• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Where can I find another destiny knot.I already got the 2 destiny knots and I accidentally traded the another one.

You mean besides the two you get in Lumiose and Cyllage, right? You can get more from the Graffiti Eraser Lv. 1 mini-game at the Pokemon Global Link.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Cloning Question

So... Is there a 100% percent fool proof way to clone? Is there a different success rate between 2 3ds and using a 3ds and a 2ds? And what is the time difference between shutting your game off if you use a 3ds and 2ds? I wanna buy a 2ds since it would be much cheaper than getting another 3ds but I heard the success rate is much lower using a 2ds instead.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • The trading methood always sounded risky to me... =/

I would suggest getting a Powersave, it's only 30 dollars, and you only need one 3ds, and the PokeBank. Plus, you can copy your save file if you screw something up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    I'm pretty sure a Powersave is the most surefire way, can't screw up your game too I think. The trading method will take a few tries... and I dunno, it sounds a little risky

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I used to do the time thing and I have a 2ds. The time thing is the same for both 2ds and 3ds there is no time difference though the power button takes a bit long to press (Milliseconds) so you may need to change for that.
    The tricks I learned:
    -Initiate the trade with the one that's NOT turning off first
    -If it says "connection with other trainer interrupted" = pressed to late
    -If it instantly has a black screen = pressed to early

Though I would highly recommend powersave :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    How can I unlock a third pokemon in friend safari. Me and my friend have: beaten the game and is online at the same time and yet our third pokemon hasn't been unlocked... what gives?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    How can I unlock a third pokemon in friend safari. Me and my friend have: beaten the game and is online at the same time and yet our third pokemon hasn't been unlocked... what gives?

by "beaten the game", do you mean you both have already defeated the PKMN League?
    if so, then try and soft/hard reset your games. =/

Years
  • How can I unlock a third pokemon in friend safari. Me and my friend have: beaten the game and is online at the same time and yet our third pokemon hasn't been unlocked... what gives?

by "beaten the game", do you mean you both have already defeated the PKMN League?
    if so, then try and soft/hard reset your games. =/

The requirements to have the third Friend Safari Pokemon unlocked is the player owning the safari has to beat the Elite Four and also be online at the same time as you at least once. Once those requirements are met, the third Pokemon will become available, along with the chance of encountering Pokemon with hidden abilities.

Also, on an additional note, if someone has Vivillon as their third Pokemon it'll still show up as a Poke Ball instead of its own sprite so keep that in mind when you're looking in the Bug-type safaris that have Vivillon. No other Pokemon are affected by this.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    this is a breeding question about passing on the move. Pokemon has to KNOW the move before passing on to egg. By knowing, i am talking about like every pokemon can only have four moves at a time so the move that will be passed on has to be one of four moves right?
    can forgotten move be passed on?

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    this is a breeding question about passing on the move. Pokemon has to KNOW the move before passing on to egg. By knowing, i am talking about like every pokemon can only have four moves at a time so the move that will be passed on has to be one of four moves right?
    can forgotten move be passed on?

Yes, the parent need to actually have the move when you put it in the daycare, it can't be a move that was forgotten.

Also, not every move can be passed down. You need to check the list of egg moves for a certain Pokemon on sites like serebii.net for example.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Interersting Question:

I registered a friend in my 3DS to use the friend Safari. I am in the understanding that each friend Safari has 3 Pokemon of the same type chosen based on the friend code. My friend only has 2 Pokemon which are ground. Is this normal? Or is there some sort of condition met to unlock the third Pokemon?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Interersting Question:

I registered a friend in my 3DS to use the friend Safari. I am in the understanding that each friend Safari has 3 Pokemon of the same type chosen based on the friend code. My friend only has 2 Pokemon which are ground. Is this normal? Or is there some sort of condition met to unlock the third Pokemon?

They must've beaten the Elite 4 and you must've been online at the same time as them at least once.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • A long time ago I asked here regarding whether the mother or father's egg moves take priority for the child, and was informed that the mother's always takes precedence. I bred a Female Bellsprout with Encore/Weather Ball/Giga Drain/Belch with a Male Venusaur with Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb/Synthesis/Sleep Powder, and all 20 children had Synthesis/Encore/Weather Ball/Belch. The parents were put in the daycare in that order and all moves are listed in the order they had them too.

Is there something I'm missing?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    A long time ago I asked here regarding whether the mother or father's egg moves take priority for the child, and was informed that the mother's always takes precedence. I bred a Female Bellsprout with Encore/Weather Ball/Giga Drain/Belch with a Male Venusaur with Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb/Synthesis/Sleep Powder, and all 20 children had Synthesis/Encore/Weather Ball/Belch. The parents were put in the daycare in that order and all moves are listed in the order they had them too.

Is there something I'm missing?

I'm assuming that the moves were passed down in this order: first the father's, and then the mother's, so any moves it had from the father may be dropped. So the order was:
    1. Giga Drain
    2. Synthesis
    3. Encore
    4. Weather Ball
    5. Belch

Giga Drain was dropped because it was passed down from the father, so maybe deleting it from your Venusaur may work? Then, your babies should have the same moveset as the mother's, because Synthesis will be dropped. Again, I'm just assuming.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I'm assuming that the moves were passed down in this order: first the father's, and then the mother's, so any moves it had from the father may be dropped. So the order was:
    1. Giga Drain
    2. Synthesis
    3. Encore
    4. Weather Ball
    5. Belch

Giga Drain was dropped because it was passed down from the father, so maybe deleting it from your Venusaur may work? Then, your babies should have the same moveset as the mother's, because Synthesis will be dropped. Again, I'm just assuming.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. It will have added the father's moves first (Giga Drain and Synthesis, in that order) then added the first two of the mother below that (Encore and Weather Ball), then skipped the mother's Giga Drain because it was already there, then finally added Belch to the bottom of all that, pushing Giga Drain out. Pretty neat (and I expect rare) example, this kind of situation had never even crossed my mind before.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Ok I am only posting this here because I am trying to get a poke from my 4th gen. game to my 6th gen. game, it's the TRUTH gyarados I have, it keeps telling me that it has an HM move which I deleted all moves and put another one one there so I would be able to delete bounce, and it still says that, any help please??

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Ok I am only posting this here because I am trying to get a poke from my 4th gen. game to my 6th gen. game, it's the TRUTH gyarados I have, it keeps telling me that it has an HM move which I deleted all moves and put another one one there so I would be able to delete bounce, and it still says that, any help please??

Which move did you teach it so you could delete Bounce? I honestly can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to transfer it over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back