• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
Years
  • Yes, if you were to enter tournaments it would be required for you to breed for IVs and natures. I know it seems like a lot of work but unfortunately that is how things work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yes, if you were to enter tournaments it would be required for you to breed for IVs and natures. I know it seems like a lot of work but unfortunately that is how things work.

well, just so it doesn't sound so intimidating, you won't be REQUIRED to breed for IVs and NAtures, you just won't stand up to the other competitiors very well. (It's not an entry requirement or anything)

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Japan had PokeBank for a short while and some might have been able to transfer their Pokemon before the traffic. As for the shininess I can't say for certain. There is a chance those were one of the hacked that passed through the lines.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • well, just so it doesn't sound so intimidating, you won't be REQUIRED to breed for IVs and NAtures, you just won't stand up to the other competitiors very well. (It's not an entry requirement or anything)
    Oh yeah, that's what I meant :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I can just battle and if I battle well it comes out ahead? Obviously not for tournaments not recommended. It just seems like a lot of work before the Party I want is finished.
    I just want my party together, and start training (Lucario, Scizor, Absol, Charizard, Tyrantrum, and Gardevoir) and battling lol.

Honestly, just don't worry about the IVs. I would suggest you do start teh Natures though, because once you get them, it's super easy. Heck, get a couple Ralts (I'll even trade you a couple if you want) stick tehm in daycare until you get whatever natures you could possibly need. If the Ralts is born with the Synchronize ability then the pokemon you encounter in teh wild will have a 50% chance of having the same nature as the Ralts that is at the head of yor party. Trust me, it's SUPER easy and super fast way of getting the natures you want. And once you get used to the natures and EVs, the IVs will be very easy to get around to by the end of the game. Don't even worry about them now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well that sucks. Exactly what games can they import from?

Technically ALL of them since Ruby and Saphire. the gen 3 pokemon were transferable to gen 4, gen 4 was transferable to gen 5 and with pokebank, gen 5 was transferable to gen 6, so really, any pokemon that has existed for the last 12 years could have been transferred.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So I'm guessing these are all Action Replaymon.

Not necessarily. High chance they are all legit. Just because its Shiny doesn't mean its hacked. Action Replays depending on what was done, can't transfer over and only those with legal standards (has yet to be fully tested so its mostly hear say) are the only things to be transferred.

Though just because they have a shiny is absolutely no reason to say they are hacked. There are people, a ton in japan, who actively breed for the best you can get. If you manage to get two perfect Pokemon, then after that you can mass breed those two for a (near)perfect shiny and with Destiny Knot, its almost guaranteed to be a five 31 IV Shiny Pokemon.

Claims have been made but no substantial proof has been shown that hacks got through. (Substantial proof being an obviously hacked Pokemon with kalos Mark or a video of said creation of the hacked and transport into the game.)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Two questions:

I see a level 1 Dialga on the GTS, is this hacked, or was it from an event?

What's the difference between the focus sash and focus band?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

If you have full health, Focus Sash prevents you from being knocked-down with just one hit. Focus Band does the same thing, sort of, but chances of it actually keeping you alive is only ten-percent. :p Focus Band also keeps you away from being hurt with recoil apparently, which Sash does not.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

To add to what Nymphadora said, Focus Band can also activate if you're not on full health when you take damage, whereas for Focus Sash to activate, you must be on full health.

I don't know of any event that gave away Lv.1 Dialgas, and they can't be bred, so I would be suspicious.

Last edited:

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • I see a level 1 Dialga on the GTS, is this hacked, or was it from an event?
    It's an event for HG/SS, if you get Arceus, you can unlock the Shinto ruins that takes you to this place where Cynthia is. Which then gives you the choice to choose Diagla, Palkia and Giratina. So all 3 of them are in the game, but you can only have 1 of them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016

Although I see that someone already told you they think there was no event.... There WAS an in game event for this.... So there is a chance it is not hacked. You would need to look at it closer (ie. already have traded for it. If it is from Johto then you are likely fine... if it says it is from Sinnoh then it is hacked.

In HG/SS if you took an Event Arceus to the Ruins of Alph and speak to one of the Archelogists. He will say he is surprised that you have an Arceus and ask you to follow him to investigate something. The end of the scene you are given the choice of a Level 1 Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Aaah, thanks :)

So, I got lucky. I traded a shiny Modest Piloswine and got a Shiny Palkia at level 100. Is this good?

Also, what is a good counter to a spamming destiny bond mega Banette? I think this move should be like protect, fail chance increase the more you use it.

Years
  • So i'm doing another Ground Monotype (for the Ultimate), and i've made it through Victory Road. Now all I have left is the Pokémon League, and while I know what i'll be doing for most of them, the one that has me really concerned is Siebold, for probably obvious reasons. Are there any good Ground-types that would really help for him? I know there's Quagsire who gets Water Absorb, but even that will only do me so much good. And Stunfisk, but that's weak to Gyarados' Earthquake.

I definitely plan on bringing Mamoswine, Garchomp, Nidoking and Golurk or Krookodile in there. I haven't decided on who I want to leave behind, I also have a few others like Hippowdon and the Steelix that was traded to me in Cyllage City (and thus gains boosted EXP). Any advice? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Also, what is a good counter to a spamming destiny bond mega Banette? I think this move should be like protect, fail chance increase the more you use it.

Focus Sash leaves you with 1HP even after Destiny Bond, so that would be a good counter.

EDIT: Scratch that, apparently not. I was thinking of OHKO moves. You could use a defensive Pokemon and slowly beat it using Toxic, Leech Seed, Will-O-Wisp, or something similar.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    The Pokemon not required to receive the shiny charm are Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo Meloetta and Genesect.

Welp, obtained all Pokémon minus the event legendaries. Seen and obtained 705 PKMN.
    Aaannnddd the professor isn't giving me the Shiny Charm. -,-
    I guess I'll need the event legendaries after all. =/

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Okay, so I FINALLY found out that the pokemon in the profile card is the pokemon you have in Pokemon-Amie, but I still don't know what the star means, does anyone know for sure? Thanks!
    X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So i'm doing another Ground Monotype (for the Ultimate), and i've made it through Victory Road. Now all I have left is the Pokémon League, and while I know what i'll be doing for most of them, the one that has me really concerned is Siebold, for probably obvious reasons. Are there any good Ground-types that would really help for him? I know there's Quagsire who gets Water Absorb, but even that will only do me so much good. And Stunfisk, but that's weak to Gyarados' Earthquake.

I definitely plan on bringing Mamoswine, Garchomp, Nidoking and Golurk or Krookodile in there. I haven't decided on who I want to leave behind, I also have a few others like Hippowdon and the Steelix that was traded to me in Cyllage City (and thus gains boosted EXP). Any advice? Thanks!

Quagsire is definitely a good idea, Stunfisk is not. And Gyarados is part Flying, so you can just kill it with a Stone Edge or something. Just be careful of Intimidate. Barbaracle can be dealt with via a Ground attack.

Okay, so I FINALLY found out that the pokemon in the profile card is the pokemon you have in Pokemon-Amie, but I still don't know what the star means, does anyone know for sure? Thanks!
    X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

I think the star is the number of "Nice!"s you've gotten from other people.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back