• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WWIII (world war 3) is it going to happen and if it deos when sorry im very scaraed

do u think that thier will be an WWIII

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Did you bother clicking on the link? It clearly says at the top:
Does the Bible predict that the world will end in 2012?
No! But it does predict that it will end. And it describes some of the events leading up to that time. The following prophecy is just one of many prophecies in the Bible which speak of the end of the world.

And that did mention 2012. Also, you said it's a fansite, it's actually by people who are interested in it, I mean like, WHO would a fan, of the world coming an end, do you mean they all just want to die like that? =/

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
Did you bother clicking on the link? It clearly says at the top:

And that did mention 2012. Also, you said it's a fansite, it's actually by people who are interested in it, I mean like, WHO would a fan, of the world coming an end, do you mean they all just want to die like that? =/
Most religious texts predict an end of days of some sort; but just because they do doesn't do ANYTHING to support the 2012 claim. It's like furries who claim that because many Disney films have Anthropomorphic characters that Disney is pro-furry. It's like lul-wut?

Stop. Spreading. Lies.

Thank you.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013

Most religious texts predict an end of days of some sort; but just because they do doesn't do ANYTHING to support the 2012 claim. It's like furries who claim that because many Disney films have Anthropomorphic characters that Disney is pro-furry. It's like lul-wut?

Stop. Spreading. Lies.

Thank you.

Hmm, your grammar slipped up a bit there, so it's hard to understand, and that text was not written by the people of that site, it's a quote from the Bible, do you not believe in Jesus? Because what you're saying makes me think so.

How am I spreading lies at all? I can't seem to see any lies that I am telling, and how would you even know it's lies that I am telling? Were you actually there when the Bible was written? You really don't know if it's lies or not, and you have nothing to back up that statement, and also you are unsure of this, you are going by what you think, therefore, I am not telling lies.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
There's nothing wrong with my grammar. The error is axshually with your comprehension; maybe you should pay more attention in school? :3 You're right; I don't believe in Jesus ~ I'm agnostic and proudly so. But that doesn't mean I haven't read your little bible; and it's pretty obvious that there is no mention in that passage (or anywhere in the text, actually) to the year 2012. Besides all this, belief in Jesus doesn't automatically entail belief or faith in the bible; the bible is written by man; afterall.

What these silly fanatics do is try to attribute anything that they can, retroactively; to support their claim. It's like any conspiracy theorist though; they make up rules and exceptions to suit their claim. It's all just drivel, really.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I did not say that there was something wrong with your grammar, I said you had a slip-up, or as known as a typo.
Look at post 44, I showed a part which relates to the year 2012.

Silly? Can I ask where you get this from, because once again you are not sure of anything. Why would they go to the bother of doing it all then? If they weren't right then they would be idiots, which they are not.
You can even just type '2012' in Google and loads of things would come up, and I don't think they would be doing all of that for no reason.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
[...] it's pretty obvious that there is no mention in that passage (or anywhere in the text, actually) to the year 2012. Besides all this, belief in Jesus doesn't automatically entail belief or faith in the bible; the bible is written by man; afterall.

What these silly fanatics do is try to attribute anything that they can, retroactively; to support their claim. It's like any conspiracy theorist though; they make up rules and exceptions to suit their claim. It's all just drivel, really.
QFT.

To be honest, I'd rather worry about making life better now than worry about some giant nuclear crap-fest. That's not something I'll likely be able to affect. If it happens, then I'll do my best to help when that time comes; otherwise, it's a non-issue anyway.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
I did not say that there was something wrong with your grammar, I said you had a slip-up, or as known as a typo.
There was no typo in my post
Look at post 44, I showed a part which relates to the year 2012.
What you quoted there in #44 wasn't from the bible. Therefore you've yet to provide any proof that the bible says "the world will end in 2012"
Silly? Can I ask where you get this from, because once again you are not sure of anything. Why would they go to the bother of doing it all then? If they weren't right then they would be idiots, which they are not.
They are idiots.
You can even just type '2012' in Google and loads of things would come up, and I don't think they would be doing all of that for no reason.
Loads of things come up because loads of people believe; mistakenly; that there's something that will happen in 2012. Mostly due to misinformation. Remember, children ~
Belief != Fact
Only fact and truth prevail; and it's pretty obvious that here we are some 28 months away from this "magical date" and nothing is going to happen. If there was some great shift in the earth's axis; it would take place over HUNDREDS OF YEARS. A solar flare? We get hit by solar flares on a regular basis. A comet? Meteor? We'd have seen it coming for years. It's all been debunked and even decedents of the Mayans (the Mayan Calender being the *original* source for 2012 silliness) will tell you; there is no apocalypse predicted by the end of the Long Count Calender.

