• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    obviously we can look up how to evolve these and other special pokemon, but is there anything in game that tells us how to evolve them, or if we didn't have access to internet we would just never find out? because a lot of them I don't see how anyone would be able to figure them out

Whenever I play a new game for the first time, I go in completely blind precisely so I can stumble upon these fun little quirks (which is difficult when spoilers are everywhere, but I more or less managed it for X and Y). I think the idea is to make the game less predictable, so that you can accidentally "discover" features you didn't know existed, and then experiment with them. That way the game has more replay value. The internet kinda ruins it though. In Gens I and II, I remember being so excited when I discovered shinies and Pokerus, since I didn't use the internet back then :P (Although I agree that the Inkay evolution would be pretty impossible to find out on your own...)

Is the Nintendo Network ID a paid service? Do we need to pay for anything to get it? (im too lazy to read all the information they have to accept xD).

No, it isn't. Anything that doesn't ask for your card details when you sign up is pretty safe to assume to be free.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Anyone happen to know what spot(s) Zekrom likes to get petted the most in Pokémon Amie?

Lightning86

Phoenix Force
    Years
  • Needing a bit of help!

Hey Everyone :)

I'm pretty new to all this but really loving Pokemon X so far!
    But I'm a bit stuck on what Pokemon I need on my team!

I have just gotten my 5th Badge!
    I know I want to keep my Slyveon in my team as it's my fave!
    Also wanting to use my newly hatched Togepi :D

But I am a bit clueless what else to use.

Some tips would be great!

Years
  • Ok, so I'm now deprived from sleep because of this, so basically I transferred my old pokes to Pokebank and fortunately all of them got through. and after I open Pokebank I received my BP and saved, then I opened the app again ang received the Celebi and placed my old Pokes to my Gen 6 game, and everytime I try to save my 3DS says I could not connect to the Internet ._. so basically what's the problem? The Pokebank Server or my place?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Anyone happen to know what spot(s) Zekrom likes to get petted the most in Pokémon Amie?

Apparently it's thighs above the knees.

Ok, so I'm now deprived from sleep because of this, so basically I transferred my old pokes to Pokebank and fortunately all of them got through. and after I open Pokebank I received my BP and saved, then I opened the app again ang received the Celebi and placed my old Pokes to my Gen 6 game, and everytime I try to save my 3DS says I could not connect to the Internet ._. so basically what's the problem? The Pokebank Server or my place?

if it happens every time you try to save, I THINK it's because you have your Gamesync set to automatically sync every time you save. It was always a huge pain because it would always take so long to connect just to tell me the Gamesync servers were down AGAIN so I just turned off automatic game sync by going into the little circle button at the top of the screen in the PSS screen, select Game Sync, select Settings then turn Auto Sync off. Manually Gamesyncing is just fine, so maybe that will help.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    I think I asked this a long time ago in this thread, but where can I find the EV-training (Gen VI) thread?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Just use your favourites; there's really no wrong choice (assuming this is your in-game team) :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

You should probably give Talonflame a try. You should get one with its Hidden Ability—Gale Wings. With the combination of Gale Wings and Brave Bird, it could cause some major havoc; it'd be nearly impossible to stop. Gale Wings Talonflame can't be found until post-game, though, so if you want one early, you'd have to look for them on GTS. Along with that, maybe you should also try Diggersby. :]

Last edited:
    Years
  • Apparently it's thighs above the knees.

if it happens every time you try to save, I THINK it's because you have your Gamesync set to automatically sync every time you save. It was always a huge pain because it would always take so long to connect just to tell me the Gamesync servers were down AGAIN so I just turned off automatic game sync by going into the little circle button at the top of the screen in the PSS screen, select Game Sync, select Settings then turn Auto Sync off. Manually Gamesyncing is just fine, so maybe that will help.

Ok I'll try that.. thanks btw

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I have some math processing I am wondering for a move..

Does anyone know what EVs and Base Power adds to attacks? is it straight forward? added? or some sort of calculation/fraction, etc?

What I am trying to figure out is how much Power my Xerneas hits with Dazzling Gleam after getting hit with Simple Beam (thanks Genesect) + Geomancy which causes +4 stage (300%) increases.

Dazzling Gleam alone is a 80 Power move, Xerneas being a fairy type gets STAB, so becomes a 120 power move.

and with the 300% sp. atk increase, that power becomes 360.

however I am wondering how Base Power and Effort Values factor in?

Xerneas is Modest and has a Perfect Sp. Atk IV (31), so it's base sp atk is maxed at 397. Xerneas also has a maxed out 252 Sp. Atk EV.

