• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    I wrote your FCs down, whenever I turn my 3DS on I'm adding you. Mine is 1177-8133-5398, I have Ghost safari with shuppet, phantump and idk the 3rd although I've beaten the game.

Yeah, I'll remember your hints Raven, some peepz may deem cloning wrong... but a Shiny Zekrom is just... I can't narrow down the things I WOULDN'T do for one :c I guess I'm starting to get a bit addicted to Pokémon and this is scary. I have to go for a while, ya'll take care and thanks for all the help today.

I have no issue with cloning, only thing i personally dont like are people who create hacked pokemon.

Since I love to battle, it's just cheap on the opponent's part if they are running a team of All Perfect 6IV'd Uber Legendaries.. there's no way anyone can beat them unless they too have hacked pokemon.

As for the Zekrom i use on my team now, it's anything but perfect.. Deplorable stats, only has 1 "fantastic" IV in Attack (in the 26-30 range), the rest the IV judge doesn't even comment on (so they are average/normal).

Only reason why zekrom is on my triple battle team and to prevent it from getting slaughtered with it's stats, is I have to sacrifice talonflame to set up tailwind, have xerneas run support/guard for it, and rather than have it hold a typical Choice Band/Scarf or Life Orb, instead I put a Quick Claw on it, so hopefully it manages to get to move first and take out or heavily damage someone so Xerneas can sweep up or such on the same or next turn..

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    And if it's Shiny, it's 99.99% hacked as they were never available legitimately shiny with an exception of 2-3 from special events

Okay that's only been true the last couple years or so, because older legendaries WERE possible to get Shiny, I got a Shiny Jirachi from the Pokemon Colloseum bonus disc and apparently people were able to get Shiny Deoxys and latios/latias from the Hoenn games, so again, not EVERY legendary pokemon was given away by a store, there were lots that were generated in game or via other means so if they're old enough, the legendaries weren't shiny locked yet.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Okay that's only been true the last couple years or so, because older legendaries WERE possible to get Shiny, I got a Shiny Jirachi from the Pokemon Colloseum bonus disc and apparently people were able to get Shiny Deoxys and latios/latias from the Hoenn games, so again, not EVERY legendary pokemon was given away by a store, there were lots that were generated in game or via other means so if they're old enough, the legendaries weren't shiny locked yet.

Well if you want to go way back to pokemon platinum days and prior.. then no worries abotu those as most are trapped in that era.. unable to make their way to X&Y, then also very few in numbers too.. someone would need to own all the pokemon games, own all their respective devices, own all the transfer decides/software, chain trade them through out the generations/devices and magically get them to X&Y, not gonna happen.

Then if i am not mistaken.. after 3rd gen and the remakes of the 1st gen, those cannot be transfered to 4th gen? incompatible devices, no link system/etc.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Then if i am not mistaken.. after 3rd gen and the remakes of the 1st gen, those cannot be transfered to 4th gen? incompatible devices, no link system/etc.

3rd gen games can connect to 4th gen even today.
    4th gen then connect to 5th, and then 5th gen connect to 6th(X/Y)

Years
    Got 1 quick question

If I put an item on a Pokémon and I'm WiFi battling will it go away after being used
    For example: I put the balloon thing item on a Pokémon and it pops will I still have it?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Got 1 quick question

If I put an item on a Pokémon and I'm WiFi battling will it go away after being used
    For example: I put the balloon thing item on a Pokémon and it pops will I still have it?

Nope :) if it's an online battle, it is saved. you wont lose consumable items :D!

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    maybe it was 2nd to 3rd? i dont remember exactly, just remember it was one of them.

yep, no way for 2nd (and 1st) gen to trade to 3rd gen. :3
    which made me think that it's the main reason why GF remade the 1st gen (FireRed/LeafGreen) and the 2nd gen (HeartGold/SoulSilver), and is making me slightly doubtful they'll remake Hoenn because we can get our PKMN from there to X and Y...

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    which made me think that it's the main reason why GF remade the 1st gen (FireRed/LeafGreen) and the 2nd gen (HeartGold/SoulSilver), and is making me slightly doubtful they'll remake Hoenn because we can get our PKMN from there to X and Y...

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would think they would remake Hoenn. was a stupid rumor in the first place in my honest opinion...

it's obvious that the next games will be moving forward due to the countless references of other "neighboring regions" in x&y, also the fact that Kalos is shaped like the Real Life northern 1/2 of France, so a better and more logical rumor will be the next region will be shaped like "Southern France" and neighboring Kalos to the south.

Also the #1 reason why there won't be a remake is:
    There's the fact of the Traveler/Backpacker in the hotels who after 4 days of talking to him you'll notice how he talks about "his region" how it's not like any previous region we know and has Pokemon you can't find in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinoh (aka. new Pokemon), etc.
    Also at the end he gives you the "Strange Souvenir" which is a statue of a protector/legendary Pokemon that your trainer has never been seen before.

