• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I thought you lost stat points or EVs or something when you used rare candies? I don't know, maybe I read something wrong. But I've always stuck to the 'Defeat as many trainers and the Elite Four over and over and over again until I have Level 100 Pokemon' Method, so I'm biased.

That's a myth.

What happens in the older games (prior to Gen V) is, once you reach level 100, you cannot gain any more EVs. Using rare candies to level up does not grant any EVs, so naturally Pokemon who gained experience "normally" would have better stats than those who were fed rare candies to level 100.

Now you don't have to worry about that as even if you're level 100, you can still EV train and in XY you can even keep track of your EVs in Super Training.

Years
  • 1st thing I normally do is figure out the Pokemon I want on Pokemon Showdown, so I get the exact desired result.

After getting the perfect Pokemon I Super Train the EVs to my desire before doing any battling because if you do battles it will start filling in your EVs automatically. Once you fully train @ level 1 then it is set for life.

Also, don't forget you can get moves for Pokemon after they evolve with Heartscales that they don't learn from leveling. Example: Charizard can learn Air Slash listed as a level 1 learned move. After that you just need to level him to 50 to be fully ready for competitive battles.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    Is it compulsory to save every single time you make a Wonder Trade? Is there a way to turn this off? The constant saving gets a bit annoying.

Years
  • If they didn't make you save every time you did it people could trade then turn their game off/on and still have the traded Pokemon :O. So it is mandatory to keep things legit, no way to avoid that.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    If they didn't make you save every time you did it people could trade then turn their game off/on and still have the traded Pokemon :O. So it is mandatory to keep things legit, no way to avoid that.

Ah, of course. Makes sense ha. Thanks :)

EDIT: I think I may have posted this in the wrong thread, was supposed to be in Quick Q&A :o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    [Question] How have you organised your PC boxes?

Hey there

So i searched for a topic like this and i couldn't find one (unless im using the wrong words to search with) but im genuinely curious as to how other people have organised their PC boxes do you divide by type or do you sort by color? maybe you use dex number whatever you choose i wanna know :)

Personally i go by National Dex number, i got bored last night and spent 2 hours organizing my boxes by national dex number so i have bulbasaur in the very first box in slot one and xerneas in the last box in the last slot .. i even went as far as to place pokemon in the right slot so i could just skim by dex number :/

it sounds really complicated how i wrote it but it really is rather simple so i i'll just take a picture and hope it speaks for itself

Link due to image being huge for some reason: http://i.imgur.com/EM8ivSe.jpg

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • I've got mine sorted by type. I've done that because if I feel like using a certain pokemon I know exactly where to go without having to do much hunting through the boxes. Its simple, but efficient.

Toast1229

Explorer Scholar Gentleman
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Mar 11, 2014
    My boxes are organized in order of evolution. For instance, Lotad in box 8, Lombre in the box 4,
    and Ludicolo in the box 1.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I currently have them by type and in Dex # order. I put my Megas, Bred and Teams in special boxes. I have 5 boxes for bred pokemon and I'm doing a mass wonder trading right now.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    I currently have them by type and in Dex # order. I put my Megas, Bred and Teams in special boxes. I have 5 boxes for bred pokemon and I'm doing a mass wonder trading right now.

I've got a box for dupe pokemon (from breeding and trading) and im mid way through a mass wonder trade of random mons, i also have a box for perfect IV's and shinies leaves me with a few spare boxes though aha

1stOfSeptember

The Oncoming Storm
    Years
  • 1st thing I normally do is figure out the Pokemon I want on Pokemon Showdown, so I get the exact desired result.

After getting the perfect Pokemon I Super Train the EVs to my desire before doing any battling because if you do battles it will start filling in your EVs automatically. Once you fully train @ level 1 then it is set for life.

Also, don't forget you can get moves for Pokemon after they evolve with Heartscales that they don't learn from leveling. Example: Charizard can learn Air Slash listed as a level 1 learned move. After that you just need to level him to 50 to be fully ready for competitive battles.

:O I see now. Pokemon Showdown does help alot when you're trying to determine and end result. After I super train my Ralts to have something like 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, and 6 Sp Def, now do I just normally level it up to 50+?

Do the stats during level up follow the Super Trained stats regardless of which Pokemon I defeat?

Years
  • I have the Pokemon that Mega Evolve in a special box. The Legendary too as well.

Now, my other boxes are a complete mess. I was saying that I'd organize them better in this game but I didn't :P Waiting for the Pokemon Bank to store all the leftovers from MM there.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I would evolve it first, then reset your EV's on super train. Super train your desired iv's. Look on bulbapedia or smogon and look up where the stats of the pokemon lie. Super train (EV Train) those stats. Final step: destroy everyone with it in battles.

Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Friend Safari Pokemon have 3-5 IVs. So I guess, you have to find a friend with Ditto in their safari. :)

Actually the Friend Safari Dittos (along with almost every other pokemon in Friend Safari) actually have 2 - 6 IVs, they always have 2 IVs, the rest are random. the exception to this is Tyrogue which will have 3 because it's in the undiscovered egg group and they always have at least 3 when found in the wild.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Friend Safari Pokemon have 3-5 IVs. So I guess, you have to find a friend with Ditto in their safari. :)

Actually, Friend Safari Pokemon have 2 guaranteed IVs of 31. It's still possible to have more than 2 31 IVs on a Friend Safari Pokemon, though.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Sooo my game doesn't turn dark at nighttime anymore. I have a second DS with the same date and time, and it's dark and the little light turns on on the bike. I've time-travelled on both systems if I can recall correctly, so I don't think that's it. Not really a problem, just would be nice to know what's going on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back