• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    can you use mega stones from pokemon y in pokemon x and vise verse
    All Mega Stones can be used in either version of the game. If you are asking about stones like Charizardite X and Charizardite Y, then they are two seperate Mega Stones usable in either game, but you can only obtain the one corrosponding to your version in-game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    ty greenflame that's what i was hoping before getting ether pokemone x and y game. glade to see that i can get Charizardite Y traded to pokemon x version and it will work

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    can you use mega stones from pokemon y in pokemon x and vise verse
    Just wanted to tell you that I moved your thread into the X/Y Q&A thread (the one you're in right now). If you have any more X/Y related questions, please ask them in here.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Wait, are you supposed to leave a Competition after it's ended? I still haven't left and I haven't received my reward yet. Do you need to leave it manually once it's over?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If I have a Dodrio with Tangled Feet and give it Thrash, when it gets confused will Tangled Feet kick in or will that ability ONLY kick in when the enemy confuses me? (I am hoping someone who knows for sure can reply, because I already googled it and all I have found were message boards with replies of "Why would you run Dodrio?" which doesn't help at all)

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    If I have a Dodrio with Tangled Feet and give it Thrash, when it gets confused will Tangled Feet kick in or will that ability ONLY kick in when the enemy confuses me? (I am hoping someone who knows for sure can reply, because I already googled it and all I have found were message boards with replies of "Why would you run Dodrio?" which doesn't help at all)
    I would almost certainly say yes. It says that it raises evasion by 20%, so I think it's probably safe to say that it is confusion by any means.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Yup, it should work. Source: LINK. Do a Ctrl+F for Thrash to find the relevant comments.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks Greenflame and MIAU I appreciate the replies! Okay, so this might be a dumb question, but if I used Double Team 3 times (thus boosting my evasion 6 levels) and I ended up getting confused, would Tangled Feet boost my evasion again, or does the Tangle Feet evasion only count as one of the normal levels of evasion boosting? (of which, 6 levels would be the max) I just want to make the most out of that ability, especially since Early Bird doesn't seem nearly as useful for something as frail as Dodrio.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Thanks Greenflame and MIAU I appreciate the replies! Okay, so this might be a dumb question, but if I used Double Team 3 times (thus boosting my evasion 6 levels) and I ended up getting confused, would Tangled Feet boost my evasion again, or does the Tangle Feet evasion only count as one of the normal levels of evasion boosting? (of which, 6 levels would be the max) I just want to make the most out of that ability, especially since Early Bird doesn't seem nearly as useful for something as frail as Dodrio.
    I think the evasion boost from Tangled Feet is seperate from stat changing moves like Double Team. So, if you use Double Team three times it puts your Dodrio's chance of being hit down to 33% and so with Tangled Feet it goes even lower than that, though not sure exactly how low.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Actually, Double Team boosts evasion by one stage, not two, so you'd be able to use it for a total of six times. On to the actual question, I really don't know if the evasion boost from Tangled Feet is applied if you've reached the +6 stages cap.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I think the evasion boost from Tangled Feet is seperate from stat changing moves like Double Team. So, if you use Double Team three times it puts your Dodrio's chance of being hit down to 33% and so with Tangled Feet it goes even lower than that, though not sure exactly how low.

Actually, Double Team boosts evasion by one stage, not two, so you'd be able to use it for a total of six times. On to the actual question, I really don't know if the evasion boost from Tangled Feet is applied if you've reached the +6 stages cap.

Ooops, sorry about my mistake, not sure how I got that confused. Anyway, thanks for the input, I guess I'll just have to wait until I find something that can confuse me to find out! :D

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Ooops, sorry about my mistake, not sure how I got that confused. Anyway, thanks for the input, I guess I'll just have to wait until I find something that can confuse me to find out! :D

You can go into a double battle and use Swagger on your own Dodrio.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • If you've used Double Team six times with Dodrio, and then the opponent uses a confusing move on you, it won't raise your evasion anymore. +6 is the limit for boosting moves, it can't be exceeded. It'll just confuse you and not boost your evasion anymore.

