• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    This seems right on the surface, but it's even more complicated than this. You need to multiply by 31/32 three times too for the non-perfect IVs. Consider the (purely hypothetical) case of a Pokemon with 35 different stats. Then, using this method, the chance of finding such a Pokemon in the Friend Safari with 3 perfect IVs would be 33 x (1/32) = 33/32, which is absurd.

Very true, I realized it afterwards, but I was already on a bus to my hometown, so I couldn't edit. I'll just delete my post, since my entire reasoning was off anyway.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2014
    A glitch? Help!

Recently my game would crash whenever I either encounter a gyrados or try to view my mew two.Someone help please,My party pokemon is alr lvl100 and i dun wanna restart!I cannot fight elite four because Siebold has a gyrados.Thks in advance :(

Years
    If you're fighting the Elite Four for money, you could use Restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose City until you find a solution to it.

Unfortunately that's all the advice I can give you, since I've never heard of this glitch before.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've never heard of this glitch either, but I have a couple of questions (which may or may not be relevant for addressing your problem):
    1. Physical or digital version?
    2. When did the problem start occurring? What did you do shortly before the glitch started to occur? (Anything from dropping your system to changes in the games you were playing, SD cards used in your system, etc.)
    3. You said that your game freezes when you view your Mewtwo. Is this when you view your Mewtwo's stats page, or anytime it appears (e.g., battle)? Where did you get this Mewtwo? Does this happen with other Mewtwo? (If you don't have another Mewtwo and the GTS is working, I've found that putting up a good breeding reject overnight tends to net me a lot of the XY legendaries, so you could try that, or you could borrow a Mewtwo from someone here.)
    4. You said encountering any Gyarados freezes the game. I assume that means both wild Gyarados and trainer-held ones, correct?
    5. Are there any other events that cause the game to freeze (e.g., other Pokémon, other actions, using particular items, talking to certain people, etc.)?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    Action replay

which action replay device will work for pokemon x and y but also ds games like pokemon black? and will usage of the action replay have any negative effects on the game like not being able to use wifi things or battle against someone?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    Recently my game would crash whenever I either encounter a gyrados or try to view my mew two.Someone help please,My party pokemon is alr lvl100 and i dun wanna restart!I cannot fight elite four because Siebold has a gyrados.Thks in advance :(

I don't think there is anything you can do for this. Have you made sure your game is up to date with the patches?

Have you been using any hacking device or action replay or something else that has the capability to mess with the game's code?

If you have done the patches and haven't used a device, I think the best thing for you to do is give all your important or expensive items to your pokemon to hold and trade them to a friend for safekeeping and then either upload the rest to pokebank if you have it or again trade to a friend and restart. Then make sure you don't still have the glitch before taking all your pokemon back. If it still occurs then you will have to take the game back to where you bought it and have it changed for a new copy.

Last edited:

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
    which action replay device will work for pokemon x and y but also ds games like pokemon black? and will usage of the action replay have any negative effects on the game like not being able to use wifi things or battle against someone?

You can used PowerSaves for X/Y and the DSi Action Replay for all of the DS games. I've owned PowerSaves, but I have owned two Action Replays before (one DS and one DSi) and they both ended up broken. In addition, they also have the chance of harming/breaking your DS and/or game cartridge. I haven't heard any issues with PowerSaves, but if you use any DS Action Replay, use it with caution.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    Question about my pikachus and their Nature

Hey so ive been an avid fan of pokemon for years but only recently have picked up newer generations of games. I realize that new game play features such as nature determine how good or bad a pokemon can be and that through breeding can create better pokemon.

My question is, I have caught two Pikachus (both level 5) one male and one female. I was wondering which i should stick with or if it even matters (if one is better than the other or if they are both duds :p) I will list the stats and natures

Male Pikachu / Female Pikachu

Hp 19 / Hp-19
    Att- 11 / Att- 12
    Def- 10 / Def- 9
    Sp.atk- 10 / Sp.atk-10
    Sp.def- 11 / Sp.def-11
    Speed- 14 / Speed- 14
    Nature- Quirky / Nature- Lonely

Also if you could suggest a good move set to aim for that would be great :) Thanks guys

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
    For a Pikachu, you want a Timid nature. Also, I believe Pikachus caught in the wild sometimes hold a Light Ball. Give that item to your Timid nature Pikachu. As for movesets, you'd be better off Googling that. Not too many people I know use Pikachu/Raichu competitively. If it's just for storyline purposes, anything goes really.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    I have also used pikachu in my storyline and it pretty much rocked. But if you want to make it rock you need to farm a lightball. There are 2 ways to do this.
    1. Have a pokemon with compound eyes(scatterbug has it most of the times but not always so check first) in the first slot of your party. This increases the chanse that pikachu hold an lightball from 5% to 20%. But pikachu's encounter rate is pretty low.
    2. Have a pokemon with static(pikachu for example) in your first slot. This increases the odds of encountering electric type pokemon with 50%. Because pikachu is the only electric type you will pretty much only encounter pikachu's.
    If you just started with your playtrough you will mostly likely not have a pokemon with frisk. Frisk tells you what kind of hold item your opponent is wearing.But if you do have i reccomand having it in the 2nd slot and a fainted pikachu in the first. if you don't i still recommand to have pikachu in the first slot with static and just catch as many pikachu's as you want some of them might have the right nature and the light ball of course.
    For a playtrough though i reccomand going timid/modest (timid increases speed while decreasing attack and modes increases sp atk and decreases atk) But if you later when you can breed decide to breed a pichu with volt tackle i reccomand going adament/jolly(adament increases attack and lowers sp atk and joly increases speed and decreases sp atk) You can also decide just to breead a pichu with volt tackle and evolve it into a raichu. Pikachu may have better atk stats with the light ball but it has horrible bulk and hp. It will get OHKO by anything. Also ev train it in speed+ sp atk or speed +atk.