Repeating: The Mayan Longcount Calender does NOT predict the end of days. It ends because all things that are finite must have a start and an end. Does their Calender start at the dawn of time? No. Why should it end at the end of time?

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Oops. xD I didn't mean to say typo. >.<
Well I know it doesn't say it in the quote, but what else would that quote be warning you about? 2035? Which that year hasn't anything said about it. Or 2012 which loads of people on this planet believe that something will happen? And many people do believe that too, they believe that something has to happen, and lots believe it will be the end of the world, so you are going against millions of people on this planet.

Now what makes you be able to say that so straight? Is there anything actually saying that they are all idiots? That nothing will really happen? Well, loads of people do believe that they are not idiots and something will happen, and most of the rest really don't care at all, some don't even know. So why do you call them idiots?

Jesus would have known for sure, and do you think all the people all the way back then were idiots and were all mistaken, including Jesus was mistaken for writing the Bible? I think not.

Why should it not end at a certain time? I don't see why it shouldn't come to an end. =/

Anti

return of the king
Years
I do believe that WWIII will happen, and 2012 would be when I think it will commence, because something is supposed to happen in 2012, i'm sure most know that. And nowadays there are loads of nuclear weapons, especially Russia and America, and at the moment Russia kind of hate America, so a War between the two of them would mean WWIII, and I wouldn't be surprised if China were to join in, because they are comunist and would probably want to get all the power they can.
Well, thats really all I have to say about it at the moment.

Russia sure doesn't hate us nearly as much as they used to, and they never blew us up during the Cold War because that would have meant the end of not just the United States but the Soviet Union as well. They have no reason to wipe the United States off the map, and just like before, they will be destroyed if they even try to attack us. It would basically be a suicidal move, so no one with a brain would let a conflict escalate to nuclear war.

As for China, they aren't really Communist. the government set up by Mao is still in power and isn't exactly an advocate of political freedom, but they have moved away from the fundamental parts of communism, so it's really communist in name only. Even if they were communist, it's not like being communist automatically means they're going to be an aggressor power willing to use nuclear weapons. The Soviet Union backed down during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and China, if they are smart at all, would do the same thing if tensions were to get that high.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
Oops. xD I didn't mean to say typo. >.<
Well I know it doesn't say it in the quote, but what else would that quote be warning you about? 2035? Which that year hasn't anything said about it. Or 2012 which loads of people on this planet believe that something will happen? And many people do believe that too, they believe that something has to happen, and lots believe it will be the end of the world, so you are going against millions of people on this planet.
Oh, I forgot. When the majority of people believe something; it's wrong and immoral to stand for truth and reason; right? In-fact, having ANY conflicting point of view against the majority is wrong, right? That's why revolutions never happen; governments never get overthrown and science never proves crackpots wrong, right? That's what you're putting out there.

Now what makes you be able to say that so straight? Is there anything actually saying that they are all idiots? That nothing will really happen? Well, loads of people do believe that they are not idiots and something will happen, and most of the rest really don't care at all, some don't even know. So why do you call them idiots?
Because they're getting riled up and obsessed over something with no physical grounding proof to support. Therefore; they're idiots.

Jesus would have known for sure, and do you think all the people all the way back then were idiots and were all mistaken, including Jesus was mistaken for writing the Bible? I think not.
I think we've already established that the Bible makes no reference to the year 2012. Or are you just not keeping up with the conversation, petal?

