• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen WTF moment

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • I was at the Battle Tower in Ruby and I had a 49 win streak and i was one Pokemon away from my last trainer star. My opponent sent out a Starmie. It was pretty much the one Pokemon that could beat my team. It took out 2 of my Pokemon until I was down to Porygon2. I knew the only way I'd win is if I could paralyse it. So then I started using Zap Cannon. After missing 3 times it hit. I was so happy and then Starmie had a Cheri Berry. It then used Recover and then finished me off with Ice Beam. I used some bad language that night.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • My WTF moment is that when I was on the Battle Arena on Emerald, I saw a shiny Quilfish. And I am like: WTF!!! I want that thing!!! T_T
    What a torture for a low chance to find him not at the wild but in a place where I can't catch it instead.. T_T

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • My save glitched and I got the gold battle tower symbol for free on emerald. The funny thing is that it only says I have a one win streak on my record, because I never go there anymore.

syotipoke

Nub3r Whatever
    Years
  • This is my classmate's WTF moment:

In Sapphire, he was trying to catch Kyogre.All his Pokemon fainted, except for his Ninetales. His Ninetales ownd it (had it fainted).

What's worse:he didn't save!

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Well, that is one strong Ninetales!! XD
    I can't say I have had to many WTF moments... One is that I had 40 Ultra balls to catch Groudon. Threw all of them, not one caught him... Reloaded the game. Caught him on the first ball. XD I MEAN WTF

Years
  • Years ago when I had Ruby I found a shiny Makuhita in Granite Cave. I'd only jsut learned about shinies earlier that day and a few save files after I caught it... kyzkzuzkzzzkzkzkzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... game crashed, save file wiped. Closer inspection... Ruby was a pirated cartridge! Noo! Why couldn't I find it on my perfectly normal Sapphire?

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
    Years
  • My WTF moment was wheni was trying to get a baby Torchic when breeding with a Zangoose then finally found out to get a baby Torchic i needed a Female Blaziken so i had like 20 Zangoose babies, i stored about 18 Zangooses and the two remaining eggs in my PC Box, one week later Pokémon Diamond and Pearl came out so i forgot about Emerald, two years later learnt about Pal Park , yeah i know i was a noob:(, got my Emerald and decided to hatch the last two remaining eggs, the 2nd hatched and it was a shiny, i was estatic! But i read that you could not catch Tropius in Diamond so i went to go cacth one in Emerald the one i caught had Pokérus!!! YAY!!!

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
  • My WTF moment was in FireRed. I absolutely couldn't beat the Elite Four at all, so I stopped playing for a long time. A year later, I pick up the game...And go through the Elite Four like they are nothing. My team was no different than what it was because I didn't touch the game at all.

I seriously WTFed at that. How the heck was I able to beat the Elite Four after a year of not playing and not being able to do so before??

Comokanu

Glitch Hunter
    Years
  • When I usually see weird Pokémon I catch it. Like the shiny Weedle I caught in FR. It was an odd color, which made me think it was glitch'd up. But then stars flew from the Weedle and I was like WTF? This looks too well made to be a glitch!

I caught it, looked it up on trust Serebii to find it was a shiny. I exploded in delight.

I reseted the game, as no one wanted to trade for it because they were dirty hackers. Little did I know of the upcoming GTS trade feature on D/P.

FML. And WTF.

Also when my Emerald crashed after defeating one of the Frontier Brains. That was before I could save. I smashed the nearest object to me, which was my lunchbox. I had school the next day, carrying my sandwiches in a plastic bag in a rucksack full of books. Opened the rucksack only to see my books covered in bread, mayonnaise and slices of ham.

What The Actual F!

ATalkingMeowth

Beginning Trainer!!
    Years
  • Mine is in the Elite Four versus Glacie, first run through. She actually hit me with sheer cold, and though irritated, I passed it off as bad luck. So I sent out another pokemon and started using amnesia; soon ice beam was doing almost nothing, so she used sheer cold again, and it hit, again. WTF game?! It's bad enough fighting an ice trainer while attempting an all grass-types challenge, and then you throw this at me? C'mon...

hatake_kakashi

I am a Copy-Pokemon!
    Years
  • here's mine, i was trying to make my squirtle (my starter) to reach level 100 without evolving, when i reach level 50.. i forgot to press the cancel button (the B button, i didn't even think of giving my squirtle an everstone), and soon after i saved the game, and then i realized my mistake.. seriously WTF have i done? waaaaaaaaaaah!

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    my WTF moment was when i found a shiny Slugma lv 2 near Daycare! my brother said that it was a glitch :O it happened in my sapphire. another one was where i caught a weird MAGIKARP called MAGIKRAP! (i realesed it now -.-) on the internet they say its aftermath of cheats or something (i bought it used)

Years
  • right. I was just outside Petalburg in the grass.
    Wild Zigzagoon (uncommon)
    Wild Zigzagoon (uncommon)
    Wild Wurmle (SO RARE lol)
    Wild Ralts (RARE)
    Wild Ralts (RARE)
    also the only pokemon i have ever ran into in petalburg woods are shroomish. luck or what?
    ....lol

Years
  • In Emerald I was going to catch Kyorge for my friend. And I got 80-87 Ultra Balls and got it down to 1 HP, and asleep and caught him with only 2 Ultra Balls left.

Also on emerald, My friend was catching Registeel and had 70-80 Ultra Balls and ran out of Ultra Balls, and had 5 pokeballs, and caught him with only one pokeball :S

Years
  • Mine was on Ruby in the Elite Four.

I was fighting the first guy's Mightyena with a Spoink. Here's what happened:

Mightyena used Swagger!
    Spoink's attack sharply rose!
    Spoink's Own Tempo prevents confusion!

... Lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    Shiny Rayquaza. I thought it was glitched, so I turned off and back on and it was 'fixed'.

GrazingCrow

Scholar of Flames
    Years
  • Lol. One time my friend was playing my pokemon game, and found a SHINY Pidgey. I exclaimed, "Dude! OMG, that Pidgey is shiny!" He was also appalled by it.

And then, for some unknown reason, I see him highlight "Flamethrower" with his Arcanine and end up killing it....

What. The. Fudge?

Back