• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Question for anyone with a battle Pokemon with the ability Unnerve.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unnerve

Is Unnerve broken in X&Y?

There are 19 Pokemon total that can have this ability, mostly hidden, and it is a great ability to have in battle as it's suppose to "cause the opponent to be unable to eat its own held Berry". so it's great to stop berries such as Chesto (for rest users), and stop Pokemon from gaining health back with Sitrus berries.

I personally use a JPN event exclusive Mewtwo on my team who has this hidden ability, however I discovered even though I send Mewtwo out in battle, and it does actually flash his ability on the side and state "the opposing team is too nervous to eat any berries", however it appears to be broken because their berry still works (sitrus regains health, chesto wakes them up, etc) while Mewtwo is actively standing across from them.. regardless if Mewtwo was sent out before or after them. Probably an overlooked bug/glitch?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Maybe one of the Pokemon on the field has Mold Breaker? Other than that, it sounds like a glitch, yeah.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Unnerve is supposed to block all consumption of berries for your opponent if I'm not mistaken, but since it isn't working for you, I would definitely say it's a glitch. Personally, though, I've never experienced this. d: I'm not sure, but maybe it's got something to do with your Mewtwo being Japanese?

I doubt it has to do with Mewtwo's region, i mean it still does show it in battle that it's active.. so there shouldn't be any reason why it's not working O: so i guess only reason why it doesn't, is an oversight on Gamefreak's end (a bug) :<

I guess only way to verify this is if someone else had a different pokemon with that ability that they use in battle and have noticed overtime that it hasn't stopped any opponent from consuming berries..

Maybe one of the Pokemon on the field has Mold Breaker? Other than that, it sounds like a glitch, yeah.

Even when no one has an ability that breaks my ability it still doesn't work. i.e. against a chesto rest shuckle/suicune, or a variety of sitrus berry users.

Also looking at https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mold_Breaker_(Ability)
    It appears that Unnerve isn't an ability that Mold Breaker affects (it's not listed)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2014
    Shiny Charm?

Well. My question is how to get Shiny charm? You just need to SEE those 705-706 pokemons or actually OWN THEM AT LEAST ONCE for full pokedex entry? Cause i just spoke with Professor in Lab with 708 Pokemons which i saw/breed/catch and all i got was Oval Charm.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Well. My question is how to get Shiny charm? You just need to SEE those 705-706 pokemons or actually OWN THEM AT LEAST ONCE for full pokedex entry? Cause i just spoke with Professor in Lab with 708 Pokemons which i saw/breed/catch and all i got was Oval Charm.

You gotta catch 'em all :P

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    You have to catch all of the Pokemon EXCEPT Event Legends. The list excludes

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Manaphi, Phione, Arceus, Victini, Meloetta, Keldeo, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion.

You have to catch/own the data for 705 different species of Pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    LOL, umm yea, you have to actually catch each pokemon, it sucks trust me, also there is 718 btw

There's a handful you don't have to get in order to get the Shiny Charm. The event legendaries. I think its these ones you don't have to catch to get the Shiny Charm:

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Dexoys, Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, Manaphy, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Hoopa, Volcanion, and Diancie.

Though I think I'm forgetting one or two....

EDIT: Derp, I got ninja'd, and Khrysta even had the ones I was missing. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2014
    Good i took care of all legendaries, well i gotta evolve/breed missing 100 pokemons :/ Thought i will get it in 200 hours in game :d Thanks for the info.

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
    Years
  • Okay, so how accurate is the IV rater in Kiloude City? I have a Regice that the IV rater said it had oustanding potential, and complimented all 6 of its stats. Does this mean i have a 6 IV pokemon? I need an honest answer please.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay, so how accurate is the IV rater in Kiloude City? I have a Regice that the IV rater said it had oustanding potential, and complimented all 6 of its stats. Does this mean i have a 6 IV pokemon? I need an honest answer please.

If he says, "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it.", that means that the Pokemon has a 31 IV in the appropriate stats.

Read for more info

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • So is it true that pokebank can corrupt your save file?

No, I remember that being proven to be a false rumour made up to scare people.

