• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Okay so i recently restated pokemon x and now when i try to get into my poke bank it comes up with an error that says this; You previously used a different copy of Pokemon X or Pokemon Y. Please try again using Seth's Pokemon X or Y game. PLEASE HELP :(
    I merged your thread with the X&Y Questions and Answers thread, as the section you posted in is for help or support about the forums, rather than with the games. Try here next time please!

I'm afraid I can't help you there, having never restarted X&Y...
    Pokemon Amie seems to only allow a max of 5-6 gifts at once from the passerby pokemon. Does purposely not claiming them cause the gifts, when you finally do claim them, to be better? I've gotten a frosted-cherry-topped pokepuff and a crown decoration by accidentally doing this, when in the 100s of other times I've been careful to claim them immediately. So I know this could just be coincidence but that's why I wanted to ask.
    I don't really see any reason why that would be, and I hadn't noticed such a trend before either (have let gifts sit there for a while a few times).

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • There's an online competition coming up. Do the spots usually fill up and reach the limit before the deadline? If so how quickly?

I want to register for it, but my team isn't ready (and I know registering locks your battle box), and its finals week, so I'm not sure if I should wait until the last day to register or what. Sign-ups end on March 15th, so.... yeah.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    im using the only one i have.
    Unfortunately I can't think of what the problem is then. =( If its the same game and the same 3DS, it should work. You didn't change your Nintendo Network ID, right?
    And possibly dumb question: Do you have the Pokedex on your new file?

how do you get so many shiny pokemon
    Most people get their shinies via 3 methods: Chain Fishing, PokeRadar, and the Masuda Method.

Basically, chain fishing is where you have a Pokemon with Suction Cups for an ability in the lead slotin your party and go fishing. You hope that the same Pokemon keeps getting fished up in order for a "chain" to start, which increases your chances of getting a shiny version of that Pokemon.

The PokeRadar is a device you get in the post-game from a guy in Sycamore's lab. Once you have it, go find a nice patch of grass and use it. Certain patches of grass with rustle or sparkle or something. Like chain fishing, you hope you keep encountering the same Pokemon in order to increase your chances of finding a shiny one.

The Masuda Method is where you breed 2 Pokemon that are not from the same country (for example, breeding an American Talonflame with a French Ditto). The game is coded so that breeding Pokemon from 2 different countries has a higher chance of being shiny.

Shiny Charm also helps, but you have to catch all 718 Pokemon in order to get it.

That's basically what people do, though someone else can probably explain it a bit better.

Years
  • There's an online competition coming up. Do the spots usually fill up and reach the limit before the deadline? If so how quickly?

I want to register for it, but my team isn't ready (and I know registering locks your battle box), and its finals week, so I'm not sure if I should wait until the last day to register or what. Sign-ups end on March 15th, so.... yeah.

Oh man... I really wanted to register too but my team is not ready yet either and I don't have that much free time... :( And I spent today IV breeding Pokemon that I don't like now -_-

Anyway, I wanted to ask you (if you know), is another online competition coming up next (with better prizes than a berry >_>), maybe in the summer?

hazelfraz

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Pokemon Powersave question

I was wondernig if anyone else had have an issue with the wonder card pokemon, as they dont seem to be tradable or battle spot able, i tried for bualbasaur and groudon, and non worked.

Years
  • Unfortunately I can't think of what the problem is then. =( If its the same game and the same 3DS, it should work. You didn't change your Nintendo Network ID, right?
    And possibly dumb question: Do you have the Pokedex on your new file?

Most people get their shinies via 3 methods: Chain Fishing, PokeRadar, and the Masuda Method.

Basically, chain fishing is where you have a Pokemon with Suction Cups for an ability in the lead slotin your party and go fishing. You hope that the same Pokemon keeps getting fished up in order for a "chain" to start, which increases your chances of getting a shiny version of that Pokemon.

