• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • True, but with a base speed of 58, even with a Jolly nature and 252 EVs in speed it's still going to get outsped by anything worthwhile anyway

Pangoro's Speed is at least enough to outrun walls with investment.

The second set outruns Lanturn and those slower. The first set has Choice Scarf and Jolly as an option to outrun up to base 110s. 95/78/71 defenses isn't bad, but isn't good either, and by the time Pangoro gets to fire off a Payback after a decently powered hit, it would be left relatively weak to do anything else. Crunch is still the reliable Dark STAB. If Pangoro somehow goes first, Payback is weak. Deliberately lowering your Speed with Hammer Arm has a tendency to leave you prone to revenge kills, which is why Pangoro generally switches out after Hammer Arm.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Pangoro's Speed is at least enough to outrun walls with investment.

The second set outruns Lanturn and those slower. The first set has Choice Scarf and Jolly as an option to outrun up to base 110s. 95/78/71 defenses isn't bad, but isn't good either, and by the time Pangoro gets to fire off a Payback after a decently powered hit, it would be left relatively weak to do anything else. Crunch is still the reliable Dark STAB. If Pangoro somehow goes first, Payback is weak. Deliberately lowering your Speed with Hammer Arm has a tendency to leave you prone to revenge kills, which is why Pangoro generally switches out after Hammer Arm.

regardless, it's still getting the previously mentioned move set, as the whole point of my question was whether or not Mold Breaker gave any of the moves benefit, and it sounds like it only gives Parting Shot and Earthquake any benefit (so I don't understand WHY that ability was listed as a "must have" on Pangoro if it only affects two moves) so Iron Fist actually seems like the more logical choice (even though it too only affects Hammer Arm, Comet Punch, SKy Uppercut, and Power Up Punch (three of them being fighting type moves and the other being garbage) and since it is dark type and gets dark type moves, Scrappy is just pointless so basically NONE of it's abilities seem to be very useful on it to be honest.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • regardless, it's still getting the previously mentioned move set, as the whole point of my question was whether or not Mold Breaker gave any of the moves benefit, and it sounds like it only gives Parting Shot and Earthquake any benefit (so I don't understand WHY that ability was listed as a "must have" on Pangoro if it only affects two moves) so Iron Fist actually seems like the more logical choice (even though it too only affects Hammer Arm, Comet Punch, SKy Uppercut, and Power Up Punch (three of them being fighting type moves and the other being garbage) and since it is dark type and gets dark type moves, Scrappy is just pointless so basically NONE of it's abilities seem to be very useful on it to be honest.

Scrappy lets Pangoro get a guaranteed hit on Ghost switch-ins. If a Ghost switches in anticipating a Choice-locked Iron Fist/Mold Breaker Pangoro, they'll be in for a surprise if they switch into a Scrappy Pangoro instead. While Spiritomb can normally tank a Crunch from Pangoro, it won't like being hit super effectively by Hammer Arm. The main use for Mold Breaker is to hit Levitators with Earthquake, especially those weak to Ground under normal circumstances, like Haunter, Rotom and Weezing.

Oh and Mold Breaker also lets Parting Shot bypass Soundproof, since the move is sound-based.

Years
  • Error Code 002-0120, Help Please

It says I need to update my Pokemon Y, but I can't, as I already did, and it won't let me do it again. Until I fix this, it won't let me use any online features. My friend is playing online just fine, so it must be just me. Please help!

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
    Years
  • It says I need to update my Pokemon Y, but I can't, as I already did, and it won't let me do it again. Until I fix this, it won't let me use any online features. My friend is playing online just fine, so it must be just me. Please help!

I'm no expert with error codes, but maybe try uninstalling the update then reinstalling it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    It says I need to update my Pokemon Y, but I can't, as I already did, and it won't let me do it again. Until I fix this, it won't let me use any online features. My friend is playing online just fine, so it must be just me. Please help!
    Are you on a digital version of Pokémon Y or on the game cartridge? Go to the main menu (where you can select Continue Game etc.) and look at the bottom right corner of the Tocuh screen. What version does it say?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

How did you update? Because you can't update from in game, you can only update from the eShop.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • how do i get a noibat with switcheroo?

