• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    One thing I will strongly advise against is to NOT go with a Naive nature. That was suggested to me, but it has a terrible Def, lowering it's Sp Def for no reason other than "that's the standard with mixed sweepers" is not going to do you any favours at all because now BOTH your defenses are hindered.
    We disagree. Pikachu may have the defenses equal to wet tissue paper but we have to remind you that most priority moves are still physically aligned.

Hasty: 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0- Def Pikachu: 93-111 (83.7 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    Naive: 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Pikachu: 84-100 (75.6 - 90%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Pikachu will die to reasonably strong moves, no matter whether you keep your SDef or not, but the drop in Def is still noticable when your opponent whips out priority moves.

Even if you evolve it to Raichu, it's Def is STILL only going to be a horrible 55 base, so still, no matter what, any physical attack is going to take it out no matter what you do.
    You seem to downplay Raichu's heavily increased HP by a lot (35 to 60 is no joke). It results in a much higher survivability both from the physical and the special side, but mostly the special side. Don't get us wrong, that is by no means bulky, but Raichu does not kneel over that easily when the crossfire comes from neutral coverage moves.

252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Pikachu: 117-138 (105.4 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Raichu: 94-110 (69.1 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Also, you forgot to mention that unlike Pikachu Raichu is able to hold another item, which helps to bridge the power gap. However, the real perk of Raichu is the increased speed. In this generation a Raichu is actually as fast as Gengar, Jumpluff and Lati@s. That is no Raikou, who is faster, stonger and bulkier, but still at least considerable because of your access to Focus Blast coverage.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2021
    a pokemon x question

i got the pokemon x game is it possible to hack the xp to get double xp or something

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    Well theres an item called lucky egg that doubles the exp u gain, but only for the pokemon whos equiped with it, it is located in Coumarine City, if you fly there and then catch the monorail to the other city of the city turn up towards the Coumarine Hotel and talk to the woman on the left with blond hair, as long as your 1st pokemon in the party likes you she will give you the lucky egg, also there's an O-Power for gaining more exp, i hope this helps you, if u are interested in hacks, u are in the wrong forum

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2021
    so i know u arnt in for hacking but its many posts here with hacking like room hacking etc but so there isnt any way to hack the game so it gives u 200 x xp gain or something like u could in ds pokemon hs and ss

Years
    Does Contrary not work with the opponent and only on stat changes that you're afflicted with? When I battled the Inkay i'm using, my Umbreon's Screech caused its Defense to rise, but when I was battling a trainer's Fraxure that used Dragon Dance on Route 14, its stats rose. I take it by that that Contrary only affects the holder of the ability and not the opponent?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Does Contrary not work with the opponent and only on stat changes that you're afflicted with? When I battled the Inkay i'm using, my Umbreon's Screech caused its Defense to rise, but when I was battling a trainer's Fraxure that used Dragon Dance on Route 14, its stats rose. I take it by that that Contrary only affects the holder of the ability and not the opponent?
    Yup, Contrary only affects the Pokemon with the ability. Inkay/Malamar does get Topsy-Turvy, which reverses the opposing Pokemon's stat boosts.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    We disagree. Pikachu may have the defenses equal to wet tissue paper but we have to remind you that most priority moves are still physically aligned.

Hasty: 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0- Def Pikachu: 93-111 (83.7 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    Naive: 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Pikachu: 84-100 (75.6 - 90%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Pikachu will die to reasonably strong moves, no matter whether you keep your SDef or not, but the drop in Def is still noticable when your opponent whips out priority moves.

You seem to downplay Raichu's heavily increased HP by a lot (35 to 60 is no joke). It results in a much higher survivability both from the physical and the special side, but mostly the special side. Don't get us wrong, that is by no means bulky, but Raichu does not kneel over that easily when the crossfire comes from neutral coverage moves.

252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Pikachu: 117-138 (105.4 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Raichu: 94-110 (69.1 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Also, you forgot to mention that unlike Pikachu Raichu is able to hold another item, which helps to bridge the power gap. However, the real perk of Raichu is the increased speed. In this generation a Raichu is actually as fast as Gengar, Jumpluff and Lati@s. That is no Raikou, who is faster, stonger and bulkier, but still at least considerable because of your access to Focus Blast coverage.

so you're seriously telling me that 11 points change the OHKO chance from 75% to 18%? I SERIOUSLY call that math into question! That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. And the thing about it's HP, yes it has a huge increase but you're ignoring that it's still a base of 60. That is a terrible stat. Just because the base almost doubles still doesn't negate that 60 base HP is still horrendous. Its second lowest stat (hp) still fits into my category of "it's only good stats are Speed, Att and Sp Att" reasoning. You have good math for the priority moves, but what about people that don't live by Smogon rules? How well would a Raichu survvie with two gibbled defenses rather than one good defense and one bad one? Predominantly lots of pokemon tend to have one defense higher than the other, should he just use natures that lower the good defense just because the "standard" is priority moves are physical, so we should ONLY be preparing for that? There's tons of special attackers out there too, what benefit is it to lower a good sp def if that's the only good defense they have? IF they have a high Sp Def, they were obviously meant to go up against sp attackers so how is it good advice to lower their resistance to that?

