• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • I was wondering is there a way to get mew or jirachi in pokemon x? Can i catch them? Please help a fellow trainer out.
    Nope, you can't catch them. Your only options are to trade for them or wait and see if Nintendo releases the event legendary Pokemon in the future.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I find I've been getting a lot of pokemon in dream balls all of a sudden but I don't know if they're real or not, what location should real dreamworld pokemon have?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I find I've been getting a lot of pokemon in dream balls all of a sudden but I don't know if they're real or not, what location should real dreamworld pokemon have?

I'm not really sure, but I think it's supposed to be Entree Forest. Anyway, if these Pokémon were bred, then chances of them being fake is sort of low. If their mothers were held inside Dream Balls, the children would inherit it and be in the same type of Poké Ball.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm not really sure, but I think it's supposed to be Entree Forest. Anyway, if these Pokémon were bred, then chances of them being fake is sort of low. If their mothers were held inside Dream Balls, the children would inherit it and be in the same type of Poké Ball.

I don't think a specific location would be listed. For example, the Gyarados I transferred up via PokeBank says this in its descrption: "Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region". It doesn't say eaxctly where I caught it in Johto.

So, if those Dream Ball pokes weren't bred in Kalos, the description should say they came from the Unova region. If they were bred in Kalos, there isn't really a way to tell, but I don't think the chances of them being hacked are that high.

Years
  • Digital Player ID?

I'm trying to get my Digital Player ID for the Beta Competition and my 3DS takes forever! I've been sitting here for half an hour, and it still doesn't work. I have a fast internet connection, and I've never had issues with anything else regarding Pokemon and Wi Fi, so any ideas?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I'm trying to get my Digital Player ID for the Beta Competition and my 3DS takes forever! I've been sitting here for half an hour, and it still doesn't work. I have a fast internet connection, and I've never had issues with anything else regarding Pokemon and Wi Fi, so any ideas?

should only take a little while, all i can suggest is try again later..

Also make sure you already have an account established at www.Pokemon-GL.com, if you don't that could be a reason why.

If you haven't yet, in your Pokemon X/Y game, go to the PSS, the yellow bottom screen that shows your friends//passerbys etc, open it's menu and choose Game Sync and set up your Pokemon-gl account.

If you have already, I'd say just try again later, there's absolutely no reason why it should take "30 minutes", yet alone 1 minute :|

Years
  • should only take a little while, all i can suggest is try again later..

Also make sure you already have an account established at ], if you don't that could be a reason why.

If you haven't yet, in your Pokemon X/Y game, go to the PSS, the yellow bottom screen that shows your friends//passerbys etc, open it's menu and choose Game Sync and set up your Pokemon-gl account.

If you have already, I'd say just try again later, there's absolutely no reason why it should take "30 minutes", yet alone 1 minute

I have set up my global link account and thankfully am eligible since I battled in competitions for black 2 and white 2, so I'm all set there. I'll just try the game sync thing again just in case thank you!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Do you need Nintedo ID in order to play X / Y?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

AH okay yeah, THAT'S what's happening, I forgot about that. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    does anyone know if theres a difference between breeding with males vs females other than the pokeball thing?

If you're talking about breeding with Ditto, the only other difference (I think) is that females are more likely to pass down their Ability when breeding with Ditto. If you're talking about breeding a male-female pair, then females take priority in passing down Egg Moves and the hatched Pokemon will always be a species from the female's line.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    does anyone know if theres a difference between breeding with males vs females other than the pokeball thing?

Females take priority over everything.

Male and Female breeding:

Female dictates species
    Female dictates Ability (if regular ability, 80% chance of it being the one the female has. If HA ability 60% chance to pass it on.)
    The Pokeball inheritance.
    Female has priority over Egg Moves.

Male/Ditto breeding:

Not much to compare as there is no female involved.

Female/Ditto breeding:

Not much to compare as there is no male involved.

Nature is determined at random unless you use Ever Stone. IVs are random unless you use the Destiny Knot or Power Items to force one over to the child.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    If you're talking about breeding with Ditto, the only other difference (I think) is that females are more likely to pass down their Ability when breeding with Ditto. If you're talking about breeding a male-female pair, then females take priority in passing down Egg Moves and the hatched Pokemon will always be a species from the female's line.

thanks

Females take priority over everything.

Male and Female breeding:

Female dictates species
    Female dictates Ability (if regular ability, 80% chance of it being the one the female has. If HA ability 60% chance to pass it on.)
    The Pokeball inheritance.
    Female has priority over Egg Moves.

Male/Ditto breeding:

Not much to compare as there is no female involved.

Female/Ditto breeding:

Not much to compare as there is no male involved.

Nature is determined at random unless you use Ever Stone. IVs are random unless you use the Destiny Knot or Power Items to force one over to the child.

how exactly do you check your pokemons ha ability btw? most of the technical and mathematical side of pokemon is completely foreign to me because ive always been the kind of player to catch and level pokemon that looked cool to me instead of building an army of perfect super soldiers lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    I need help with my competitive Porygon 2, it has:
    Ice beam
    Tri attack
    Psychic
    Recover

Should I swap some moves for Thunderbolt or HP Dark?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back