• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    But also the less likely it is to faint (although yeah, you should do only one defensive stat and HP alongside it). If someone does 51% damage and you use Counter and don't manage to take it down, then you're done for, assuming you're slower. But if you've invested in your defences and it only takes off 49%, you'll manage to take them out and hang on with 2% left.

I agree with you, I think it's a good idea to have an IV of 31 in Speed and have a Speed-boosting Nature. But it should be Timid imo, just in case someone uses Foul Play, so it's less likely to KO you.

Why only the defense stat and not both? wouldn't then every special ghost, dark and bug type do massive damage then, rather than boosting both defences by half instead of their full amount so that I still get defensive power to an extent, but I'm still receiving enough damage to inflict a good amount of damage at the same time.

So then that brings me to the nature, if I went with a Timid nature, should I be putting any EVs into speed, or JUST go with the nature and then put the EVs to HP and Defense(s?) (and yes, I fully plan to have 252 in HP in every scenario)

Cybertech44

Android App Developer
    Years
    Hey everyone, i have a question about PokeBank.

I downloaded it and also already received the free Celebi and BP the day it was available again in the US.

My questions is, how do you transfer your new PokeMiles from Bank to your Pokemon Link so you can get them into your game? This also applies to Battle Points.

I keep getting PokeMiles from the PokeBank lady and then after she tells me to come back when im done using it but i see no option to send them to my game or even change the reward to Battle Points too.

Does anyone know?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Hey everyone, i have a question about PokeBank.

I downloaded it and also already received the free Celebi and BP the day it was available again in the US.

My questions is, how do you transfer your new PokeMiles from Bank to your Pokemon Link so you can get them into your game? This also applies to Battle Points.

I keep getting PokeMiles from the PokeBank lady and then after she tells me to come back when im done using it but i see no option to send them to my game or even change the reward to Battle Points too.

Does anyone know?

You can only send pokemiles to the game once you accumulated 10 points (or convert the miles to 1BP, she will sometimes give you the option if you accumulated the required amount of points), also make sure not to spam the A button like i do sometimes, as you may possibly miss the option to get BP instead of Miles..

Then once you finish with that, to get them in your game, open Pokemon X/Y and on the main start menu is a green button that says Pokemon Link. click that to retrieve the gift of 1BP or 10Pokemiles.

Cybertech44

Android App Developer
    Years
    You can only send pokemiles to the game once you accumulated 10 points (or convert the miles to 1BP, she will sometimes give you the option if you accumulated the required amount of points), also make sure not to spam the A button like i do sometimes, as you may possibly miss the option to get BP instead of Miles..

Then once you finish with that, to get them in your game, open Pokemon X/Y and on the main start menu is a green button that says Pokemon Link. click that to retrieve the gift of 1BP or 10Pokemiles.

Hmm, i still don't get it. Maybe i'am missing the option too but i think i've accumulated well over 10 pokemiles because she always gives me between 6-12 pokemiles when i use the bank but i still haven't seen any option to convert to BP or send to my game.

I will check it soon and go slow at it to see if i actually get those options.

Thanks for the response.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2014
    Hey there.

Im new to this forum and XY. Ive just completed the game, and i think have finally built a good enough team.

The trouble is, almost every single time i go on a online game, people use legendaries. (often hacked ones)

they are just everywhere. And although ive won a few games, the majority of the time i get stomped into the ground. And im getting a little sick of it. Im never ever going to use legendaries myself, so im kind of desperate for a solution.

Is there any kind of filter on the online battles? i know theres one in the battle maision, so there might be one here...

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Hmm, i still don't get it. Maybe i'am missing the option too but i think i've accumulated well over 10 pokemiles because she always gives me between 6-12 pokemiles when i use the bank but i still haven't seen any option to convert to BP or send to my game.

I will check it soon and go slow at it to see if i actually get those options.

Thanks for the response.

Sorry let me reiterate, i think you need to get 10pokemiles or more at once to have the option for BP, however if you instead slowly accumulate 10bp (i.e. 3 at a time), then you wont have the option, i think. however I am not 100% sure.. I just know that sometimes when i transfer alot into the bank, like whole boxes full of pokemon, i believe i get the option next time i use it.. however if i just transfer a handful of pokemon at the time, i don't get that option.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Hey there.

Im new to this forum and XY. Ive just completed the game, and i think have finally built a good enough team.

The trouble is, almost every single time i go on a online game, people use legendaries. (often hacked ones)

they are just everywhere. And although ive won a few games, the majority of the time i get stomped into the ground. And im getting a little sick of it. Im never ever going to use legendaries myself, so im kind of desperate for a solution.

Is there any kind of filter on the online battles? i know theres one in the battle maision, so there might be one here...

Hacked or not, there are many options to deal with uber teams, the easiest way is to build an uber team yourself.. even I run legendaries, such as Mewtwo, Xerneas, Genesect, and Arceus on my team.. and there are times when i get my butt handed to me by a team of normal pokemon.. you just need to build a team that has good chemistry, to cover all your weaknesses and are able to exploit a wide array of your enemies weaknesses.