You breed a female Noibat with a male Archen that has Switcheroo. But this requires chain breeding. Here's the chain:

Inkay/Malamar > Corphish > Archen > Noibat.

Steps:
    -breed a male Inkay/Malamar with Switcheroo with a female Corphish until a male offspring hatches.
    -breed that Corphish with a female Archen until a male offspring hatches
    -breed that Archen with a female Noibat

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    If a Pokémon with an Egg Move forgets that Egg Move, can it be re-learned with a Heart Scale or is it lost forever from that Pokémon?

Years
  • If a Pokémon with an Egg Move forgets that Egg Move, can it be re-learned with a Heart Scale or is it lost forever from that Pokémon?

If I recall, in 6th Gen if a Pokemon forgets an egg move it can relearn it through the Move Relearner by giving her a Heart Scale. The move was "lost forever" in previous generations, but in 6th Gen they can now be relearned.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Are nicknames supposed to show up in online battles (Random Matchup)? It's not working for my nicknamed Pokés.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Nope, as far as I know, nicknames don't show up in battle spot.
    Awwwwww. I thought I've seen them used before by other people though, but I guess not then. What's the point of nicknaming them if other people can't see it? :(
    Anyway, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Can anyone tell me what priority egg moves are passed down to the offspring? I got a Skitty in wonder trade that was level 1 and born with Wish, Sucker Punch, Double Edge and Zen Headbutt and I bred it with a Smeargle that knew Cosmic Power and Baton Pass but the offspring was born knowing Cosmic Power, Wish, Sucker Punch and Zen Headbutt. Obviously since I know what moves it will be born with I can simply unlearn those specific moves so both Cosmic Power and Baton PAss are learned, but for future reference, how do I know which egg moves are going to be passed down and which ones aren't? Thanks!

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Can anyone tell me what priority egg moves are passed down to the offspring? I got a Skitty in wonder trade that was level 1 and born with Wish, Sucker Punch, Double Edge and Zen Headbutt and I bred it with a Smeargle that knew Cosmic Power and Baton Pass but the offspring was born knowing Cosmic Power, Wish, Sucker Punch and Zen Headbutt. Obviously since I know what moves it will be born with I can simply unlearn those specific moves so both Cosmic Power and Baton PAss are learned, but for future reference, how do I know which egg moves are going to be passed down and which ones aren't? Thanks!
    Moves are inherited first from the father then the mother, from top-to-bottom. Such that if there are more than 4 egg moves, the mother's will override the father's, and likewise, moves on the bottom will override moves on the top. So the moves were inherited in this order:

1. Baton Pass
    2. Cosmic Power
    3. Wish
    4. Sucker Punch
    5. Zen Headbutt

Which caused Baton Pass to be dropped. Rather than delete Cosmic Power, you should be able to just move Baton Pass to the bottom of Smeargle's moveset and it will become among the bottom 4 moves. (Because daycare deletes moves on top before moves on the bottom for when pokemon level-up in there, this is pretty convenient.)

Here's another, more complicated example for when the parents have the same moves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks Shrew, that helps immensely. I did end up obviously having to get rid of Wish, but it's good to know how it works. Thanks!

Next question, and I don't need a lot of posts telling me that Ledian sucks, I have eyes ( lol! ;-) ) HOWEVER I just got a Ledyba in Wonder Trade with the ability Rattled (and I looked up that it becomes the ability Iron Fist on evolution) and it was born with Focus Punch, Drain Punch, Dizzy Punch and Bug Buzz so I am wondering if anyone can suggest a way to make Iron Fist Ledian good, because I am currently breeding for Vespiquen but Ledyba will be next so since I was given both it's hidden ability and some impressive (on other pokemon anyway!) moves, I just want some opinions on how I could make it worthwhile. Thanks

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2014
    Legal rare balls

does anyone know of a place that the possible LEGAL rare ball locations are located? It seems like everyone is either after rare ball or shiny pokemon right now, and it seems like a lot that are floating around are hacked. For instance I have a Chickorita caught in a nest ball, that came off of Wonder trade. I would like to start breeding rare ball pokemon without the fear I'm breeding a hacked poke.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back