• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
I just got a level 100 shiny Giratina on the GTS. It has 6 perfect ivs. Its description says "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh Region." Nature: Lonely. Characteristic: Alert to sounds. Moves: Energy ball, Aura sphere, Shadoow force, and will-o-wisp. Ability: pressure. Its stats: Hp: 504, Attack: 259, Defense: 277, Sp. Atk: 236, Sp, def: 308 and speed: 216. It was holding no items and it was caught in a pokeball. Does it seemed hacked? Will it ruin my game if it is a hack?

I've moved your question into the Quick Q&A section, since it fits better in there.

It's possible that your Giratina is legit, just highly improbable. It is possible for someone to soft reset for a shiny, 6IV Giratina in Gen 4, but the odds of one appearing are so incredibly low; I doubt anyone would have the patience to SR that much, and then give away that Pokemon.

But you don't have to worry about it ruining your game; I've never had problems with the pokes I've hacked, nor have I heard stories from other people of a hacked Pokemon killing their game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
avalanche makes no sense

Earthquake is a physical move that will no activate from abilities like static or items like rocky helmet. So why is it that avalanche, which is the same exact thing just an ice type, can activate these? Really annoying and I hope to see fixed next gen

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
There's a 3rd classification for moves: contact moves. It's not like Phys/Special, it's just...there. It means that the move actually touches the foe, e.g. a Poison Jab is classified as contact, while Gunk Shot isn't - both are Physical Poison type moves. Earthquake does not make contact, while Avalanche does. It's not an error, just a rather quiet condition.

Years
can more than one mega stone be found in that hour? are they finite?

You can find only one of each Mega Stone in-game, but you can collect as many as you can within the hour until all of them have been collected. They are indicated as sparkles in the overworld.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Will there be any consequences to allowing my friend to use my Pokebank/Poketransfer? For instance, will his Pokemon XY be linked to my account/3DS?

Should I transfer them over to my Pokemon XY instead? Or will this have any negative consequences...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Example, your 3DS is connected to your home's wifi. If you block your 3DS from wifi, will you still be able to see that blue Internet bar on your 3DS?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 25, 2014
Someone explain this.

Someone please explain this... Okay, so I encountered a wild Eevee, and I threw 10 Ultra Balls, and 5 Luxury balls before trying a regular Pokeball, and first try, with it having full health, caught it. It kicked out of the ultra balls first twitch, too. Someone explain this.

Canen

Sometimes, I like to party.
Years
Someone please explain this... Okay, so I encountered a wild Eevee, and I threw 10 Ultra Balls, and 5 Luxury balls before trying a regular Pokeball, and first try, with it having full health, caught it. It kicked out of the ultra balls first twitch, too. Someone explain this.

I would put it down to pure luck (or lack of).

There are times where I have encountered Pokemon with ridiculously low catch rates (Ruby version Rayquaza, for example) and exhausted my 99 Ultra Ball quota before catching it in a Premier Ball.

Go figure.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Hi there, this probably gets asked a lot.
I see all these youtube videos of people battling one another etc etc.
My question is to get that quality video do i have to buy a Capture card?
Is there other way to get my battles on X and Y on youtube?
I really want to start a Battle Channel, but it just doesn't seem worth it as i hear capture cards can really mess up your 3ds.

So what are the ways i can get my battles on youtube.
And please dont say use a camera or something.
That response is just ... bleh >.<!

Thanks for any help ! (sorry if this is in the wrong section)

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Hi there, this probably gets asked a lot.
I see all these youtube videos of people battling one another etc etc.
My question is to get that quality video do i have to buy a Capture card?
Is there other way to get my battles on X and Y on youtube?
I really want to start a Battle Channel, but it just doesn't seem worth it as i hear capture cards can really mess up your 3ds.

So what are the ways i can get my battles on youtube.
And please dont say use a camera or something.
That response is just ... bleh >.<!

