• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I see! Well, I might just have atrocious luck. Might i ask you a question, then?

I hatched my predicted egg, and saw the female yielded HP, Sp.Def, and Speed. The male yielded Attack and Defense, Sp. Atk being the wildcard.

I put in a male Arcanine with HP, Atk, Def, and Sp. Def IVs. I also put in a Ditto with HP, Sp. Def and Speed IVs to serve as the female. So I should have gotten all except special attack--the dream Growlithe I've been hatching hundreds upon hundreds of eggs for...

The baby only came out with Attack and Sp. Def IVs.

What happened? Was it because the male had HP and Sp. Def IVs too, so it screwed it up or something? My friend who showed me the method said no, but it happened anyway...

Okay, I'm going to assume that you are using the Destiny Knot. If not, get one, and slap it onto one of the parents.
    Okay, so here are the IV spreads of your parents:
    ARC: X/X/X/A/X/B
    DIT: X/C/D/E/X/X
    In order: (Hp, Att, Def, Spatt, Spdef, Spd)
    Xs represent 31s, the others are random.
    BABY: R/X/D/?/?/B

Now looking at this, your baby inherited Arcanine's Att and speed and Ditto's Defense for sure. The Spdef and Spatt ones could be from either parent. The HP stat was random.

You see, Destiny knot takes 5 IVs from EITHER PARENT. So it's 5/12. Not 5/6 like most people think.
    Sorry, if my explanation is badly worded.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Do male and female Pokemon have the same chances of breeding down hidden abilities (w/Ditto)?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Do male and female Pokemon have the same chances of breeding down hidden abilities (w/Ditto)?

Only males pass down their DW/Hidden Abilities with Ditto. Females pass down their DW/Hidden abilities when paired with a parent from an appropriate Egg Group (this is a 60% chance of this happening, so this could apply to the male too; I'm not sure).

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    I'm kind of having trouble. I went to the Game Sync site and after I typed the ID number I got a bit stuck cause I don't see anything on the page to click to go to the next step of Registering my Y game. Dose any else had this problem or know what I need to do to get to the next step. I'd tried to send a support ticket but I haven't got anything yet back from them.

If you bought the game used, it could be that it's already registered. so send a support ticket to let them know you bought it used and if you could have the code cleared for reuse if possible.

But if it's new, make sure you are typign the code from within the game itself under the gamesync option, and not confuse it with the nintendo club code.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
    Okay, I'm going to assume that you are using the Destiny Knot. If not, get one, and slap it onto one of the parents.
    Okay, so here are the IV spreads of your parents:
    ARC: X/X/X/A/X/B
    DIT: X/C/D/E/X/X
    In order: (Hp, Att, Def, Spatt, Spdef, Spd)
    Xs represent 31s, the others are random.
    BABY: R/X/D/?/?/B

Now looking at this, your baby inherited Arcanine's Att and speed and Ditto's Defense for sure. The Spdef and Spatt ones could be from either parent. The HP stat was random.

You see, Destiny knot takes 5 IVs from EITHER PARENT. So it's 5/12. Not 5/6 like most people think.
    Sorry, if my explanation is badly worded.

Oh i get what you mean no worries. I was just baffled because with the Time Machine method, you see what the parents pass down in an egg With the Destiny Knot, and then adjust our parents (switch em) so thqt the stats each pass over are perfect...its hard to explain hahaha.

Buuut i ditched that method and went old fashioned way. After about another 100 eggs (AT LEAST 800 total) i finally got my perfect 5IV Growlithe! 5 perfect Growlithes, in fact!

So now, i have one last question:

When should i start EV/Super training? Right away?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Oh i get what you mean no worries. I was just baffled because with the Time Machine method, you see what the parents pass down in an egg With the Destiny Knot, and then adjust our parents (switch em) so thqt the stats each pass over are perfect...its hard to explain hahaha.

Buuut i ditched that method and went old fashioned way. After about another 100 eggs (AT LEAST 800 total) i finally got my perfect 5IV Growlithe! 5 perfect Growlithes, in fact!

So now, i have one last question:

When should i start EV/Super training? Right away?
    Right away is best. Otherwise, when you're levelling up your Pokemon, you wouldn't want them to gain unwanted EVs.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Only males pass down their DW/Hidden Abilities with Ditto. Females pass down their DW/Hidden abilities when paired with a parent from an appropriate Egg Group (this is a 60% chance of this happening, so this could apply to the male too; I'm not sure).

Females do too in Gen VI. It was a weird phenomenon of Gen V that females couldn't pass down Hidden Abilities with Ditto. (See Bulbapedia: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_breeding#Inheriting_Abilities - and I also know from personal experience.)

As for your question, it's known for sure to be 60% with females, and from personal experience males seem to give a fairly similar chance, maybe a little smaller.

Last edited:

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    if i remember correctly, as of 6th gen, males have a 30% chance to pass hidden ability, while female is still 60% but can be up to 80% if not bred with a ditto but instead a male and female of the species..

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    if i remember correctly, as of 6th gen, males have a 30% chance to pass hidden ability, while female is still 60% but can be up to 80% if not bred with a ditto but instead a male and female of the species..

80% is for passing on regular Abilities. I have heard rumours that males have a 30% chance of passing on Hidden Abilities too, but I have yet to see any satisfying evidence of this, and it seems to be higher when I breed. Maybe I'm just lucky :P

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Do Charm have double effects with Serene Grace? Or only with attack moves?

Serene Grace doubles the chance of a move's added effect happening. It doesn't double the effect itself. For example, Air Slash has a 30% chance of flinching the opponent. With Serene Grace, its a 60% chance of flinching.

So, no, Charm isn't effected in any way by Serene Grace.

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
    Serene Grace doubles the chance of a move's added effect happening. It doesn't double the effect itself. For example, Air Slash has a 30% chance of flinching the opponent. With Serene Grace, its a 60% chance of flinching.

So, no, Charm isn't effected in any way by Serene Grace.
    Thank you so much, Zekrom.

Years
    Where is Pikachu?!?

I went on Route 3 and I could not find Pikachu :( ... Could someone help please, I am also willing to trade a pokemon (no legendaries!) for a Pikachu.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Pikachu can also be found in Santalune Forest. Ironically, Route 3 is the best place to find Pikachu; you just have to keep looking.

Years
    I did check in Santalune forest, sadly, it is Rare to find him there :( I guess I do have to keep looking.

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Yeah, Pikachu takes a while to find. While your there you should get a second Pikachu (make sure it is opposite genders) and when you get to the daycare you can leave them both and get a Pichu egg! Pichu is exclusive to breeding or transfer in X and Y so that will make you feel like you have a hard to find Pokémon! Just give it an Everstone or don't level it up so it will stay a Pichu!

Years
    Yeah, Pikachu takes a while to find. While your there you should get a second Pikachu (make sure it is opposite genders) and when you get to the daycare you can leave them both and get a Pichu egg! Pichu is exclusive to breeding or transfer in X and Y so that will make you feel like you have a hard to find Pokémon! Just give it an Everstone or don't level it up so it will stay a Pichu!

That is not a bad idea! Instead of giving it an everstone I can probably just cancel the evolution; thanks though!

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
    I remember when I was going through there all the Pikachu wouldn't leave me alone...I found at least 20 of em. One probably had a Light Ball too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back