• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    Not sure if this has been asked. I'm trying to IV breed with a 6IV Japanese ditto and my pikachu but pichu so far has been only 2 or 3 IVs. I used the destiny knot on Ditto. Help?!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Start breeding the 2/3 IV Pikachu's you're getting with the ditto, you'll get more results :)
    The problem is that you get Pichu, which cannot breed. But if you have the patience to evolve them into Pikachu, you can take one of the 3IV ones and with the 6IV Ditto you'll have better chances. If not just keep trying with the Pichu and you'll get it eventually.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
    Right, completely slipped my mind. I would still evolve one of the 3 IV Pichus then breed with that, much higher probability of getting a 5/6 IV hatched.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    is it even possible to get a 6IV Ditto?
    Wow, if it's possible to get a 6Iv JAP Ditto I would be VERY HAPPY!!

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I spent the whole bus trip from home to work chain fishing. I got no shinies. :P
    I just want to know if I'm doing it right...
    - Stay on a spot. Don't move, don't bike, don't skates.
    - You can kill/catch/run away from the non-shiny PKMN you hooked.

And yesh, I have a Suction Cup PKMN on the lead. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I spent the whole bus trip from home to work chain fishing. I got no shinies. :P
    I just want to know if I'm doing it right...
    - Stay on a spot. Don't move, don't bike, don't skates.
    - You can kill/catch/run away from the non-shiny PKMN you hooked.

And yesh, I have a Suction Cup PKMN on the lead. :P

Well Serebii says you need the Super Rod, but people keep saying that they've done it with any rod so I dunno: https://www.serebii.net/xy/fishchain.shtml

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    I've read that we can actually run, but now I am no longer sure... >.>

you cannot run away. if you do, it breaks the chain..

the proof of this is with the pokeradar for trying to chain in the grass.. when it plays the music to let you know you're chaining, if you run away, the music stops and the chain is broken immediately, requiring you to walk 50 steps again to recharge the radar and start over.

So the fact that running away breaks the chain with the pokeradar, the same applies to chain fishing.. Can only kill and capture.

Also i dont think you need the superrod.. it's just more common for people to use the superrod since it's hook/catch rate is higher and usually spawns better/wanted Pokemon.. I mean who the hell wants a shiny luvdisc... only thing 1/2 decent with the old rod is magikarp>gyarados, and maybe 1-2 pokes with the good rod?

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    you cannot run away. if you do, it breaks the chain..

the proof of this is with the pokeradar for trying to chain in the grass.. when it plays the music to let you know you're chaining, if you run away, the music stops and the chain is broken immediately, requiring you to walk 50 steps again to recharge the radar and start over.

So the fact that running away breaks the chain with the pokeradar, the same applies to chain fishing.. Can only kill and capture.
    I remember when I first did chain fishing, I ran from the battles, and the fisherman in the shack counted my running-away as a streak. I did a quick search online, and a lot of sources (marriland, pokemondb, and neoseeker forums) say that running away is okay. It's pretty odd why they made one chaining method different than the other.

Not sure if this has been asked. I'm trying to IV breed with a 6IV Japanese ditto and my pikachu but pichu so far has been only 2 or 3 IVs. I used the destiny knot on Ditto. Help?!
    A misconception I had at one point, and I think many others is that the Destiny Knot takes 5 IVs from both parents collectively, not just the parent holding it. I just wanted to give background info for why putting the 3 IV Pikachu will yield better results.

Edit: What JohnJSal said. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    A misconception I had at one point, and I think many others is that the Destiny Knot takes 5 IVs from both parents collectively, not just the parent holding it. I just wanted to give background info for why putting the 3 IV Pikachu will yield better results.

Just to be clear, because I'm not sure what you're saying the misconception actually is, the Destiny Knot DOES take 5 IVs from the total of 12 parental IVs. It doesn't matter who holds it.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I have a question about Shedinja. I got it just cuz it seemed interested to get, and dismissed it cuz of the lack of HP, but I just saw it was immune to all but 5 types. So, is it actually good at all, like worth using?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    I have a question about Shedinja. I got it just cuz it seemed interested to get, and dismissed it cuz of the lack of HP, but I just saw it was immune to all but 5 types. So, is it actually good at all, like worth using?

It's usually hit and miss. sometimes you'll get lucky and you've worn down their team so much and defeated all their fire/rock/etc types and leave them with absolutely no pokemon that could take out shedninja when you take it out as your last pokemon.. or either their team will be full of pokemon that have at least 1 move that can kill shedinja.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    What does "SA" mean?
    I saw it along with "HA", which means Hidden Ability.

I am guessing "SA" means the PKMN's secondary ability?
    I could be wrong though, so can anyone enlighten me on that?

Thanks~

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    What does "SA" mean?
    I saw it along with "HA", which means Hidden Ability.

I am guessing "SA" means the PKMN's secondary ability?
    I could be wrong though, so can anyone enlighten me on that?

Thanks~

I'd guess it means "Standard Ability" (i.e. not Hidden Ability), but I haven't seen that abbreviation before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back