• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Welp, obtained all Pokémon minus the event legendaries. Seen and obtained 705 PKMN.
    Aaannnddd the professor isn't giving me the Shiny Charm. -,-
    I guess I'll need the event legendaries after all. =/

Hmmm.... Do we know for sure that the Shiny Charm is obtainable this generation?

And maybe you could try getting a Phione? Of all the event legendaries, it is the one that was breedable, and IS obtainable on the GTS. I think that would be mildly unfair of them to require Phione this time around... but it is a theory that you can try out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Welp, obtained all Pokémon minus the event legendaries. Seen and obtained 705 PKMN.

Maybe they won't need the event pokemon, but you did need the trio legendaries, right? Suicune, Entei, Raikou, or Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno and so on, correct? There's still a Trio that no one has caught yet, right? Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanian...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe they won't need the event pokemon, but you did need the trio legendaries, right? Suicune, Entei, Raikou, or Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno and so on, correct? There's still a Trio that no one has caught yet, right? Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanian...

I'm pretty sure Hoopa, Diancie, and Volcanion aren't going to be required for completion of the National Dex since they fall under the "we all know they exist but Game Freak likes to pretend they don't exist until they officially release them as events or release their event items" category of legendaries. Like Jirachi or Arceus.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm pretty sure Hoopa, Diancie, and Volcanion aren't going to be required for completion of the National Dex since they fall under the "we all know they exist but Game Freak likes to pretend they don't exist until they officially release them as events or release their event items" category of legendaries. Like Jirachi or Arceus.

so they WOULDN'T require the Trio, but they WOULD require the other event pokemon? Doesn't that seem equally obsurd? The poster had all 705 pokemon, so obviously SOMETHING is needed.

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    so they WOULDN'T require the Trio, but they WOULD require the other event pokemon? Doesn't that seem equally obsurd? The poster had all 705 pokemon, so obviously SOMETHING is needed.

Well the Legendary Trios aren't Event, so yeah.

IIRC, the only Pokémon that aren't needed for the Shiny Charm are: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well the Legendary Trios aren't Event, so yeah.

IIRC, the only Pokémon that aren't needed for the Shiny Charm are: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa.

Ah but we don't KNOW Hoopa, Volcanion and Diancie are event pokemon do we? they're not even aknowledged to exist, so aren't event pokemon given out, but in game pokemon don't count as event pokemon. People are simply assuming they're going to be event pokemon, but how do we know that? After all there's no Trio in this gen, and all the other gen's Trios have been required for Pokedex completion, so wouldn't it stand to reason this gen's Trio would as well? Maybe a certain real world date needs to pass and Gamefreak will unlock something in the games worldwide, perhaps a certain event has to happen (like the next movie or whatever) and then something gets passed out through wifi to get the ball rolling, maybe 1 year after the game's release, the train will start working and take the players somewhere that you can capture the three of them. After all, that list doesn't have Latios or Latias, yet the ONLY way to get them has been through event giveaways: via the EON Ticket or via the Enigma Stone both of which were event items, so why are THOSE event pokemon required to complete the dex, but not the gen 6 Trio?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Ah but we don't KNOW Hoopa, Volcanion and Diancie are event pokemon do we? they're not even aknowledged to exist, so aren't event pokemon given out, but in game pokemon don't count as event pokemon. People are simply assuming they're going to be event pokemon, but how do we know that? After all there's no Trio in this gen, and all the other gen's Trios have been required for Pokedex completion, so wouldn't it stand to reason this gen's Trio would as well? Maybe a certain real world date needs to pass and Gamefreak will unlock something in the games worldwide, perhaps a certain event has to happen (like the next movie or whatever) and then something gets passed out through wifi to get the ball rolling, maybe 1 year after the game's release, the train will start working and take the players somewhere that you can capture the three of them. After all, that list doesn't have Latios or Latias, yet the ONLY way to get them has been through event giveaways: via the EON Ticket or via the Enigma Stone both of which were event items, so why are THOSE event pokemon required to complete the dex, but not the gen 6 Trio?

Latias and Latios aren't event exclusive legendaries. You could catch them in R/S/E and HG/SS without any special event item. Hoopa, Diancie, and Volcanion are event legendaries because there is no way to get them without either hacking or a special event item that has yet to be released. Like how the only way to legitimately get an Arceus is either via an event giveaway of it or if you got the Azure Flute via an event.

