• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    So I got a Victini today (which is amazing! The last few days have been awesome for Legendaries for me!) And all it's IVs are pretty good (in the high 20s or higher) however it's got an Adamant nature AND it's an event pokemon from the movie so it has V-Create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt and Searing Shot. They're all great moves but I was thinking of getting rid of the special moves and only keeping the physical ones, but if I decide to change my mind later, am I screwed? out of those moves, it ONLY seems to naturally be able to learn Searing Shot (even though V Create is a signature move) so if I used the move tutor to forget any of the other moves, would I be able to re learn them, or does the move tutor only teach a pokemon moves it can naturally learn levelling up so if I deleted Fusion Bolt or even V Create, even if for a level up move, can I get them back or once they're gone, they're gone? (this rule would likely apply to move tutor moves for other pokemon as well) and I was hoping someone who's actually deleted a move the pokemon can't learn by level up or TM and tried to re learn it responds, not someone who just assumes it works because it should. Thanks for any help!
    I know for egg moves you can relearn, so I'm fairly certain event moves work the same way. It's a simple check though, save right before deleting the move and check.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    So I got a Victini today (which is amazing! The last few days have been awesome for Legendaries for me!) And all it's IVs are pretty good (in the high 20s or higher) however it's got an Adamant nature AND it's an event pokemon from the movie so it has V-Create, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt and Searing Shot. They're all great moves but I was thinking of getting rid of the special moves and only keeping the physical ones, but if I decide to change my mind later, am I screwed? out of those moves, it ONLY seems to naturally be able to learn Searing Shot (even though V Create is a signature move) so if I used the move tutor to forget any of the other moves, would I be able to re learn them, or does the move tutor only teach a pokemon moves it can naturally learn levelling up so if I deleted Fusion Bolt or even V Create, even if for a level up move, can I get them back or once they're gone, they're gone? (this rule would likely apply to move tutor moves for other pokemon as well) and I was hoping someone who's actually deleted a move the pokemon can't learn by level up or TM and tried to re learn it responds, not someone who just assumes it works because it should. Thanks for any help!

If I remember correctly, the Move Relearner will only re-teach event moves (and egg moves as well, but that's a different story) that were distributed in Gen VI. It may not work on Gen V event moves, like Victini's V-Create.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Quote from bulbapedia: Unlike previous generations, if a Pokémon was bred or obtained in Generation VI, Madam Reminder can teach the Pokémon any moves it knew when hatched or obtained but has since forgotten. Non-level up moves that can be retaught are Egg moves, Volt Tackle bred onto Pichu, event-exclusive moves (such as the Pokémon Center Tokyo Bay Inkay's Happy Hour), and special moves (such as Pokémon Bank Celebi's Hold Back).

It does say obtained in gen 6, so I don't know if it'll work on a gen 5 event like Victini. In case nobody who actually tried it shows up, you could save, then replace those moves with some TM moves and check if the move reminder in Dendemille is able to teach them again. If it doesn't work, just quit without saving.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Does anyone know approximately how long the Server Lock is for? I was using Pokemon Bank and had it timeout on me, and when I tried reconnecting it now says: "Communication with the server was interrupted during your previous session, so the server has been locked"

So I am guessing it's like the gamelink where it locks you out for a while.. however I really hope the timeout isn't as long as that >.> as that one is 3 hours... if it is that long, that would make the service really broken in my opinion especially when the disconnection wasn't our fault and gamefreak's lack of a "retry" option when timedout >.>

Has anyone experienced this and know how long it took for your services to work again :)?

p.s. as a bonus, I decided to may as well use Poke Transporter in the meantime only to discover that I can't even use Poke Transporter, as I am greeted by the same message >.>

Update** took up to 30 minutes :|

Last edited:

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    anyone got a list of all the special conditional evolutions? Trades, trade+item, special place, amie hearts. Etc.

also, I've used two different Y's with my bank and had no issues....

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    anyone got a list of all the special conditional evolutions? Trades, trade+item, special place, amie hearts. Etc.

also, I've used two different Y's with my bank and had no issues....

