• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Just a quick rather odd question. Going through the GTS to get all the legendaries on my dex i got both Dialga at Level 17 caught in a masterball and a Giratina level 1 caught in a pokeball.
Are these legit? Because i can't stand hacked or cloned pokemon.

Sorry for this extra post screen crashed reloaded to a double post.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Just a quick rather odd question. Going through the GTS to get all the legendaries on my dex i got both Dialga at Level 17 caught in a masterball and a Giratina level 1 caught in a pokeball.
Are these legit? Because i can't stand hacked or cloned pokemon.

The level 1 Giratina may be legit. These came from the Arceus events in HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I've never heard of those events thats what i get for skipping those remakes :/ so the Dialga is a no go then

Actually, the event Arceus triggered all three, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, to appear at Sinjoh Ruins at level 1: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_in-game_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_in_Generation_IV#Creation_trio_2. So check if the location where your Dialga and Giratina were caught. The Dialga could have been trained or Rare Candied to reach lv 17.

Years
Just a quick question, I just got pokebank and noticed when I clicked on the summary of one of my pokemon and some of the names of the stats were either red or blue, could someone please tell me what that means?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Just a quick question, I just got pokebank and noticed when I clicked on the summary of one of my pokemon and some of the names of the stats were either red or blue, could someone please tell me what that means?

The stat in red is boosted by 10%, while the stat in blue is lowered by 10%. Which stat is boosted and which is lowered is determined by the Pokemon's nature, which is randomly generated when you catch the Pokemon. Here's the list of natures: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature#List_of_Natures.

Oh and you can see that stats in red/blue also in the summary screen in-game, not just in Poke Bank.

Years
The stat in red is boosted by 10%, while the stat in blue is lowered by 10%. Which stat is boosted and which is lowered is determined by the Pokemon's nature, which is randomly generated when you catch the Pokemon. Here's the list of natures: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature#List_of_Natures.

Oh and you can see that stats in red/blue also in the summary screen in-game, not just in Poke Bank.

Oh ok, I must have just never noticed in game. Thanks heaps :-)

Zeuros

Memento Mori
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2014
Starting Competitive battling

Hey guys, new to these forums and Pokemon in general as my last played Pokemon game before x/y was blue/yellow. This game seems to have rekindled my Pokemon spirit so to speak and I am pouring so many hours into it because it's too damn fun!

Anyway I want to start building a good competitive Pokemon team that will do well online and in game. So far I've just been blasting through the story using Pokemon I feel are decent without paying too much attention to stats and proper complimentary of other Pokemon types within a team.

SO far my team is

Greninja
Charizard (Y)
Ampharos
Lucario
Tyrunt
Farfetchd' (Might swap for Gogoat?)

Whenever I look at other Pokemon teams they seem so different which makes me believe my team is poorly constructed.

What are some major flaws and weaknesses I need to work on and what Pokemon should I sub out.

I'd appreciate any advice because I want to become more serious, the passion in me is too much hah.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
As much as it hurts my very soul to say this, Farfetch'd is dead weight on any competitive team. It has the same stat potential as most basic-stage Starter Pokemon, using Fearow or Pidgeot would be a vast improvement over the poor duck.

I'd offer advice but I'm very likely to be steamrolled over the more Smogon-orientated users that make up this community, so the only advice I'll offer is replace Farfetch'd with Gale Wings Talonflame if you need a Flying type.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Your team is decent, but if you are going competative, you will be up against pokemon with extreme stats from breeding, Hidden Abilities, and Natures. Most of your pokemon are fine for competative use, but like Dr. Silver said,
"As much as it hurts my very soul to say this, Farfetch'd is dead weight on any competitive team. It has the same stat potential as most basic-stage Starter Pokemon, using Fearow or Pidgeot would be a vast improvement over the poor duck."

Don't get me wrong, if you like Farfetch'd then use it. But I would research on proper builds before going into competative. These guys online (especially the japanese/korean players) will eat any unprepared trainers alive. Farfetch'd can play competatively, but with the assistance of other Pokemon.

As always, have fun and play hard. I always welcome a new challenger online.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
So you mean that once the Day-Care Man turns around, the egg has everything determined?

Actually, it's determined before you even give the daycare the parents. There's online videos explaining this, but basically, put two parents into daycare with the Destiny Knot, run around till you get the egg, hatch it, check it's IV spread, reset the game, put two different parents with a destiny knot and their offspring with have the identical IV spread that the previous parents did. This method (saving and changing the parents) is the fastest way to get 5IV pokemon because you know what the offspring will have, (such as Hp, Def and SpDef from the father, and Att and Speed from the mother, for example) so you can check what pokemon you have that have those particular stats at 31, swap them out and the new offspring will have the stats you want because since you saved, you already know what IV spread ANY offspring from ANY parent will have. (note: every time you take or reject an egg, the NEXT offspring will be random, but if you save as soon as you accept or reject the egg, you will know what the current offspring will be after the save point)

Years
I didnt collect Tm12 (taunt) in Lysandre Labs and now the grunt is gone, what can I do?

Is it the Grunt in the westernmost room on the first floor? I just went there on Y (which I've completed the Looker sidequest on) and met the Grunt who gave out Taunt.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I had a Lucario that knew Blaze Kick. I left it in the daycare and circled around the Prism Tower so it would gain level while I was sleeping. When I went to the Move Relearner, the move Blaze Kick was not on the list available for Lucario to remember.

The same goes for my Sylveon that new Baton Pass. When I went to the Move Relearner, Baton Pass wasn't there. =/

Why is that?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Help! Is this shiny Giratina I got on GTS hacked?

I just got a level 100 shiny Giratina on the GTS. It has 6 perfect ivs. Its description says "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh Region." Nature: Lonely. Characteristic: Alert to sounds. Moves: Energy ball, Aura sphere, Shadoow force, and will-o-wisp. Ability: pressure. Its stats: Hp: 504, Attack: 259, Defense: 277, Sp. Atk: 236, Sp, def: 308 and speed: 216. It was holding no items and it was caught in a pokeball. Does it seemed hacked? Will it ruin my game if it is a hack?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
I had a Lucario that knew Blaze Kick. I left it in the daycare and circled around the Prism Tower so it would gain level while I was sleeping. When I went to the Move Relearner, the move Blaze Kick was not on the list available for Lucario to remember.

The same goes for my Sylveon that new Baton Pass. When I went to the Move Relearner, Baton Pass wasn't there. =/

Why is that?

I'm not sure why Lucario can't re-learn Blaze Kick; Pokemon can re-learn forgotten egg moves in X/Y. Unless it got Blaze Kick via breeding last gen....

As for Sylveon, it can't re-learn Baton Pass because Baton Pass is absent from Sylveon's level-up and egg move pool, so it won't appear as a re-learnable move for it. Only Eevee gets BP via level up.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'm not sure why Lucario can't re-learn Blaze Kick; Pokemon can re-learn forgotten egg moves in X/Y. Unless it got Blaze Kick via breeding last gen....

That's how it works? o.0
Darn... I should have known that...

Oh well... Thanks for letting me know!
At least that question won't be haunting me forever. xD

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
Dont know if hacked. It looks to me as if it was but I'm not sure though. Highly doubt it will mess up your game. Ever since pkmn silver I've hacked pokes. Never gave me probs. Then stoped after SS, since i want everything legit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back