• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    Destiny Knot, assuming you have the right parents. Power items only pass down only 1 appropriate IV.

Isn't destiny knot randomly pick stat randomly? Right now I have 2 pokemons
    Each has 2 31stat that are differ from each other
    What method should I use

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Isn't destiny knot randomly pick stat randomly? Right now I have 2 pokemons
    Each has 2 31stat that are differ from each other
    What method should I use

Destiny Knot.
    You would need to breed and breed until your hatchlings will get all of its parents' 4 perfect IVs. :3
    Then use that hatchling as a parent and pair it with another that has IVs which the hatchling doesn't have until you can get a 5IV (or 6IV if you're lucky) hatchling. :3

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    Destiny Knot.
    You would need to breed and breed until your hatchlings will get all of its parents' 4 perfect IVs. :3
    Then use that hatchling as a parent and pair it with another that has IVs which the hatchling doesn't have until you can get a 5IV (or 6IV if you're lucky) hatchling. :3

Would not this take forever ? Y can't I just use power to get stat I want and keep going until I get 7 Iv

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Would not this take forever ? Y can't I just use power to get stat I want and keep going until I get 7 Iv

Um... I believe that "7" is a typo... Anyway~

Yeah, that does take forever~
    That's how breeding works. :P

Many pipz don't put a power-item on one of the parents because most let the other parent hold an Everstone so the Nature of the holder will be passed down to the hatchlings. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    Um... I believe that "7" is a typo... Anyway~

Yeah, that does take forever~
    That's how breeding works. :P

Many pipz don't put a power-item on one of the parents because most let the other parent hold an Everstone so the Nature of the holder will be passed down to the hatchlings. ;)

So at whAt situation u use power item?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So at whAt situation u use power item?

I actually have no idea on that, 'cause I have never used a power-item for breeding before.
    I guess if you don't care about a hatchling's Nature, then you can let the parents hold a Destiny Knot and the desired power item if you want to get a hatchling have specific IVs. =/

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    I actually have no idea on that, 'cause I have never used a power-item for breeding before.
    I guess if you don't care about a hatchling's Nature, then you can let the parents hold a Destiny Knot and the desired power item if you want to get a hatchling have specific IVs. =/

How long does it take to get Iv stat u want ?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    How long does it take to get Iv stat u want ?

It depends on the parent you have. If you have parent 'mons that have great number of IVs, then getting a good IV'd hatchling is easy.
    If you don't have good IV'ed parents, then it might take a long time.

Breeders find it fun and challenging though.
    But not everyone is all alike, so it's also true that others will find breeding boring, time-consuming and a hassle. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    now i am confusing which method to use power item or destiny knot..

It's hard to say which is better when both parents have 2 perfect IVs. I would probably use Destiny Knot at this stage because there's a reasonable chance of 3 perfect IVs being passed down, but it's still not a great chance, so if you have your heart set on a particular stat you could use a Power Item.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
  • So I had an interesting thought: What would happen if a pokemon with Mold Breaker like Excadrill used Stealth Rock on a Magic Bounce Espeon. Would the effects of Magic Bounce still work or would Mold Breaker allow SR to be used.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So I had an interesting thought: What would happen if a pokemon with Mold Breaker like Excadrill used Stealth Rock on a Magic Bounce Espeon. Would the effects of Magic Bounce still work or would Mold Breaker allow SR to be used.

Mold Breaker lets Excadrill ignore Magic Bounce, letting it set up Stealth Rock safely.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    i am trying to breed 6IV Adamant galewing talonflame.

right now I have Adamant gale wing talon female(hold everstone) with 31 def and 31 sp .def breeding with talon male ( hold desint knot) with 31 atk, 31 sp.atk, 31 sp.def
    And i have 1 talon brave gale wing female with 31 hp 31 speed standing

any recommendation?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    Does the pokebank detect hacks by checking for moves and abilities the pokemon shouldn't have, or is it more thorough than that? I only ask because I recently traded some of my shinies for legendaries and a shiny raichu, and I don't want to lose them because someone else decided to hack them in. (Not that I'm totally against the idea. :P)

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Does the pokebank detect hacks by checking for moves and abilities the pokemon shouldn't have, or is it more thorough than that? I only ask because I recently traded some of my shinies for legendaries and a shiny raichu, and I don't want to lose them because someone else decided to hack them in. (Not that I'm totally against the idea. :P)
    As far as we have seen the hack detector does check whether the PID is possible but we are not sure whether it considers the IV combination that is bound to the PID or even whether the Pokemon is generated with the correct method. It is probably hard to get a straight answer because how slow and tedious Pokebank is; nobody who already can generate perfect hacks wants to test that.
    According to other people it occasionally let hacks pass so we wouldn't trade our more valuable Pokemon through the GTS. If you are trading for Pokemon from the previous generations then let them back up their legallity with Pokecheck - it is slightly better in checking, although it sometimes generate false positives with chain shinies.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    I guess it would be best for me to ask someone I trust to hold on to them in their game for a while if I'm wanting to start a new file.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Pokemon Amie seems to only allow a max of 5-6 gifts at once from the passerby pokemon. Does purposely not claiming them cause the gifts, when you finally do claim them, to be better? I've gotten a frosted-cherry-topped pokepuff and a crown decoration by accidentally doing this, when in the 100s of other times I've been careful to claim them immediately. So I know this could just be coincidence but that's why I wanted to ask.

Years
  • Poke Bank Help

Okay so i recently restated pokemon x and now when i try to get into my poke bank it comes up with an error that says this; You previously used a different copy of Pokemon X or Pokemon Y. Please try again using Seth's Pokemon X or Y game. PLEASE HELP :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back