• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Opinions

Do you like the going's on?

• I love it! It is a fresh start!

Votes: 94 70.7%
  • Yeah, I like it, it's cool.

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Umm... yeah, it's fine.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • 2D was for better then THIS!

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Somebody bring me a vomit bag!

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • You are murdering POKEMON!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Sorry to spoil the party and oppose the majority of voters, but I still believe that 2d is better; but that's only in adventure mode, so I'm still excited to see what battles would be like in 3d. To be honest, I don't believe that the camera angles look good in 3d. You can't really see what's behind you, unlike left, right and ahead.

Years
I certainly love the way that Game Freak has gone with X and Y, just based on the preview videos and snapshots, and it's enough for me to convince me to get either one of the games. I really like how they're making attack animations look closer to the anime by changing the view to face towards the Pokémom while its attacking, and how it appears that the buildings will be much more scaled to that of a comparison between a person and a real building.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I'm really liking it so far, I think Fairy was an exception choice for a new type, the legendaries are looking pretty sweet so far, the designs are interesting, I like the biotic theme, the characters look nice and everything so far is great. I hope they keep it up! I'm, like, so excited to see every other Pokemon :D

Years
I love the new style of graphics and am very glad we can finally play a main series Pokemon game on the 3DS. It's about time! They look lovely while still staying true to the original style of Pokemon. :)

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Yes but my point was if you didnt have any of the older games or missed the events, it's rather unfair. Not everyone has wifi. This makes it so some people can't have a completed pokedex.

Okay, so just because some people didn't get the past gen games we should all be punished and have to lose our collections? I've leveled up 12 of my Pokemon up to 100, no cheats nothing like that, but because a handful of people don't have wi-fi or didn't buy the past games I should lose them and the other 500+ Pokemon I have?

You cannot just say no transferring just because a handful of the players don't have wi-fi for event Pokemon or don't have the previous games. That is unfair. Don't have wi-fi for an event? Go to a ****ing Mcdonalds or some local place with free wi-fi and get it.

I wouldn't say it is unfair that some people don't have the older games or missed events, but, unfortunate. Events run for a rather decent amount of time and you can go buy previous generations or do a little bit of trading. It's unfortunate, not unfair.

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
Needless to say I'm excited. I can't wait to start exploring Kalos!

Well to be personal i don't like the idea of 3D's. The game looks ugly despite all the new features.

Well it'll look much better on the actual 3DS. Those snapshots are blown out into a larger size, and even then they don't look too bad so imagine how they will actually look during gameplay.

Yes but my point was if you didnt have any of the older games or missed the events, it's rather unfair. Not everyone has wifi. This makes it so some people can't have a completed pokedex.

I don't mean to sound crude but life's not fair. For those who don't have previous games, or lost them and with it all of their pokemon (like me), they can trade with others or buy the previous games to collect them all. If Game Freak didn't allow transfers then they'd have to remake the other 5 generations so all of the pokemon would become obtainable.

Sorry to spoil the party and oppose the majority of voters, but I still believe that 2d is better; but that's only in adventure mode, so I'm still excited to see what battles would be like in 3d. To be honest, I don't believe that the camera angles look good in 3d. You can't really see what's behind you, unlike left, right and ahead.

Hmmm, while I respect your opinion I think it's best if we wait until the games actually come out, and we play them to judge if 2D would look better.

Last edited:

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I say we should be able to transfer. I have a collection of shiny Pokemon, EV trained Pokemon, and rare event Pokemon like Arceus, Victini, Meloetta, etc and it'd be unfair to not be able to keep them in Gen 6.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Well, I wasn't really sure where to post this... but anyway, here's some more gameplay footage:

Yup, I'm totally digging these graphics.
One specific thing that I loved about this footage was Octillery's animations. Those tentacles moving just looked awesome!

