• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Battle Maison Chatelains (aka Bosses.) This team(s) here. Is it guaranteed that they always lead with the pokemon listed first, in this case will 50th-battle Super Singles always start off with Tornadus? This is will be my first time facing off against her if it matters. You can answer based off of your personal experience...

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Battle Maison Chatelains (aka Bosses.) This team(s) here. Is it guaranteed that they always lead with the pokemon listed first, in this case will 50th-battle Super Singles always start off with Tornadus? This is will be my first time facing off against her if it matters. You can answer based off of your personal experience...

No, unfortunately she doesn't always start off with the same one. For example here she starts with Thundurus:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N61VR9MXjH8
    but here she starts with Tornadus:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J11Xtab22h4

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Darn, guess I can't counter-team her as easily as I'd hope. xD

If I currently have a streak on one mode (singles), and if I change modes, will I lose my streak?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Darn, guess I can't counter-team her as easily as I'd hope. xD

If I currently have a streak on one mode (singles), and if I change modes, will I lose my streak?

Nope, you can do whatever you want (including playing a different mode) after interrupting your challenge and you'll still have the streak when you decide to continue it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Best Catching Pokemon?

What mon do you guys normally use for catching more Pokemon?

I've just finished Y and looking to capture all the Pokemon that are still in it, at the moment I'm using a venusaur with sleep powder, but trying to find something that can learn fury swipe (to take them down to 1HP) and sleep/paralyze them.

What are you guys using?

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    I use a Gallade with swords dance, false swipe, thunder wave, and psycho cut. It does the job well enough, but that might be because it's 70+ in level already.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    What mon do you guys normally use for catching more Pokemon?

I've just finished Y and looking to capture all the Pokemon that are still in it, at the moment I'm using a venusaur with sleep powder, but trying to find something that can learn fury swipe (to take them down to 1HP) and sleep/paralyze them.

What are you guys using?

Uhm, just to set the record straight here I have to correct you that it's actually False Swipe that leaves the opponent atleast 1HP so it won't die - so don't use Fury Swipe. :D I personally suggest that you get yourself a Bellossom or a Vileplume as you can run with Sweet Scent/Moonlight/some low damage dealing attack move/Stun Spore or Sleep Powder. For me, it has worked every time and you can also attract Hordes with that. Also, if you are going to face Pokémon like Abra or some other that has Teleport or can flee from the encounter you should use Trapinch because of it's Arena Trap ability or get a Ghost-type Pokémon that knows Mean Look. There, hopefully this helps a bit. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Uhm, just to set the record straight here I have to correct you that it's actually False Swipe that leaves the opponent atleast 1HP so it won't die - so don't use Fury Swipe. :D I personally suggest that you get yourself a Bellossom or a Vileplume as you can run with Sweet Scent/Moonlight/some low damage dealing attack move/Stun Spore or Sleep Powder. For me, it has worked every time and you can also attract Hordes with that. Also, if you are going to face Pokémon like Abra or some other that has Teleport or can flee from the encounter you should use Trapinch because of it's Arena Trap ability or get a Ghost-type Pokémon that knows Mean Look. There, hopefully this helps a bit. :)

Yeah I meant False swipe, thanks for the advice though. I have an Oddish that I'll grind to level up for it.

Another Question:

I've played online a couple of times, and every single time I've lost. My team is in my signature and range between lvl 65-77. I just want to know how I'm losing so bad, would love to play against someone who is a boss at this game so they could give me some pointers.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Another Question:

I've played online a couple of times, and every single time I've lost. My team is in my signature and range between lvl 65-77. I just want to know how I'm losing so bad, would love to play against someone who is a boss at this game so they could give me some pointers.

Online battling (Battle Spot) is one of the realms of competitive battling. So the vast majority of people battling there have EV trained teams with well thought out team combinations and movesets, natures, and items, etc. Many of them of them are IV bred too.

So just using whatever team you used to be beat the Elite 4 isn't gonna cut it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Most Pokemon in online battles will be competitively built, i.e. they will have been bred for good IVs, will have been EV trained and will have some sort of strategy behind their moves, even if it's a basic one. Have you EV trained your Pokemon? If not, this is an easy way to gain a competitive edge. You can do this via Super Training. Breeding for IVs is complicated and takes a long time, so you might not want to bother with that. As for strategy, Smogon is a good place to look for some tips. In particular, here are the pages for each of the Pokemon in your team:
    Charizard: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/charizard.3489940/
    Torterra: www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/torterra
    Samurott: www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/samurott
    Ampharos: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ampharos.3490134/
    Lucario: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lucario.3489982/
    Tyrantrum: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tyrantrum.3489911/

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Most Pokemon in online battles will be competitively built, i.e. they will have been bred for good IVs, will have been EV trained and will have some sort of strategy behind their moves, even if it's a basic one. Have you EV trained your Pokemon? If not, this is an easy way to gain a competitive edge. You can do this via Super Training. Breeding for IVs is complicated and takes a long time, so you might not want to bother with that. As for strategy, Smogon is a good place to look for some tips. In particular, here are the pages for each of the Pokemon in your team:
    Charizard: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/charizard.3489940/
    Torterra: www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/torterra
    Samurott: www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/samurott
    Ampharos: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ampharos.3490134/
    Lucario: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lucario.3489982/
    Tyrantrum: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tyrantrum.3489911/
    Wow, awesome thank you very much!

Where it says "Dragon Pulse (85 BP)" What exactly is BP? I thought the only way Charizard could learn Dragon Pulse was through breeding?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Where it says "Dragon Pulse (85 BP)" What exactly is BP? I thought the only way Charizard could learn Dragon Pulse was through breeding?

It means 85 Base Power. And yeah, it can only learn it through breeding.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

BP means that Dragon Pulse's base power is 85. Dragon Pulse isn't a TM in X/Y.

Yes, Charmander gets Dragon Pulse as an egg move.

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
    This is might have been asked before but here's the question:

I know male pass down HA with a 30% chance when breeding with Ditto, will the rate increase or stay the same with the same species?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    This is might have been asked before but here's the question:

I know male pass down HA with a 30% chance when breeding with Ditto, will the rate increase or stay the same with the same species?

Males only pass down their DW/Hidden abilities if paired with Ditto. Females pass down theirs when paired with an appropriate parent (60% in Gen V, possibly the same in Gen VI).

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
    Males only pass down their DW/Hidden abilities if paired with Ditto. Females pass down theirs when paired with an appropriate parent (60% in Gen V, possibly the same in Gen VI).
    I have been wasting my time breeding togepi and chimchar.. :pink_frown: but anyway, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Anyone know if the Pokemon dream radar game/app in the eShop works with X/Y? Can you send caught Pokemon to X and Y with it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back