Years
As for China, they aren't really Communist. the government set up by Mao is still in power and isn't exactly an advocate of political freedom, but they have moved away from the fundamental parts of communism, so it's really communist in name only. Even if they were communist, it's not like being communist automatically means they're going to be an aggressor power willing to use nuclear weapons. The Soviet Union backed down during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and China, if they are smart at all, would do the same thing if tensions were to get that high.

I agree with you thoroughly with your perspective on a Chinese threat. Sure China is communist, a huge country with power and massive population but that doesn't automatically mean they are evil, let alone a real threat. Just enforcing your point about communism not being automatically bad even further, Karl Marx believed he was spawning the idea of an Utopian society, not one of warmonger and headcases. I also believe, if given the choice, the Chinese would make the right decision and back down if a world wide nuclear cold war was to start. Now a days our technology is to powerful, and plain destructive for full on war. The war in Iraq, god bless them, is still only an insurgent fought war. Any educated boy or girl, and man or woman would realize that before supporting a world spread nuclear campaign.

The idea of a world wide nuclear spar is frightening to say the least. Apocalyptic might do it justice.

But lets stay warm hearted. xD

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I didn't mean having any conflict with the worlds majority is bad at all, but lots are smarter than you and also lots are smarter than most people, so they would be believable, did I put anything about science out there? I think now.

The Bible is a physical thing, and nobody would have been able to come up with this whole story, so yeah, there is physical proof.

Was doing a bit of looking around and it appears that the date 2012 is not in the Bible, read this for more information, the second part states that the date isn't in the Bible.

Oh and by the way, you can stop this if you want, because we are really going offtopic, as this thread is about WWIII and not 2012. =| (And I will keep going on. xD)

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2010
I didn't mean having any conflict with the worlds majority is bad at all, but lots are smarter than you and also lots are smarter than most people, so they would be believable, did I put anything about science out there? I think now.

The Bible is a physical thing, and nobody would have been able to come up with this whole story, so yeah, there is physical proof.

Was doing a bit of looking around and it appears that the date 2012 is not in the Bible, read this for more information, the second part states that the date isn't in the Bible.

Oh and by the way, you can stop this if you want, because we are really going offtopic, as this thread is about WWIII and not 2012. =| (And I will keep going on. xD)
The Bible is a physical work written by man. It's great fiction; but I've read better. To say that no man could write something with such an elaborate story is just closed-minded; creativity is what makes us human! I'm willing to put it be now, though ~ now that you've seen that the 2012 date isn't referenced at all in the Bible. I was just correcting that XD

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
No, it's written by Jesus, the son of God, but I guess he was human at the time, but possessed way more power than any normal human. I guess someone could, but I don't see why they would go to bother of that.
Well actually, you don't believe in Jesus and you didn't think anything would happen, and it was all ridiculous, and I was correcting that, but I now do know that 2012 isn't referenced in the Bible, although that does not make me stop believing that Jesus will make his return in 2012 and the Anti-Christ will have power.
And.... I will stop now since this is Offtopic really. =S You have only won with one thing though. xD

Well, back on topic, I do think that WWIII will take place in 2012, as the Armageddon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
... Sometimes I wish someone would explode the thought of 2012 ending the world rather than exploding people and countries in said world. :(

Years
LOL.

Dude, I would be less worried about a World War 3. Besides, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'm more worried abut getting ****ed on by that damn meteor.

That said, if we did have a WW3, I'd be hella scared. I've never lived in a period of a world war, and I damn sure don't want to now. We(Or whatever other country) would have to do some real messed up stuff to get in a WW3.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 29, 2014
Eh, probably not.

The UN was created to avoid future world wars, and unless North Korea does something stupid, we probably won't.

America would probably not start another world war, because North Korea is basically the only enemy, and if we fight with Korea, we fight with China, which is suicide.

So I'm pretty sure there won't be a WW111, unless we piss off a major power like China, England, etc.

Back