It could be possible that the person trying to complete the National Dex has simply overlooked one Pokemon that they still need.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    After all, that list doesn't have Latios or Latias, yet the ONLY way to get them has been through event giveaways: via the EON Ticket or via the Enigma Stone both of which were event items, so why are THOSE event pokemon required to complete the dex, but not the gen 6 Trio?

Acctually, in R/S you captured Latios/Latias as a roaming Pokemon. Capturing the one that was not roaming on your version was how you got the other.

Similarily in HG/SS one roams, the other required an event.

In B2/w2 they are in the dreamyard without an event.

Years
  • Does anybody know what the odds are of a male passing down their hidden ability compared to a female, because I'm trying to breed my male Sneasel with Pickpocket and it doesn't appear to be passing his HA down very effectively.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Does anybody know what the odds are of a male passing down their hidden ability compared to a female, because I'm trying to breed my male Sneasel with Pickpocket and it doesn't appear to be passing his HA down very effectively.

Remember that males can only pass their DW/Hidden abilities when paired with Ditto. So I'd say the chances of males passing down their DW/Hidden abilities are the same as female DW/Hidden ability Pokemon paired with males of corresponding egg groups.

And I think Weavile is still better off with its regular ability than Pickpocket, IMO.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022

Latias and Latios are catchable even without the need of an event-only items in some games.

There is also no 'real' legendary trio this gen. Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa are most likely the event trio of gen. VI.

Question: On the GTS, you see some Pokemon to have the Kalos Pokedex logo next to their.name and some Pokemon to have a regular Pokeball. Is this because the Pokemon with the Pokeball are Pokebank exclusive, or because they aren't native to Kalos?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Does anybody know what the odds are of a male passing down their hidden ability compared to a female, because I'm trying to breed my male Sneasel with Pickpocket and it doesn't appear to be passing his HA down very effectively.

For females it's 60%, but for males I don't think anyone has calculated a solid figure. I've heard some people saying it's the same as females, but Serebii seems to imply it's lower. It can only pass it on when bred with a Ditto though, that much is known for sure.

dirkac

scarfmaster asterisk
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2023
    Does anybody know what the odds are of a male passing down their hidden ability compared to a female, because I'm trying to breed my male Sneasel with Pickpocket and it doesn't appear to be passing his HA down very effectively.

20%, but only if Breeding with Ditto.

People have gotten the Shiny Charm, missing only the ones I listed.

Also, Latias and Latios roam in Ruby and Sapphire, and the choice is given which one you want to roam in Emerald, so they're not Events.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    I have a charmander I bred and when I look at it in the PC BOX on the top screen SAys
    Attack: 6
    Defense: 6
    SP att. 6
    sp def 6
    speed 6
    wat does this mean
    the other charmanders
    are all like

Nothing has 6 in everything, does this mean I have a 6IV Charmander? Are perfect iv charmander?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Welp, obtained all Pokémon minus the event legendaries. Seen and obtained 705 PKMN.
    Do all the Pokémon you have caught have the Kalos symbol in the dex? Of course only the ones that can actually have it (everything breedable). I have no clue whether this matters so this is just an idea...
    Latias and Latios are catchable even without the need of an event-only items in some games.

There is also no 'real' legendary trio this gen. Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa are most likely the event trio of gen. VI.

Question: On the GTS, you see some Pokemon to have the Kalos Pokedex logo next to their.name and some Pokemon to have a regular Pokeball. Is this because the Pokemon with the Pokeball are Pokebank exclusive, or because they aren't native to Kalos?
    It means they are directly from bank and weren't hatched/caught in Kalos.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2014
    Dex No.: ???

So I got a Snorunt from Wonder Trade today, and its Summary says its Pokedex Number is ???
    I looked through the Pokedex, and it's not there at all.

What does this mean, if anything? Can I still use it and level it up and get it to evolve and all that? If it's some weird glitch, I don't want to make it worse somehow.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So I got a Snorunt from Wonder Trade today, and its Summary says its Pokedex Number is ???

What does this mean, if anything? Can I still use it and level it up and get it to evolve and all that? If it's some weird glitch, I don't want to make it worse somehow.

This means that Snorunt isn't native to the Kalos Dex. Any Pokemon not listed in the Kalos Dex is listed as "???" until you get the National Dex.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2014
    Okay, thanks. I just started my game yesterday, so I have no idea yet. I read something about a glitch with Wonder Trade, so it made me nervous.

Years
  • So I got a Snorunt from Wonder Trade today, and its Summary says its Pokedex Number is ???

You can still evolve it and train it though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back