Also, you say "Also, you forgot to mention that unlike Pikachu Raichu is able to hold another item, which helps to bridge the power gap" but won't say WHAT that item is.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    so you're seriously telling me that 11 points change the OHKO chance from 75% to 18%? I SERIOUSLY call that math into question! That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Also, you say "Also, you forgot to mention that unlike Pikachu Raichu is able to hold another item, which helps to bridge the power gap" but won't say WHAT that item is.
    https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

The damage rolls are as follows for a lv. 50 Pikachu:

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0- Def Pikachu: 93-111 (83.7 - 100%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    (93, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 102, 102, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 111)

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Pikachu: 84-100 (75.6 - 90%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    (84, 86, 87, 87, 89, 90, 90, 92, 93, 93, 95, 96, 96, 98, 99, 100)

So for the first scenario, Hasty, Pikachu @ lv. 50 with 111 hp is reduced to >97 by Stealth Rock, so hitting anything besides 93, 95, 96, 97 will result in a KO, and that's a 12/16 (75%) chance to do so.

For Naive, you must hit the 98, 99 or 100 to get the KO which is 3/16 (18.8%).

The damage rolls are calculated by the damage calc formula I presume, so if this didn't really answer your question I guess you can look into the formula.

And the item thing is just like Mega-Evos, you have the luxury of picking whatever, would it be Scarf, Specs, Life Orb, etc.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    what is hidden ability? i got hidden ability tm what does it mean?

Hidden abilities are abilities available through the Friend Safari or transferrable from the Dream World of gen V. As for a TM, are you thinking of Hidden Power?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    Hidden abilities are abilities available through the Friend Safari or transferrable from the Dream World of gen V. As for a TM, are you thinking of Hidden Power?

yes TM10 hidden power is the same as hidden abilities?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    yes TM10 hidden power is the same as hidden abilities?
    No, hidden abilities and Hidden Power are in no way related. Hidden Power is just an attack. Hidden Abilities are like regular abilities, they're just only obtainable by certain methods.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    No, hidden abilities and Hidden Power are in no way related. Hidden Power is just an attack. Hidden Abilities are like regular abilities, they're just only obtainable by certain methods.

how many hidden abilities can u for have for 1 pokemon? where does hidden abilities show ? pokemon summary?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    how many hidden abilities can u for have for 1 pokemon? where does hidden abilities show ? pokemon summary?

Only 1 Pokemon can have 1 ability at a time; even if a species has two abilities, they can still have one. For example, Gardevoir's regular abilities are Synchronize and Trace, while its Hidden/Dream World ability is Telepathy, but it can only have one out of the three at a time. Some Pokemon species don't have Hidden/Dream World abilities at all, such as Archen and Archeops.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

The Hidden Ability shows in the same place as any other Ability would; on the summary screen. Each Pokemon has one of either two or three possible Abilities, one of which is a Hidden Ability. (EDIT: Actually, not all Pokemon have Hidden Abilities, but most do.) The difference between regular Abilities and Hidden Abilities is that regular Abilities are obtainable in any wild encounter, whereas Hidden Abilities can only be obtained in the Dream World, in the Friend Safari, in horde encounters or through an event.

For example, Magmar usually has the Ability Flame Body; this is its regular Ability, and in this case its only regular Ability. However, there was an event recently where you could get a Magmar with the Ability Vital Spirit; this is its Hidden Ability.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    6th member help?!-In game team

1) Greninja
    2) Talonflame
    3) Lucario
    4) Gengar(Mega)
    5) Tyrantrum

not sure what else to put in there?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    6th member help?!-In game team

1) Greninja
    2) Talonflame
    3) Lucario
    4) Gengar(Mega)
    5) Tyrantrum

not sure what else to put in there?

Another it'd be a good idea to put another wall in there, haha. One suggestion would be Chansey; it could withstand many special hits for you without any trouble, and could recover itself whenever it wants with either Wish or Softboiled. You could try Blissey, too, if you like; they're equally as powerful (well, almost), so it shouldn't make much difference. :]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back