Edit: Btw low lvl pokémon from the same species will pretty much have the same stats no matter the nature/iv's. So the pokemon you have listed are no indication if they are good or not(but the nature's arent optimal so in my eyes they are already bad xD). And if you don't know what EV/IV is I recommand you to google a guide and learn what it is. but either way if you want to make pikachu as good as possible you will have to ev train it even for a playtrough i recommand to ev train it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Stat questions

Okay so I am engaging in a breeding program for a perfect froakie. My question is at lvl 1 if it has all ivs at 31 what are its stats like?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Okay so I am engaging in a breeding program for a perfect froakie. My question is at lvl 1 if it has all ivs at 31 what are its stats like?

Almost identical to if all its IVs are 0 ;) It's almost impossible to say anything about IVs by looking at its stats at Lv.1. I suggest you challenge the Battle Institute in Lumiose City. All Pokemon are set to Lv.50, so you can see what its stats will be at Lv.50. That will tell you a lot more about its IVs. I also advise you to go to the IV Judge in Kiloude City Pokemon Center (the guy with the purple hair on the left). Then use this calculator: https://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    does pokemon that faint still earn xp?

No, unless you use a Revive on them. They also won't evolve if they were due to evolve at the end of the battle.

EDIT: Apparently that last part isn't true anymore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    Okay another question. Since I am new to breeding if I use a male and female pokemon with 6 perfect ivs in breeding am I guranteed 6 perfect ivs on all their kids or will I more often get 5 perfect ivs?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Okay another question. Since I am new to breeding if I use a male and female pokemon with 6 perfect ivs in breeding am I guranteed 6 perfect ivs on all their kids or will I more often get 5 perfect ivs?

The child inherits 5 of the parents' IVs and the sixth is always random, so usually you will only get 5 perfect IVs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I have also used pikachu in my storyline and it pretty much rocked. But if you want to make it rock you need to farm a lightball. There are 2 ways to do this.
    1. Have a pokemon with compound eyes(scatterbug has it most of the times but not always so check first) in the first slot of your party. This increases the chanse that pikachu hold an lightball from 5% to 20%. But pikachu's encounter rate is pretty low.
    2. Have a pokemon with static(pikachu for example) in your first slot. This increases the odds of encountering electric type pokemon with 50%. Because pikachu is the only electric type you will pretty much only encounter pikachu's.
    If you just started with your playtrough you will mostly likely not have a pokemon with frisk. Frisk tells you what kind of hold item your opponent is wearing.But if you do have i reccomand having it in the 2nd slot and a fainted pikachu in the first. if you don't i still recommand to have pikachu in the first slot with static and just catch as many pikachu's as you want some of them might have the right nature and the light ball of course.
    For a playtrough though i reccomand going timid/modest (timid increases speed while decreasing attack and modes increases sp atk and decreases atk) But if you later when you can breed decide to breed a pichu with volt tackle i reccomand going adament/jolly(adament increases attack and lowers sp atk and joly increases speed and decreases sp atk) You can also decide just to breead a pichu with volt tackle and evolve it into a raichu. Pikachu may have better atk stats with the light ball but it has horrible bulk and hp. It will get OHKO by anything. Also ev train it in speed+ sp atk or speed +atk.

Edit: Btw low lvl pokémon from the same species will pretty much have the same stats no matter the nature/iv's. So the pokemon you have listed are no indication if they are good or not(but the nature's arent optimal so in my eyes they are already bad xD). And if you don't know what EV/IV is I recommand you to google a guide and learn what it is. but either way if you want to make pikachu as good as possible you will have to ev train it even for a playtrough i recommand to ev train it.

Also, keep in mind that if you are using Pikachu, the Light Ball will DOUBLE both Att and Sp Att, which makes it even stronger than Raichu, so there's not really (necessarily) anything wrong with going a mixed attacker as well. (you don't have to choose between physical or special you can have both) and I always suggest a Hasty nature (or Lonely or Mild) and the reason for that is that it's Defense is so low anyway that there's really no point in worrying about it. No matter WHAT nature you use pretty much any physical attack will OHKO it, so you might as well make use of it's onyl good stats, Speed, Sp Att and Att. Even if you evolve it to Raichu, it's Def is STILL only going to be a horrible 55 base, so still, no matter what, any physical attack is going to take it out no matter what you do. One thing I will strongly advise against is to NOT go with a Naive nature. That was suggested to me, but it has a terrible Def, lowering it's Sp Def for no reason other than "that's the standard with mixed sweepers" is not going to do you any favours at all because now BOTH your defenses are hindered. Just be sure to remember that if you do evolve it, you'll be getting more bulk, but you will lose the benefit of Light Ball as it won't work on Raichu, and it's Att and Sp Att won't be as strong as Pikachu with the light ball.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back