• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I got a Shiny Suicune from Wonder Trade, in exchange for a Mandibuzz. But when I show it to the Judge he says all stats are great or whatever. But then right afterwards he says all stats are bad.
    What does he mean? Are they bad, or good? it's weird.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I got a Shiny Suicune from Wonder Trade, in exchange for a Mandibuzz. But when I show it to the Judge he says all stats are great or whatever. But then right afterwards he says all stats are bad.
    What does he mean? Are they bad, or good? it's weird.

What are the exact words he's using?

Brentane

Lucario Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    Breeding a male Delphox (calling it Merlin lol) so I am wondering what is the best nature with it? Timid or Modest?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    So I'm trying to search for Cofagrigus on GTS, but it won't let me because it has the word "f.a.g." in it... lol. Of course I could search for Yamask instead, or put up my own Pokemon for trade, requesting Yamask, but this is still a gaping flaw in the system. If this had occurred with a non-evolving Pokemon, it would be entirely impossible to trade it. Does anyone know a way around it in general?

Breeding a male Delphox (calling it Merlin lol) so I am wondering what is the best nature with it? Timid or Modest?

Timid. It has fairly good Speed and you should make the most of that.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    So I'm trying to search for Cofagrigus on GTS, but it won't let me because it has the word "f.a.g." in it... lol.

um...
    Spoiler:

no problems here~

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    So I'm trying to search for Cofagrigus on GTS, but it won't let me because it has the word "f.a.g." in it... lol. Of course I could search for Yamask instead, or put up my own Pokemon for trade, requesting Yamask, but this is still a gaping flaw in the system. If this had occurred with a non-evolving Pokemon, it would be entirely impossible to trade it. Does anyone know a way around it in general?

Timid. It has fairly good Speed and you should make the most of that.

What do you mean it won't let you? I searched for it last night and found some listings. You sure you are spelling it properly?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    What do you mean it won't let you? I searched for it last night and found some listings. You sure you are spelling it properly?

It tells me "you can't enter that word" because of the censoring. Weird that other people don't get that.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    It tells me "you can't enter that word" because of the censoring. Weird that other people don't get that.

i have a theory.
    maybe the game won't let you search for it because it's not yet registered in your pokedex?
    once u evolve your yamask, it'll register cofagrigus in the pokedex, allowing you to search for it. =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    i have a theory.
    maybe the game won't let you search for it because it's not yet registered in your pokedex?
    once u evolve your yamask, it'll register cofagrigus in the pokedex, allowing you to search for it. =/

Well yeah, I could search for it if it was in my Pokedex, because then I wouldn't have to enter the word, I could just choose it from the list of "C" Pokemon. But the whole reason I'm searching for it is because I don't have it in my Pokedex.

EDIT: Just realised it's one of the few unobtainables you can see in-game... so I actually can search for it. How embarrassing. But still, this is a problem waiting to happen.

Years
    Questions on Pokemon Rotom

I am going to buy Pokemon X or Y in a month or two. My favorite Pokemon is Rotom. I have worked pretty hard to get the one Rotom that exists in Pokemon Black and White just to find out it can't learn the moveset I have made (Confuse Ray can't be taught and since it's a traded Pokemon, it doesn't have it) and it's name can't be changed.

I have watched playthrough videos of Pokemon X and Y online and I like the new berry gardening feature. On the wiki, I have seen where and how to get a Rotom in Pokemon X and Y and I have just a couple of questions to ask:

1. Would the wild Rotoms have the basic moveset (The moves they start out with at level 1)?

2. Would the wild Rotoms all have the same moveset?

3. If I have caught one Normal Rotom and want to catch a Appliance Rotom (Mow, Heat, Fan etc.) would the Repeat Ball work?

4. The moveset I want my Normal Rotom to have is Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray, Protect and Discharge. Are those good moves for a Rotom?

Please answer these questions if you can, thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I am going to buy Pokemon X or Y in a month or two. My favorite Pokemon is Rotom. I have worked pretty hard to get the one Rotom that exists in Pokemon Black and White just to find out it can't learn the moveset I have made (Confuse Ray can't be taught and since it's a traded Pokemon, it doesn't have it) and it's name can't be changed.

I have watched playthrough videos of Pokemon X and Y online and I like the new berry gardening feature. On the wiki, I have seen where and how to get a Rotom in Pokemon X and Y and I have just a couple of questions to ask:

1. Would the wild Rotoms have the basic moveset (The moves they start out with at level 1)?

2. Would the wild Rotoms all have the same moveset?

3. If I have caught one Normal Rotom and want to catch a Appliance Rotom (Mow, Heat, Fan etc.) would the Repeat Ball work?

4. The moveset I want my Normal Rotom to have is Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray, Protect and Discharge. Are those good moves for a Rotom?

Please answer these questions if you can, thanks!