I guess only way to verify this is if someone else had a different pokemon with that ability that they use in battle and have noticed overtime that it hasn't stopped any opponent from consuming berries..

I actually remember this happening to me a while ago. I was training a Fraxure (with Unnerve) in the Friend safari and battled several wild Audino's, who were still able to eat their Oran/Sitrus berries despite Fraxure's ability.

I had completely forgotten about that until now but I remember it being weird. So perhaps the ability is somehow broken.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • How can i exchange my pokemiles for bps in pokebank?

When you leave Pokemon in the bank for a while, you earn Pokemiles and right when you open the bank you'll get the option to turn them into BP instead.

Example: I uploaded a few boxes of Pokemon when the bank first opened. Now, 10 days later, I opened the bank up again and was given the option to take either 60 Pokemiles or turn them into 6 BP.

I don't think you can trade other pokemiles (earned in game) for BP, but I could be wrong.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Might be more suitable for Battle Center Q/A but I don't feel like double posting, so here it goes. Ok so I'm on Battle Spot, and all throughout the game my priority moves are messed up. Mega-Banette has Prankster, but I found that Will-O-Wisp was going after some of the other moves. Also, and this is the only concrete one I remember, a Feraligatr Aqua Jet went after a Zapdos. Zapdos to my knowledge has no priority moves, or Gale Wings, so I was rather confused. Mamoswine was their other Pokemon, which doesn't have some random ability that cancels out priority as far as I'm concerned. Just would like to know if I'm missing something really obvious, or if Doubles has different (or no) priority mechanics, etc. I'm going to assume they still exist, because my paralyzed Banette was able to get off a Destiny Bond before Mamoswine attacked.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Might be more suitable for Battle Center Q/A but I don't feel like double posting, so here it goes. Ok so I'm on Battle Spot, and all throughout the game my priority moves are messed up. Mega-Banette has Prankster, but I found that Will-O-Wisp was going after some of the other moves. Also, and this is the only concrete one I remember, a Feraligatr Aqua Jet went after a Zapdos. Zapdos to my knowledge has no priority moves, or Gale Wings, so I was rather confused. Mamoswine was their other Pokemon, which doesn't have some random ability that cancels out priority as far as I'm concerned. Just would like to know if I'm missing something really obvious, or if Doubles has different (or no) priority mechanics, etc. I'm going to assume they still exist, because my paralyzed Banette was able to get off a Destiny Bond before Mamoswine attacked.

As a triple battler and a user of priority moves, never had that happen to me..
    That's weird if priority moves were broken o.O there's no moves that could break priority moves, i.e. mold breaker. Not even Trick Room can break them... Only things that could beat your priority moves are other priority moves of higher stages (i.e. quick guard is faster than fake out) or a Pokemon who's faster in speed stat and using the same priority stage (i.e. a jolly talonflame vs adamant talonflame).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Might be more suitable for Battle Center Q/A but I don't feel like double posting, so here it goes. Ok so I'm on Battle Spot, and all throughout the game my priority moves are messed up. Mega-Banette has Prankster, but I found that Will-O-Wisp was going after some of the other moves. Also, and this is the only concrete one I remember, a Feraligatr Aqua Jet went after a Zapdos. Zapdos to my knowledge has no priority moves, or Gale Wings, so I was rather confused. Mamoswine was their other Pokemon, which doesn't have some random ability that cancels out priority as far as I'm concerned. Just would like to know if I'm missing something really obvious, or if Doubles has different (or no) priority mechanics, etc. I'm going to assume they still exist, because my paralyzed Banette was able to get off a Destiny Bond before Mamoswine attacked.

The Mega Banette one I think I can answer. Move order is determined at the very start of a turn, so Prankster technically has no effect on the turn you mega evolve:
    Bulbapedia said:
    Since movement order is determined before any moves are used (except changes due to Quash and After You), the Pokémon's new Speed or Ability will not affect movement order on the turn during which it Mega Evolves.
    So once it had been mega evolved for more than a turn, Prankster was in effect, which allowed Destiny Bond to go before Mamo.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back