But if you want my personal Theory...
    Also explains why there's only 69 new Pokemon in X&Y.. the next game will be able to somehow Link to the new game..
    That one train station in X&Y in one of the towns that is for nothing (or the 2nd unused TVM train).. maybe your character will be able to board it and access the next region in the series..
    maybe if you board the train, the game will save and then ask you to: Please Insert Pokemon X2/Y2, then you take out the game cart and insert the next one. and when it loads, it will access your saved data from Pokemon X&Y and your trainer maybe could continue on with all their Items, Pokemon, etc.

Instead of a New Pokemon Adventure, in other words, instead it will be just an "Expansion" rather than an entirely new game. with new adventures, new story, new events, tougher battles. basically expanding the post game.
    So you can go back and forth between regions seamlessly, just with a quick save and swap of the game cartridge (or quicker if the game/expansion was downloaded).

If they did this, it would make things like Pokemon Transfer devices, Pokemon Bank, etc a thing of the past.. instead all you need is to own the games, and in a specific area in each game, the player could "cross over" access the same save data, etc..

Then if you want my full theory, the 2nd Unused TVM train will be the train to take you to a Southern France "Expansion" region, basically just have more pokemon, more post game activities/events, no new gyms/elite four, etc. instead will have a Championship/League/Conference in it's place that your trainer could take part in and battle really tough trainers with level 60-100 Pokemon and possibly legendaries.

Then for the Next new game/story in the series, It will be shaped like Germany, so the major city will be Berlin, etc.. then the 2nd train station in X&Y that does nothing, you will be able to Access GameLink or some sort of transfer system to essentially either transfer pokemon/items seamlessly between games at the least, if not also be able to transfer your whole trainer/save data over as well to start a new adventure.

Last edited:
    Years
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best way to Breed a Muchlax with 5 IV & a certain nature....

It is very annoying that the Snorlax has to hold a Full Incense since I can't use an Everstone & Destiny Knot and I can only use one or the other...

Either I get the nature I want or I guarantee 5 IVs passed... what is the best strategy for Breeding a Munchlax?!

BTW I want a Munchlax because I want my Snorlax with the ability Stockpile, which only Munchlax can learn before evolving!

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best way to Breed a Muchlax with 5 IV & a certain nature....

It is very annoying that the Snorlax has to hold a Full Incense since I can't use an Everstone & Destiny Knot and I can only use one or the other...

Either I get the nature I want or I guarantee 5 IVs passed... what is the best strategy for Breeding a Munchlax?!

BTW I want a Munchlax because I want my Snorlax with the ability Stockpile, which only Munchlax can learn before evolving!

Just breed a bunch of eggs and hope to get the nature/IVs you want in the offspring. unfortunately the luck incense adds a hurdle to quick breeding. So leave the nature up to chance and just breed away.. Passing the 5 IVs guaranteed is the better option. Then once you get a Munchlax with the IVs you want and the Nature you wanted.. make them the new breeder, replacing the snorlax for better IV passings even without a destiny knot so one can hold the everstone and luck incense..

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    does anyone know if the oval charm decreases the number of steps from 256 that you need to walk to have a chance to hatch an egg, or if it increases the chance that you will find an egg from 20, 50, 70% after you walk 256 steps?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    i dont think it decreases hatching time.. for that, just use O-Power Hatching Level 3 and flame body pokemon as head of party.

However, the Oval Charm does cause your breeding pokemon to produce eggs faster/increases the chance.. which can get annoying at times.. sometimes the chance is so quick to produce one that I have on a couple of occasions wanted to take the pokemon out of the daycare, so I grabbed the egg from the man outside, but Literally In few steps from the man to the woman inside, she greeted me with the message: my husband was looking for you... >.> as the pokemon had literally produced a new egg in that short of a distance (definitely not 256 steps) xD!

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
    I wrote your FCs down, whenever I turn my 3DS on I'm adding you. Mine is 1177-8133-5398, I have Ghost safari with shuppet, phantump and idk the 3rd although I've beaten the game.
    You have drifblim as the third.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    How do I get passerby's who are online? When I turn on, it introduces a bunch of people then throws a bunch of offline people in front of them. Why is this? Anyway to prevent it?

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
    One quick question here. Would you keep a tepig with superior potential and 31IV in attack and defense or a tepig with outstanding potential with 31IV in defense?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    How do I get passerby's who are online? When I turn on, it introduces a bunch of people then throws a bunch of offline people in front of them. Why is this? Anyway to prevent it?

I don't know why it does it and I don't think there's any way to change it. But you can scroll to the right (or down if you've clicked on the Passersby section) by swiping across the screen to find more online people.

One quick question here. Would you keep a tepig with superior potential and 31IV in attack and defense or a tepig with outstanding potential with 31IV in defense?

It depends how picky you are with IVs. If you don't mind having 29 or 30 IVs in some stats, then go for the outstanding one. If you are set on getting 31 in 5 or all 6 stats, then you should keep the superior one.

Last edited:

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
    I don't know why it does it and I don't think there's any way to change it. But you can scroll to the right (or down if you've clicked on the Passersby section) by swiping across the screen to find more online people.

It depends how picky you are with IVs. If you don't mind having 29 or 30 IVs in some stats, then go for the outstanding one. If you are set on getting 31 in 5 or all 6 stats, then you should keep the superior one.
    Thanks berlyda for prompt replies. :pink_love:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back