• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Is there an easier way to get a friend safari shiny? I've been looking for a good 45 minutes and still nothing :/

as platinum said, it's just luck.
    i only have encountered 2 shinies in there since I reached that place. =/

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Thanks to both of you, but also, you can get the Shiny Charm when you complete the X and Y Pokedex or the National Pokedex?

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
    Yes, the shiny charm is awarded to you when you complete the national pokedex excluding event legendaries.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    Thanks to both of you, but also, you can get the Shiny Charm when you complete the X and Y Pokedex or the National Pokedex?

National. The Kalos Pokedex completion gives you the Oval Charm (increases likelihood of finding eggs at the daycare).

Edit: Greninja'd. Thanks slow internet. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I think it's due to the order they are encountered.. you can encounter thundurus/tornadus roaming unova early on on route 7, while next you acquire reshiram/zekrom, then you find landorus later on in the abundant shrine.

Oh okay, that makes sense (cause they do tend to organize the dexes based on where you encounter things, which I actually am quite fond of because then even on a blind play through you know if you missed something usually) I thought that this meant there was significance to where they were located on the dex (admittedly it's fan made, but I thought there was some meaning behind it)
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mod note: A new rule has been added, guys; before replying here, please read the first post. Thanks!

Brentane

Lucario Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    I need help with my Yveltal. It has a BRAVE nature (+att, -speed). Now I first thought it too be a bad thing, I have a Xerneas with a MODEST nature that OHKOs almost anything if you let it live the first turn it is out. So I thought I would make Yveltal differently. I am thinking since it is very powerful in attack, sp. attack, but very slow, I might give EV training in HP and Defense, then giving it the ASSAULT VEST item. From what I see, it would be pretty good at all round tank-like pokemon.

At the moment it's moveset is: Fly, Foul Play, Oblivian Wing, U-Turn.
    Anyone have any better ideas in EV training and items for BRAVE natured Yveltal?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Does breeding a Korean Pokemon and a Japanese Pokemon still count as Masuda Method? Or, since they are both of Asian origin, does it just count as regular breeding?

Years
    Does breeding a Korean Pokemon and a Japanese Pokemon still count as Masuda Method? Or, since they are both of Asian origin, does it just count as regular breeding?

I'm pretty sure as long as the cartridge itself are from different countries, it'll still count as Masuda Method.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm pretty sure as long as the cartridge itself are from different countries, it'll still count as Masuda Method.

It only deals with cartridge if you caught the Pokemon breeding with a foreign Pokemon.

Bulbapedia said:
    The Masuda method involves breeding two Pokémon created in games of different countries.

KOR and JPN are two different countries/regions and count as Masuda Method users. So a Pokemon generated in a Korean game, traded to an American or European game can Masuda Method breed with a Japanese generated Pokemon as well since both Pokemon are from different originating countries.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ya know how on the PSS screen a person's name is normally in a blue box (when it quick flashes their message)? Sometimes they're in a red box instead. Why does that happen?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    That's really weird. I gave my 6IV Ditto a Destiny Knot and I keep getting 2-4IV offspring. :( I even checked Ditto before putting him in. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the IV checker guy? idk. If it's a 31 IV in a stat, he says it "simply can't be beat" right?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    That's really weird. I gave my 6IV Ditto a Destiny Knot and I keep getting 2-4IV offspring. :( I even checked Ditto before putting him in.

The Destiny Knot will take 5IVs from both parents at random, not only from the one who's holding it. =/
    So it's best to have both parents with good IVs.

If it's a 31 IV in a stat, he says it "simply can't be beat" right?

That is correct~

Last edited:

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Ya know how on the PSS screen a person's name is normally in a blue box (when it quick flashes their message)? Sometimes they're in a red box instead. Why does that happen?

Normal Text Box = Their Profile Message
    Red Outlined Text Box = Shout Out Message

If you open the PPS menu you'll see an option named Shout Out, which you can use to shout out a message to everyone (it'll even make a sound on their PPS menu to those who actively were on to receive it live) :P

The Destiny Knot will take 5IVs from both parents at random, not only from the one who's holding it. =/

Furthermore to answer the question, even if both parents had perfect 6IVs, it's not a guarantee that the offspring will also have 6IVs, as the parents may possibly pass the same exact IVs (i.e. atk, speed, sp, def) but not pass the others.

You only get perfect IVs through trial and error and swapping the parents around with other Pokemon/Offspring until you find a breeding pair that passes the 3 IVs each you need to make a 6IV offspring.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

THAT explains it. Thanks! I managed to get a 4IV offspring, so that's about to be bred with 6IV Ditto. Ready for some awesome babies.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What nature do you have for your Wobbuffet? I initially went with a Sassy nature (because even though now every type of attack can be physical or special, I figured that most ghost and dark types tended to be special while most bug moves tended to be physical, which is why I opted to to boost it's special defense) because i wanted to make sure it was slow enough to always go second, however, after I found out the Counter and Mirror Coat always go last anyway (except for a few instances) I then started thinking about alternate strategies so now I need to know what other people have done.

(FYI, I already looked online and too many strategies involve boosting both defenses to max, which is actually a terrible idea because the less damage is done to it, the less damage it can do back)

I started toying around with NOT lowering it's speed (since I apparently don't need to) and was trying to decide between a careful, calm, bold or impish nature (the first two being my preference) however someone had posted that they went with a Jolly Wobbuffet (and while they claim to outspeed many things, including Tyranitar, I find that hard to believe when Wobbuffet's base speed is 33 while tyranitar's base speed is 71) SO I was thinking about possibly trying that out (Jolly nature, 252 HP, 129 to Def, 129 to Sp Def) because while it's still slow, maybe a jolly nature will be good enough to utilize Encore and Safeguard before a slow opponent occasionally? And while I am strong believer in not maxing out it's Defences, it still should have SOME boosting to it's defences. I didn't bother with maxing out speed like the move set suggested because at a base speed of 33, I can't see those 63 points (or 94, really, as I am IV breeding so it will also have 31 IVs in speed) being worthwhile.

Anyway, now that all the back story is done, I am finding myself overwhelmed at the possibility of 5 natures for wobbuffet and not knowing which one would be the "best" so I would just like to know what other people have done (and I mean personally, not "the standard smogon move set" or whatever works on paper, I mean actual use, thanks!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    (FYI, I already looked online and too many strategies involve boosting both defenses to max, which is actually a terrible idea because the less damage is done to it, the less damage it can do back)

But also the less likely it is to faint (although yeah, you should do only one defensive stat and HP alongside it). If someone does 51% damage and you use Counter and don't manage to take it down, then you're done for, assuming you're slower. But if you've invested in your defences and it only takes off 49%, you'll manage to take them out and hang on with 2% left. I'm aware it can work the other way round too, but when you're doing double damage that's less likely.

I agree with you, I think it's a good idea to have an IV of 31 in Speed and have a Speed-boosting Nature. But it should be Timid imo, just in case someone uses Foul Play, so it's less likely to KO you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back