That's weird that it can't be taught Confuse Ray, is there move relearners in Black and White the teach moves that the pokemon have forgotten? Because there should be (in Mistralton City) so you should just be able to go there and teach it Confuse Ray no problem.

1) I don't know because Serebii says where it can be found, but it doesn't say what level it is found at, but a message board says Level 15 so if that's true, it will have the moves Thundershock, Confuse Ray, Uproar, Double Team.

2) Yes, the wild Rotom (that is found extremely rarely inside a trash can on tuesdays only!) will all have the same move sets if found at the same level. However, tons of people (including me!) are breeding Rotoms and releasing them on Wonder Trade, so if you get one that way (which frankly is going to be far more likely!) it will ahve the moves Astonish, Thunderwave, Thundershock and Confuse Ray at level 1.

3) You don't catch the appliance Rotoms, you catch normal Rotoms and have them interact with appliances found in boxes in Prof. Sycamore's lab. You can have multiple Rotoms and select which one interacts with which appliance and get all 5.

4) Since your normal Rotom is ghost and electric types, you should have a ghost move on their too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2014
    i need some advice

Iam ganna make reds team from pokemon gold and silver but i gant get lapras i have charmander squirtle bulbasaur pikachu and snorlax normely he had a lapras but i have to subsastute. what should i use instead?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    That's weird that it can't be taught Confuse Ray, is there move relearners in Black and White the teach moves that the pokemon have forgotten? Because there should be (in Mistralton City) so you should just be able to go there and teach it Confuse Ray no problem.

1) I don't know because Serebii says where it can be found, but it doesn't say what level it is found at, but a message board says Level 15 so if that's true, it will have the moves Thundershock, Confuse Ray, Uproar, Double Team.

2) Yes, the wild Rotom (that is found extremely rarely inside a trash can on tuesdays only!) will all have the same move sets if found at the same level. However, tons of people (including me!) are breeding Rotoms and releasing them on Wonder Trade, so if you get one that way (which frankly is going to be far more likely!) it will ahve the moves Astonish, Thunderwave, Thundershock and Confuse Ray at level 1.

3) You don't catch the appliance Rotoms, you catch normal Rotoms and have them interact with appliances found in boxes in Prof. Sycamore's lab. You can have multiple Rotoms and select which one interacts with which appliance and get all 5.

4) Since your normal Rotom is ghost and electric types, you should have a ghost move on their too.

Correction: wild Rotom can be found in the Lost Hotel's trash cans at level 38 on Tuesdays. You can also catch the Rotom appliances in the wild, albeit rarely

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thank you, that's great - I have a few of these items and Pokemon.

It says on Bulbapedia you can get King's Rock at Lumiose City, Lysandre Cafe - would I have been given one during the main storyline? (if so, I may have accidentally sold it as it's not in my Bag)
    I guess I'll have to go hunting down wild Hawlucha and Poliwhirls... anyone know how often Hawluchas/Poliwhirls holding King's Rocks are encountered?

Also, do some levelling up with a Zigzagoon, Bunnelby or something else with Pick Up in your party, I got four or five King's Rocks fairly early on, but check sites like Serebii (which is down at the moment otherwise I would link it) becasue certain items can be found with the pokemon with pickup at certain levels, but not at others, while other items are extremely rare at low levels with a marginally higher chance of finding them as the level grows. It's a good idea to keep 2 or 3 pickup pokemon at the back of your party while you are fighting (either to level up or to EV train) because while you're doing that, they each get a small chance of picking up items.

Correction: wild Rotom can be found in the Lost Hotel's trash cans at level 38 on Tuesdays. You can also catch the Rotom appliances in the wild, albeit rarely

Bulbapedia doesn't say anything about catching them in the wild:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rotom
    nor does Serebii:
    https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/479.shtml
    or this YouTube video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXr492AYF7c
    are you sure the appliances can be caught in the wild?

Last edited:
    Years
    Thank you, that's great - I have a few of these items and Pokemon.

It says on Bulbapedia you can get King's Rock at Lumiose City, Lysandre Cafe - would I have been given one during the main storyline? (if so, I may have accidentally sold it as it's not in my Bag)
    I guess I'll have to go hunting down wild Hawlucha and Poliwhirls... anyone know how often Hawluchas/Poliwhirls holding King's Rocks are encountered?

An easier method you can try is leading with a Pokemon with the Compound Eyes ability (Butterfree and Vivillon work good in this role) which increases the chance of finding held items on wild Pokemon. Also, having a Pokemon that can learn Thief is essential so you can steal the item.

Also, using Pokemon with the Frisk ability (like Gothitelle, Noibat line, Phantump line and Pumpkaboo line) can be handy since they can detect held items.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    For the record, and to reiterate, wild Rotom can be found in trash cans on Tuesdays only. They have to be shaking for Rotom to appear.

if only someone had already said that. oh wait!

;-)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back