Thanks for any help ! (sorry if this is in the wrong section)

Capture card only.By ''capture cards can really mess up your 3ds'' they meant that if it comes uninstalled you might end up breaking your 3ds trying to install it.
You could sell your 3ds and buy a new one with a capture card preinstalled or watch a few youtube guides on how to install a capture card.

Jaysfinest1

The Original
Years
double battles?

how does this happen? when i say double battles i mean a 2 v 2 (2 real people vs another 2 real people) can this be done through friends only or through "Gts?" thanks.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
how does this happen? when i say double battles i mean a 2 v 2 (2 real people vs another 2 real people) can this be done through friends only or through "Gts?" thanks.
You have to do a Multi Battle via the PSS in order to a 2 person vs 2 person battle. I'm not sure if you have to select your partner yourself or if the game will randomly pull someone from your Aquaintances list and/or Friend List. The GTS is for trading.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
For those who have done or still doing the Masuda Method to get shinies. I've heard that the random numbers are changed each time you open the game, where in those numbers is the number of times you need to encounter/hatch 'mons to get shinies.

My question is, until you can hatch a shiny, do you turn off your game or do you just put your 3DS in sleep mode if you're going to take a rest? =/

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Can Vivillon's form be passed down by breeding like Gastrodon and Florges or will it always be the same form you'd normally get based on your location? I'm assuming the answer is no but I just want to know for sure.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Can Vivillon's form be passed down by breeding like Gastrodon and Florges or will it always be the same form you'd normally get based on your location? I'm assuming the answer is no but I just want to know for sure.
Unfortunately, you can't breed for Vivillons patterns. The Scatterbugs that are bred will always evolve into your region's Vivillon pattern.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
Help Please!!!!

Okay guys I got a pre owned version of pokemon y. I need someone to keep all the pokemon so I can create a new save file. There are shinys and legendaries and i really don't want to delete them . Please respond and give me your info so we can communicate. I will even let you take one.
There are freakin pokemon with pokerus for gods sake, and a shiny charm. Please!!!!!!!
All you have to do is keep them in your pc and be loyal.

P.S.

My parents won't get pokemon bank.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Okay guys I got a pre owned version of pokemon y. I need someone to keep all the pokemon so I can create a new save file. There are shinys and legendaries and i really don't want to delete them . Please respond and give me your info so we can communicate. I will even let you take one.
There are freakin pokemon with pokerus for gods sake, and a shiny charm. Please!!!!!!!
All you have to do is keep them in your pc and be loyal.

P.S.

My parents won't get pokemon bank.

Welcome to PC, dear! Unfortunately, you cannot make this kind of requests here; here, you're only allowed to ask questions and submit answers. If you'd like to do this sort of stuff, I'd recommend visiting here and creating a thread. Good luck, and make sure to read all guidelines before you proceed!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
So I'm just getting into the competitive game this gen and I've come across an issue while breeding. I'm trying to breed a slowpoke with perfect HP, Sp. Atk, Def, and Sp. Def. I tried breeding with a ditto in the hopes of getting its modest nature on the slowpoke offspring. Nothing. The daycare guy says that they don't get along and play with others. I tried my Wortortle and still they don't get along. What's happening? How can i fix this issue?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
So I'm just getting into the competitive game this gen and I've come across an issue while breeding. I'm trying to breed a slowpoke with perfect HP, Sp. Atk, Def, and Sp. Def. I tried breeding with a ditto in the hopes of getting its modest nature on the slowpoke offspring. Nothing. The daycare guy says that they don't get along and play with others. I tried my Wortortle and still they don't get along. What's happening? How can i fix this issue?
It's a lot easier to breed Pokemon if they don't have the same OT, for whatever reason. Now, if the daycare man says that they "don't like each other very much", they will still breed, but it'll take longer to produce an egg. The only time they won't breed is if he says "they prefer to play with other Pokemon than each other".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back