
    Years
  • When I 1st played Sapphire (My 1st gen.3 game) I choose Torchic as a starter and it turned out to be shiny... But I didn't know until my friend told me :D

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    HAHAHA my WTF moment came on here! while i was trading someone... seeI caught a female Hippodawn or whatever and i noticed it wasn't it's usual color So i tried to trade it, Once we got into the trade room, he sent me a messaged and asked where it was. I told him it was in my party...he say that's just the girl version. smh

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • o_O Edit, you do realize this is basically the R/S/E & FR/LG section, right? Hippowdon didn't exist in them.

My WTF moment: I was in the trick house, and just beat the first pokemon of the first trainer to the north of your initial position. I get to her second pokemon...and my pokemon ends up getting paralyzed. Not a bad deal, right? Well, for the next four turns, it was rendered immobile by paralysis.

I'm really starting to doubt that the chance of paralysis is 50% if being paralyzed happened four turns in a row.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Annnd...there goes another WTF moment XD

anyways, I do have one I used A Azumarril (Lv30) in Emerald against flannery, and KO'ed most of her pokemon with rollout. I had full HP, but her Torkoal entered the match and beat me with Overheat -_-

Back