-Evolve at level 30 while 3DS is held upside-down (Inkay > Malamar)
    -Evolve at level 32 with a Dark Pokemon on the team (Pancham > Pangoro)
    -Evolve by level-up with Remoraid on the team (Mantyke > Mantine)
    -Trade specific species (Karrablast > Escavalier, Shelmet > Accelgor)
    -Evolve at level 39 during a specific time of day (Tyrunt > Tyrantrum, day; Amaura > Aurorus, night)
    -Evolve at level 50 when it's raining in over world (Sliggoo > Goodra)
    -Gender-based evolution (male Burmy > Mothim, female Burmy > Wormadam, female Combee > Vespiquen)
    -Evolve at level 20 based on stats (Tyrogue > Hitmonlee (Atk > Def), Hitmonchan (Atk < Def) or Hitmontop (Atk = Def))

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    are you winding me up with the Inkay one? That's hilarious if it's real!
    any idea for leafeon and glaceon?

I'm afraid the Inkay evolution method is true, mate. It's a reference to how Malamar is an upside-down version of its pre-evolved form.

To evolve Eevee into Leafeon, level up Eevee in Route 20 (the Moss Rock should be the first thing you see when you enter the route). To evolve Eevee into Glaceon, level it up in Frost Cavern (Surf is needed to access the Icy Rock).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I finally got my Mew into X. Whats a good moveset for him

Mew sets (note that the Defog hazard control set needs a Mew transferred from Gen IV):
    -Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Roost
    -Psychic/Ice Beam
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/152 Def/108 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

or
    -Nasty Plot
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Aura Sphere
    -Shadow Ball/Fire Blast
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Leftovers

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Anyone else have issues with trying to transfer some non-hacked Pokemon into X/Y?

Trying to transfer my Gen IV Xatu, nothing overly special about it, except it's been bred to have 5 Perfect IVs, I even did the capturing and breeding myself, Has it's hidden ability, and eggmove simple beam..

Then my Timid Mewtwo, same thing, nothing overly special about it, standard IVs but perfect in speed and sp attack, normal moveset as expected for mewtwo, etc.

but PokeTransporter rejects them both.

Anyone else have similar issue with non-hacked/non-generated Pokemon?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Anyone else have issues with trying to transfer some non-hacked Pokemon into X/Y?

Trying to transfer my Gen IV Xatu, nothing overly special about it, except it's been bred to have 5 Perfect IVs, I even did the capturing and breeding myself, Has it's hidden ability, and eggmove simple beam..

Then my Timid Mewtwo, same thing, nothing overly special about it, standard IVs but perfect in speed and sp attack, normal moveset as expected for mewtwo, etc.

but PokeTransporter rejects them both.

Anyone else have similar issue with non-hacked/non-generated Pokemon?

Generated pokemon ftw >.> i don't understand why pokemon bank wouldn't let me transfer these two, however I just decided to give generating 2 pokes a try (even gave Xatu 6 IVs instead of 5, in other words, hacked) and they actually transferred!!! but my legitimate ones didn't... wtf GameFreak...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    -Evolve at level 30 while 3DS is held upside-down (Inkay > Malamar)
    -Evolve at level 32 with a Dark Pokemon on the team (Pancham > Pangoro)
    -Evolve by level-up with Remoraid on the team (Mantyke > Mantine)
    -Trade specific species (Karrablast > Escavalier, Shelmet > Accelgor)
    -Evolve at level 39 during a specific time of day (Tyrunt > Tyrantrum, day; Amaura > Aurorus, night)
    -Evolve at level 50 when it's raining in over world (Sliggoo > Goodra)
    -Gender-based evolution (male Burmy > Mothim, female Burmy > Wormadam, female Combee > Vespiquen)
    -Evolve at level 20 based on stats (Tyrogue > Hitmonlee (Atk > Def), Hitmonchan (Atk < Def) or Hitmontop (Atk = Def))

obviously we can look up how to evolve these and other special pokemon, but is there anything in game that tells us how to evolve them, or if we didn't have access to internet we would just never find out? because a lot of them I don't see how anyone would be able to figure them out

Years
    obviously we can look up how to evolve these and other special pokemon, but is there anything in game that tells us how to evolve them, or if we didn't have access to internet we would just never find out? because a lot of them I don't see how anyone would be able to figure them out
    I haven't seen anything in the games that tells you how to do that. It would be nice if you could figure it our yourself this way. As for never finding out without using the internet: there are always these game guide books you cna buy which have this kind of information.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back