• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elements1

Meh
Years
  • Personally I would not use this Articuno, it's not a very good competitive pokemon anyway. If your talking about the in-game then it's fine.
    Here is a competitive setup :)

Item: Life Orb
    EV:
    252 Sp. Atk
    252 Spd
    4 Sp.Def/Def

Moveset
    Ice Beam/Blizzard (Blizzard has higher power but lower accuracy)
    Hurricane
    Roost
    Ancient Power

If you want a competitive pokemon go with Mamoswine.

Item: Life Orb
    EV:
    252 Atk
    252 Spd
    4 HP

Moveset
    Icicle Crash
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Superpower

Goodluck!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2014
    This damn Eevee won't evolve!

Ok, I got traded a lil Eevee Lv.1 Impish with Perfect 5V male. I gave him bunch of Zinc and HP Up, then max SP Def star and Hp stat, fill in the end a lil of Def stat. Then with Befriend Lv.3 I walk around the Elec Eifel Tower Round and ROUND.

I rare candied this ♥♥♥♥♥ until level 33. Needed the Baton Pass Move.

Then I fight with him at night only, massage this ♥♥♥♥♥, Use battle items on it, and still nothing.

Lady says Eevee is happy to be with me forever, (yeah right) but not enough for evolving???

How do I know when it will be ready to evolve??

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Ok, I got traded a lil Eevee Lv.1 Impish with Perfect 5V male. I gave him bunch of Zinc and HP Up, then max SP Def star and Hp stat, fill in the end a lil of Def stat. Then with Befriend Lv.3 I walk around the Elec Eifel Tower Round and ROUND.

I rare candied this ♥♥♥♥♥ until level 33. Needed the Baton Pass Move.

Then I fight with him at night only, massage this ♥♥♥♥♥, Use battle items on it, and still nothing.

Lady says Eevee is happy to be with me forever, (yeah right) but not enough for evolving???

How do I know when it will be ready to evolve??

It sounds to me like it's ready to evolve. It seems to have maximum happiness judging from that quote. Bear in mind you have to level it up for it to evolve, it won't just evolve as soon as it hits the right level of happiness. Is it holding an Everstone?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2014
    It sounds to me like it's ready to evolve. It seems to have maximum happiness judging from that quote. Bear in mind you have to level it up for it to evolve, it won't just evolve as soon as it hits the right level of happiness. Is it holding an Everstone?

LOL it's holding nothing!! Now it's level 43 and still nothing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Hello, I am trying to get the Hatching Power, but I couldn't found the O Power guy who gives Encounter Power (he is not in the Laverres' pokemon center).

Help please!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2014
    Hello, I am trying to get the Hatching Power, but I couldn't found the O Power guy who gives Encounter Power (he is not in the Laverres' pokemon center).

Help please!

Need Max Style and all O powers , and it's in a café after that

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    How can I get a dunsparce with body slam on X/Y? Could anyone help me get one? If I get one and I breed it would that move transfer to the babys?

(Please PM with the answer or I will forget I posted this and keep getting more frustrated)

Thanks!

Years
  • How can I get a dunsparce with body slam on X/Y? Could anyone help me get one? If I get one and I breed it would that move transfer to the babys?

(Please PM with the answer or I will forget I posted this and keep getting more frustrated)

Thanks!

Dunsparce doesn't learn Body Slam outside of tutoring, it can only be obtained by transfer because it learns the move via the Move Tutor in FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald which means it will need to go through a lot of transfers, to 4th Gen then 5th Gen and then through Pokemon Bank to 6th Gen. Remember that transfer from 3rd to 4th Gen can only work on a DS or DS Lite, and not a DSi or 3DS.

Yeah, pretty difficult process here.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • How do you get Apricorn ball starters in XY? I thought only the female could pass down balls, and Ditto counts as male, so I don't see how it's possible.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • How do you get Apricorn ball starters in XY? I thought only the female could pass down balls, and Ditto counts as male, so I don't see how it's possible.

Like PlastinumDude said it's impossible, though for future reference ditto's can be either male or female though if bred as a female the pokemon will always appear in a pokeball.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Advice on Umbreon and Espeon?

I know how to get those two, but I just got Espeon already and now I want Umbreon. How should I make an Eevee full happiness and not use it overday?

Years
  • My advice on getting Eevee's happiness maxed out easily is to give Eevee a Soothe Bell (you can get one in Shalour City) and then use the bicycle a lot. Cycling back-and-forth on Route 7 is the best way to raise happiness quickly due to the route being one long straight path.

And you can always save before attempting to evolve Eevee so you can see if you need to boost happiness a bit more, and remember Umbreon evolves from Eevee in the night time. Good luck!

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • go to Le Wow in Lumiose city (at night) and do triple battles with exp share on and holding a soothe bell it doesn't even have to be in the battles it will level and it gains happiness from leveling and will evolve in 1 or 2 runs of the triple battles (you can do this for all happiness evolves)

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    My advice on getting Eevee's happiness maxed out easily is to give Eevee a Soothe Bell (you can get one in Shalour City) and then use the bicycle a lot. Cycling back-and-forth on Route 7 is the best way to raise happiness quickly due to the route being one long straight path

I recommend you to go in luminalia, on the tower gym, u can get in your bike and put something that stucks the joystick to the left or right, and u can let you 3ds/2ds running nonstop, let it that like 5 minutes and the happines must be maxed in that time
    U can see how in this vieo https://www.youtube .com/watch?v=OBKhPHrLa0Y

Edit: delete the space between youtube and .com xD i made that because i don't have enough posts to put links i think

Years
  • I recommend you to go in luminalia, on the tower gym, u can get in your bike and put something that stucks the joystick to the left or right, and u can let you 3ds/2ds running nonstop, let it that like 5 minutes and the happines must be maxed in that time
    U can see how in this vieo https://www.youtube .com/watch?v=OBKhPHrLa0Y

Yeah I know that's an option, but Route 7 is also good since it's a long route that goes in one straight line.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back