So I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this calculation and let me know exactly how much power that Dazzling Gleam hits for.

Is it just basic addition? 360+252+397 or some sort of fraction or % or algorithm?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have some math processing I am wondering for a move..

Does anyone know what EVs and Base Power adds to attacks? is it straight forward? added? or some sort of calculation/fraction, etc?

What I am trying to figure out is how much Power my Xerneas hits with Dazzling Gleam after getting hit with Simple Beam (thanks Genesect) + Geomancy which causes +4 stage (300%) increases.

Dazzling Gleam alone is a 80 Power move, Xerneas being a fairy type gets STAB, so becomes a 120 power move.

and with the 300% sp. atk increase, that power becomes 360.

however I am wondering how Base Power and Effort Values factor in?

Xerneas is Modest and has a Perfect Sp. Atk IV (31), so it's base sp atk is maxed at 397. Xerneas also has a maxed out 252 Sp. Atk EV.

So I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this calculation and let me know exactly how much power that Dazzling Gleam hits for.

Is it just basic addition? 360+252+397 or some sort of fraction or % or algorithm?

Here's the damage formula. Note that EVs aren't taken into account.

Also, if I were you, Moonblast >>>>>>>> Dazzling Gleam.

Edit: more info here.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Ok last night I was checking out the pokebank, I used my white 2 game, well today I wanted to transport some of my shinys over from my regular white game and got a message, don't remember it fully, but it said that cart was different and I may lose any pokemon did I want to proceed, ok my question is when I get all of my shinys over I want to transport from another game, will I lose what I have in the bank if I do that?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    question about...

i have a question. can pokemon in a cherish ball battle on the battle spot like online? because i have tons of cherish ball pokemon but i wanna battle with them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    This new color scheme is giving me a headache wrapped in an epileptic seizure so I can't spend that much time looking around, but what happened to the great big link at the top of the forums to the Traders market? I didn't bookmark that thread and I tried looking for it but I just can't do it for very long.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Here's the damage formula. Note that EVs aren't taken into account.

Also, if I were you, Moonblast >>>>>>>> Dazzling Gleam.

Edit: more info here.

Thanks, however I play triples most, so Moonblast is < Dazzling Gleam. Where I can HOKO 3 or heavily damage them at once as compared to only taking out one pokemon, leaving two to potentially kill xerneas if my other two "clean up" pokes aren't effective against them.

Also i ended up finding a nifty damage calculator on Pokemon Showdown https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

At level 100:

+4 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Dazzling Gleam vs. Yveltal Hits with a whopping 1178-1388 damage!!! (299.7 - 353.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

and if Xerneas lands a critical hit: 1766-2082 (449.3 - 529.7%)!!!

and against the bane of Xerneas, the most resisting of all...

+4 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 390-459 (113.3 - 133.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+4 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 560-659 (172.8 - 203.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO, (70.3 - 83% if shielded).

Last edited:

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • If I breed a hidden ability Ditto with a Pokemon that does not its hidden ability, is there a chance that the hidden ability will be passed down? What if both parents have their hidden ability?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • If I breed a hidden ability Ditto with a Pokemon that does not its hidden ability, is there a chance that the hidden ability will be passed down? What if both parents have their hidden ability?

Ditto cannot pass hidden abilities to a different species pokemon.

Only the female of the same species has a 80% chance to pass it, Only if ditto is not used as the male. if it is ditto, i think it drops to 60%

And if both the male and female have the hidden ability, it doesn't make much difference, still a 4/5 chance from the female

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability#Abilities_and_breeding

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Ditto cannot pass hidden abilities to a different species pokemon.

Only the female of the same species has a 80% chance to pass it, Only if ditto is not used as the male. if it is ditto, i think it drops to 60%

And if both the male and female have the hidden ability, it doesn't make much difference, still a 4/5 chance from the female

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability#Abilities_and_breeding

Actually, the chance of a female passing down its Hidden Ability is always 60% regardless of whether you're using Ditto or a male Pokemon in the same Egg Group. It's only 80% for regular Abilities.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability#Hidden_Abilities

Ok last night I was checking out the pokebank, I used my white 2 game, well today I wanted to transport some of my shinys over from my regular white game and got a message, don't remember it fully, but it said that cart was different and I may lose any pokemon did I want to proceed, ok my question is when I get all of my shinys over I want to transport from another game, will I lose what I have in the bank if I do that?

I think that is referring to the transport box in the Bank. If you have Pokemon in that box and then upload more from a different game via Poke Transporter, they may be overwritten.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back