Last edited:

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I love all the new features that X and Y have, and I love the 3D style gameplay movement! Yes! Although I do prefer the graphics and battle areas of Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness (where all the Pokemon and Trainers would be on the same floor instead of what looks like Pokemon standing on 2 floating platforms), these graphics still look good.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Like many, I am excited for X and Y! The part that I am most interested in, is how the game will look in 3D. This could be really good or really bad. I think that 3D may create an entirely new way to paly the Pokemon games after X and Y. I also can't wait to see all of the new Pokemon and to play with a of the new features GameFreak is adding to X and Y!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I love all the new features that X and Y have, and I love the 3D style gameplay movement! Yes! Although I do prefer the graphics and battle areas of Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness (where all the Pokemon and Trainers would be on the same floor instead of what looks like Pokemon standing on 2 floating platforms), these graphics still look good.
I feel the same way, it would've been nice if they had made large in battle fields and ditched the two circle thing. Oh well at least the background graphics look nice :).

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Well, I wasn't really sure where to post this... but anyway, here's some more gameplay footage:

Yup, I'm totally digging these graphics.
One specific thing that I loved about this footage was Octillery's animations. Those tentacles moving just looked awesome!

Epic footage just one flaw(I knowe this isn't going to be in the gasme)
SHUT UP PEOPLE IN THE CORNER. Why would they freak out about this region's pidgey?:P

X and Y is looking pretty cool. I can't judge yet until I play it though.

Nakala Pri

Yeah, X/Y is looking very promising! Imagine being able to take pictures in a French forest, Pokemon parading around, beautiful music flowing... then BAM! Trainer comes up when your Pokemon are poisoned and paralyzed, challenges you, find out you haven't got anything but one Full Restore then you have to watch as the opponent uses Thrash about twenty times! UGH! xD

Good times, though, haha.

Rayquaza 97

Draco Meteor.
Years

Although I've only played Colosseum, I think I prefer it when there is two floating platforms as it feels true to the series. That is just my opinion though and I could completely understand how someone would prefer a more realistic look. I just think that whilst GameFreak is giving the series a complete overhaul they have to keep some things the same.

Anyway, I think this is the series I've been looking forward to the most, probably due to the fact that I've never really been aware of a games release until the last minute. Since I'm a lot older this time around, I am more aware of whats going on, so the excitement builds quicker.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm loving the Trainer music for Pokémon X & Y, it sounds like a merge of Colosseum Battle music and RSE Battle music. It's like a Gen III all over again! ;;

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Almost everything is perfect, my complaints are about minor things like the position and size of the status bar in battle. I'll get my copy day one hopefully.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
But transefer is unfair for people who dont have past gen games. They should just add every pokemon in the game. Or atleast all the elementary and they did have events for b/w

Boohoo. I honestly don't care if its unfair for people who don't have the previous Pokemon games, Im not trolling on you dude. But WE'RE THE ONES WHO SUPPORT GAMEFREAK / NINTENDO So i believe that they should make transferring possible. Like another person said, We have put time & money into catching these critters. It would be so sad if i couldn't take my Nidoqueen to the next game, Mind you i have had since FR/LG.

I am interested in playing X & Y
My girlfriend said she would buy me 3DS for my birthday which is in december. Ive also been wanting to play the remake of Ocarina of time. So i will end up buying one wether or not transfer is possible.
Hopefully they will just make it possible for X & Y to pick up on hacked Pokemon, If so there is no reason not to let our guys come over for another round of badges.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I'm so excited since I finally have enough money to buy Y and a 3DS XL! I love the graphics and I'm about to release my excitement! This is just like when D/P were released with a new graphic and I were just losing my senses over how happy I'm! New Pokemon, new region to explore, new evil group etc. I can't wait to embrace these graphics even more!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
XY looks so badass, I seriously can't wait for it. It's going in a newer direction and until now people love it a lot, even people who doesn't play Pokemon told me that they wanted to get a 3DS and try the new Pokemon game once it's out. That says a lot about the game. And so much new game mechanics and features will be available for XY.

3 long more months till we can buy this gem :(

Back