((i think this was the question anyway lol))

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If you've used Double Team six times with Dodrio, and then the opponent uses a confusing move on you, it won't raise your evasion anymore. +6 is the limit for boosting moves, it can't be exceeded. It'll just confuse you and not boost your evasion anymore.

((i think this was the question anyway lol))

Ah great, okay thank you very much for confirming! That's too bad, I was hoping to have been able to make more use of that ability.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I am breeding a Pancham with Mold Breaker, however I don't know if the moves it knows will be worthwhile. Can anyone confirm whether that is a worthwhile option?

It will have the moves Poison Jab, Payback, PArting Shot and HAmmer Arm, but going by the descriptions of various abiltiies that Mold Breaker affects, it sounds like ONLY Parting Shot will get any benefit (such as against enemies with Clear Body or White Smoke) but are there any abilities that mold breaker will get any benefits against with my other moves? I was also thinking about Iron Fist, but the only move that benefits from that is Hammer Arm. (there are others, but I think they're all fighting moves) so will these moves gain any benefit against certain abilities from Mold Breaker or no?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I am breeding a Pancham with Mold Breaker, however I don't know if the moves it knows will be worthwhile. Can anyone confirm whether that is a worthwhile option?

It will have the moves Poison Jab, Payback, PArting Shot and HAmmer Arm, but going by the descriptions of various abiltiies that Mold Breaker affects, it sounds like ONLY Parting Shot will get any benefit (such as against enemies with Clear Body or White Smoke) but are there any abilities that mold breaker will get any benefits against with my other moves? I was also thinking about Iron Fist, but the only move that benefits from that is Hammer Arm. (there are others, but I think they're all fighting moves) so will these moves gain any benefit against certain abilities from Mold Breaker or no?

Mold Breaker also lets Pangoro hit Levitators with Earthquake. While Earthquake is redundant with Pangoro's Fighting STAB, it does let it hit stuff like Weezing and the Nidos. Sky Uppercut is another move that benefits from Iron Fist if you want a move that doesn't lower your Speed per use.

Pangoro sets if you're interested:
    -Storm Throw (egg move)
    -Crunch
    -Poison Jab/Earthquake
    -Parting Shot
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Ability: Mold Breaker

or
    -Hammer Arm/Sky Uppercut
    -Crunch
    -Poison Jab
    -Parting Shot
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 180 HP/252 Atk/76 Spe
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Iron Fist

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Mold Breaker also lets Pangoro hit Levitators with Earthquake. While Earthquake is redundant with Pangoro's Fighting STAB, it does let it hit stuff like Weezing and the Nidos. Sky Uppercut is another move that benefits from Iron Fist if you want a move that doesn't lower your Speed per use.

Pangoro sets if you're interested:
    -Storm Throw (egg move)
    -Crunch
    -Poison Jab/Earthquake
    -Parting Shot
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf
    Ability: Mold Breaker

or
    -Hammer Arm/Sky Uppercut
    -Crunch
    -Poison Jab
    -Parting Shot
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 180 HP/252 Atk/76 Spe
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Iron Fist

so would Earthquake be the only move that benefits from Mold Breaker? (Well, Earthquake and PArting Shot, I guess) and I actually do want a move that lowers my speed so I am sure to get PayBack at full strength all the time (so a 100 Base Power)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • so would Earthquake be the only move that benefits from Mold Breaker? (Well, Earthquake and PArting Shot, I guess) and I actually do want a move that lowers my speed so I am sure to get PayBack at full strength all the time (so a 100 Base Power)

Pretty much.

And given Pangoro's so-so defenses, it doesn't really take powerful hits too well, making Payback an unreliable STAB to fall back on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Pretty much.

And given Pangoro's so-so defenses, it doesn't really take powerful hits too well, making Payback an unreliable STAB to fall back on.

True, but with a base speed of 58, even with a Jolly nature and 252 EVs in speed it's still going to get outsped by anything worthwhile anyway

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back