Try not to have pokemon who share many of the same weaknesses on your team, I encounter that alot in battle, i.e. a team who who all have a severe vulnerability to fairy (i.e. a team of mainly dragon, fighting, and dark types) then my Xerneas and Mewtwo are able to slaughter them all.

Just keep trying, it takes alot of trial and error, but you'll find a team that wins you better % of wins. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2014
    well, im never ever going to use legendaries, as that will just annoy people who have the same problem as me.

i often use...

Kangaskhan-mega
    Scizor
    Alakazam
    Cloyster
    Blaziken
    Ditto.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Hey there.

If you're not going to use legendaries, but want to be prepared for fighting someone who IS using them, then you'll be needing some REALLY good Pokemon that have good IVs in the right stats and are EV trained accordingly.

Hacked ones though? oooh, tough spot. I'd just disconnect then.

Wait, Ditto? Really? That's rather odd. Seems like it would be rather ineffective though...

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2014
    ive put the right stats in all my pokemon. All of them have a good nature as well. Ive tested all of them many times and they have almost always pulled their weight.

And imposter ditto is the one thing that can beat a legendary team for me. Copy the arceus or mewtwo-mega and the game is often in the bag.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hey there.

Aren't some Pokemon (particularly uber legendaries) banned in Rated Battle Spot battles?

Another thing to think about is battling on Showdown, where the tier system prevents most legendaries from battling in the OU tier.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Yep, there is. Rating Battles use the same filter as the Battle Maison. I only do Rating Battles for that exact reason, I hate legendaries :P

EDIT: Beaten to it ^.^

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    well, im never ever going to use legendaries, as that will just annoy people who have the same problem as me.

i often use...

Kangaskhan-mega
    Scizor
    Alakazam
    Cloyster
    Blaziken
    Ditto.

A problem i see with your team is you lack fairy coverage.. maybe try out a fairy. alot of the legendaries are extremely weak to fairy, everything from rayquaza, to palkia, to keldeo, to darkrai, and so on because a lot, and i mean alot of the legendaries are dragon, dark, and fighting types. in all reality, i never consider ditto any threat in battle, even if a ditto is sent out to my arceus, I practically ignore it while it take out it's team mates in triple battles, because even though Ditto can mimick my pokemon, it doesn't seem to be able to match it's nature/IVs/stats or whatever the case may be as it generally hits weaker than what it copied and dies easier. so maybe try out a fairy replacement for ditto.. maybe togekiss or sylveon. But in all reality, if you'd tried out a legendary, such as Xerneas, you'd wonder why you never did ;D!

------------

in reply to comment below :P maybe that's why ditto dies so easily and i make a good choice to ignore it xD the lack of HP copying. especially if it mimicks Arceus, since 255 of Arceus' EVs are dedicated to HP. so all that EV goes to waste. In addition, my team is built in such a way they "check eachother".. so no matter who on my team is copied, there's always someone who can 1-shot or heavily damage them. Mewtwo>Arceus, Genesect>Xerneas, Talonflame>Genesect, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    in all reality, i never consider ditto any threat in battle, even if a ditto is sent out to my arceus, I practically ignore it while it take out it's team mates in triple battles, because even though Ditto can mimick my pokemon, it doesn't seem to be able to match it's nature/IVs/stats or whatever the case may be as it generally hits weaker than what it copied and dies easier.

Ditto is the best for taking out sweepers and stat-boosting Pokemon imo. It copies the exact stats of the opposing Pokemon except HP (so yes, it does copy boosts from IVs, EVs, etc), INCLUDING any stat increases. There's nothing more satisfying than bringing out Ditto against a Mega Kangaskhan that's just taken out one of your Pokemon with a double Power-Up Punch. Of course you need Choice Scarf for it to really work.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    im sorry...i dont know what the PSS is.

the main bottom sceen, the player search system that shows all your friends and passerbys. the little icon next to the internet icon, click that, and in there is the Battle Spot where you can find random challengers :D! Free battle = use any Pokemon, rating battles = non-legendary competition.

Can choose single, double, triple, or rotation battles.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Okay , I was wondering where I can ask this question and this seem to be the right spot.
    First read this-
    https://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/diancie/

According to this , Diancle is created where carbink goes though a strange Mutation .
    Shouldn't this mean that Diancle is actually an Evolution of carbink ???
    Well , I didn't heard any official confirmation of Diancle being a Legendary Pokemon .
    Man , I so wish Ash to catch a carbink that later become a Dinacle ! I always wanted Ash to have a Pokemon so rare that it will belong to Ash & only him.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Okay , I was wondering where I can ask this question and this seem to be the right spot.
    First read this-
    https://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/diancie/

According to this , Diancle is created where carbink goes though a strange Mutation .
    Shouldn't this mean that Diancle is actually an Evolution of carbink ???
    Well , I didn't heard any official confirmation of Diancle being a Legendary Pokemon .
    Man , I so wish Ash to catch a carbink that later become a Dinacle ! I always wanted Ash to have a Pokemon so rare that it will belong to Ash & only him.
    It could be similar the legendary beast story: Ho-Oh reincarnated three Pokemon (presumably the Kanto Eeveelutions, dunno about that one) who died in the Burned Tower into the legendary beasts.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back