The PokeRadar is a device you get in the post-game from a guy in Sycamore's lab. Once you have it, go find a nice patch of grass and use it. Certain patches of grass with rustle or sparkle or something. Like chain fishing, you hope you keep encountering the same Pokemon in order to increase your chances of finding a shiny one.

The Masuda Method is where you breed 2 Pokemon that are not from the same country (for example, breeding an American Talonflame with a French Ditto). The game is coded so that breeding Pokemon from 2 different countries has a higher chance of being shiny.

Shiny Charm also helps, but you have to catch all 718 Pokemon in order to get it.

That's basically what people do, though someone else can probably explain it a bit better.

i have got the pokedex and i havent changed anything so idk :(

Years
  • Have 'Bank, have 'Transfer.. just have yet to use them.

Questions
    - How much time does one session of Transfer/Bank take?
    - Are there time saving tips I could mimic?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Have 'Bank, have 'Transfer.. just have yet to use them.

Questions

1- a matter of seconds for the actual transferring process. maybe a minute or two from beginning to end. You open Poke Transfer, the app loads, it logs in, it shows you the pokemon in the first box in black or white 1 or 2, you choose the option to send them to pokebank, the game saves, process done. Then you open Pokebank, move the pokemon from the transfer box to pokebank or to your game. Save and you're done.

2- I have no idea what you're asking in the second point, sorry

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Have 'Bank, have 'Transfer.. just have yet to use them.

Questions

Make sure to put all the Pokemon you want to transport in the first box in B/W or B2/W2. You can transport from that box only, and also, I think the entire box will be transported, so don't put any Pokemon you want to keep in gen 5 in there.

Also, you can't transport Black Kyurem or White Kyurem, so if wanted to transport Kyurem, you'll have to revert him to his regular form.

Years
  • Make sure to put all the Pokemon you want to transport in the first box in B/W or B2/W2. You can transport from that box only, and also, I think the entire box will be transported, so don't put any Pokemon you want to keep in gen 5 in there.

Also, you can't transport Black Kyurem or White Kyurem, so if wanted to transport Kyurem, you'll have to revert him to his regular form.

It only takes from BOX 1 ???
    Good grief

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    It only takes from BOX 1 ???
    Good grief

for poketransfer, yes. (keep in mind that's 30 pokemon at a time) whereas once you're in Pokebank, you can switch between all 100 boxes in bank and all 30 boxes in X or Y with the press of the L or R buttons and then save everything all at once. If you think the 30 at a time thing is bad, you definitely never used the Pal Park system in Gen 4 where pokemon could be transferred from gen 3 games to gen 4 games, but you were limited to SIX pokemon transfers PER DAY! or you could transfer from gen 4 to gen 5 if you have access to two DS systems, so this system is infinitely better than the previous two gen's methods

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2016
    Help

Hey guys im new here i dont know how any of this works and if this doesnt belong in this category just let me know. Anyway, i have a team in pokemon emerald that i have been transporting through each generation in preparation for the release of OR/AS and i was going to transfer them from Black 2 to Y, but my pokemon bank pass expired. if anyone has a pass, can i trade that team to your B/W/B2/W2 game so you can transfer them to a gen 6 game and then trade them back? sorry if this doesnt make sense... i just need the team in kalos.

Years
  • Can pokemon in the daycare gain experience if an egg is waiting to be picked up?

Yes, when a Pokemon is left in the Day Care it'll gain EXP with every step you take whether it's walking, running or using the bicycle. When a Pokemon gains a level, it'll add to the cost for when you withdraw them from the Day Care.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yes, when a Pokemon is left in the Day Care it'll gain EXP with every step you take whether it's walking, running or using the bicycle. When a Pokemon gains a level, it'll add to the cost for when you withdraw them from the Day Care.

In addition to this, keep in mind that when you level up, you will still learn moves at their correct levels. It will be place at the bottom of your list of moves and you will forget the first move in your pokemon list of moves, so just remember that particularly if you are at a low level where you can still learn moves.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back