• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Two people have added me and they say that they have different types of pokemon in my friend safari. Why is this? Could it have something to do with me playing two different versions of X and Y over the time that they were adding me?

PS: If there is a thread that explains this, I apologise.

How MANY different types of pokemon do they say you have, because everyone gets 3 types of pokemon in their friend Safari (two if you haven't finished the game yet)

Unless you mean different actual pokemon types, if so, which ones? Because there are a lot of mixed type pokemon in the friend safari too

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Two people have added me and they say that they have different types of pokemon in my friend safari. Why is this? Could it have something to do with me playing two different versions of X and Y over the time that they were adding me?

PS: If there is a thread that explains this, I apologise.
    What type your Friend Safari is and which Pokemon are in it are linked to your 3DS and not the game itself. You could have 50 different copies of X and Y, but as long as you use the same 3DS, all your X's and Y's will have the exact same Safari.

What exactly did they tell you?

CJC

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    Apparently, I have either a steel type friend safari, with Fortress and Ferroseed or a normal type friend safari, with Teddiursa and Mincinno.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Apparently, I have either a steel type friend safari, with Fortress and Ferroseed or a normal type friend safari, with Teddiursa and Mincinno.
    Are you using 2 different 3DS systems then? If not, then one of them must be mixing you up with someone else or something.

rhydon91

THE Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Masuda Method question

I have a question about using the Masuda Method. I know using two Pokemon from the same region does not work (Japan & Japan in US game) but what if you used two different foreign Pokemon (Japan & French in US game.) Does that increase the chances of a shiny even further, or is it the same. I can't seem to find an an answer to this question online.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have a question about using the Masuda Method. I know using two Pokemon from the same region does not work (Japan & Japan in US game) but what if you used two different foreign Pokemon (Japan & French in US game.) Does that increase the chances of a shiny even further, or is it the same. I can't seem to find an an answer to this question online.

yes, two PKMN from other regions will work for MM.

The Masuda method involves breeding two Pokémon created in games of different countries.
    Source~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • But will it further increase the chance?

No, the chance remains the same if you use two different-language Pokemon in a game with a language different than the other two Pokemon. So a Japanese and English Pokemon in a French game only has the same odds as an English Pokemon and a Japanese Pokemon in an English game, for instance.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    No, the chance remains the same if you use two different-language Pokemon in a game with a language different than the other two Pokemon. So a Japanese and English Pokemon in a French game only has the same odds as an English Pokemon and a Japanese Pokemon in an English game, for instance.

what about using a pokemon from England and a pokemon from Australia in a North American game? They're from different regions than the game they're being bred in, but they're all in English, so would the Masuda Method still work or does it NEED to be a different language?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    what about using a pokemon from England and a pokemon from Australia in a North American game? They're from different regions than the game they're being bred in, but they're all in English, so would the Masuda Method still work or does it NEED to be a different language?

As long as one or both parents have different region tags next to their names.
    A quick research gives me that the tags are JP, GER, ITA, SPA, FRA, KOR, and ENG. So no, I don't think there's a tag for England and Australia.

Years
  • How does the memory girl in Anistar City work? Someone told me that if she says 'the pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember...' that the pokemon is hacked. I tested this on multiple pokemon, and she says this with my Serperior, which was my starter pokemon in my Pokemon White game before I transferred it to Y.
    So I don't understand how she works..

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    How does the memory girl in Anistar City work? Someone told me that if she says 'the pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember...' that the pokemon is hacked. I tested this on multiple pokemon, and she says this with my Serperior, which was my starter pokemon in my Pokemon White game before I transferred it to Y.

Event PKMN(like the GTS Vivillon and Diancie) and PKMN transferred from other games will have that message from the Memory Girl. It does not really mean that they're hacked, but they were not 'caught' in your X/Y game. Don't worry too much about it. ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How does the memory girl in Anistar City work? Someone told me that if she says 'the pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember...' that the pokemon is hacked. I tested this on multiple pokemon, and she says this with my Serperior, which was my starter pokemon in my Pokemon White game before I transferred it to Y.

It's not REALLY a hack check, although it kind of is. Basically if a Kalos born Pokemon (with the Hexagon) has no memory, it was hacked (or is just newly hatched or just given out as a gift pokemon via mystery gift or some other gift means and therefore would have no memory). The problem though is that if it's not Kalos born, it still won't have a memory because pokemon before gen 6 never had this mechanic, so everything from Black 2 and White 2 down will also not have a memory. So I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you have a Kalos pokemon. Even the pokemon from older games that don't have memories will develop them if you go out and do stuff with them, so go do stuff with them! :D

Is there an item that makes your pokemon heavier? I googled it and every message board I find says it's the Iron Ball, but serebii says the Iron Ball makes you slower: https://www.serebii.net/itemdex/ironball.shtml so is there an item that makes your pokemon heavier or not? Thanks!

Edit: And also, I have heard different things too, do the items that slow your pokemon down ACTUALLY slow them down (as in reduce the stat in battle (but not numerically that you can see) so that moves that need slower stats would benefit from the pokemon holding the item) or does it simply put them in a lower speed priority so their stat is actually the same and the moves that need a slower speed stat are unaffected?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there an item that makes your pokemon heavier? I googled it and every message board I find says it's the Iron Ball, but serebii says the Iron Ball makes you slower: https://www.serebii.net/itemdex/ironball.shtml so is there an item that makes your pokemon heavier or not? Thanks!

Edit: And also, I have heard different things too, do the items that slow your pokemon down ACTUALLY slow them down (as in reduce the stat in battle (but not numerically that you can see) so that moves that need slower stats would benefit from the pokemon holding the item) or does it simply put them in a lower speed priority so their stat is actually the same and the moves that need a slower speed stat are unaffected?
    I'm pretty sure that there's no item that makes you heavier. Iron Ball does cut the actual Speed stat of your Pokemon, as do the Power items. Lagging Tail just affects turn order/priority.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    This may be an obvious question but I haven't found the answer online, just the percentage of how much you get healed from a single enemy, however, when using Shell Bell in a double or Triple battle and using a move that hits all the opponents (Earthquake, Rock Slide, Surf, etc) do you get 1/8 of the damage inflicted from all 3 opponents as HP recovered, or is it something else? (like an average or something) I am presuming it's 1/8 of the damage from each of the 3 opponents, but it doesn't seem like people use the item enough to post definitive answers

And speaking of which, the above question is going to be for my torterra who has Shell Armor, and was going to have the moves earthquake, Hammer Arm/Seed Bomb (not sure which yet), Rock Slide (to cover all the rest of it's type weaknesses) and originally Wide Guard, but then I got a Turtwig with Amnesia so I was now debating about whether to go with Amnesia instead of Wide Guard and I just don't know which move to go with. Even if Wide Guard not usable against the opponents (just in case they don't use multi target moves against my party) it's great if the rest of my party is because it protects my own party from damaging each other using those moves against the opposite party. My initial goal was to breed both Amnesia AND Wide Guard on the Turtwig and then decide later, but having bred two 4 IV parents together I just happened to get the perfect IV spread (Adamant with 31/31/31/x/31/31) so now I don't really know if I should bother trying to breed Amnesia onto it since I already just happened to get my perfect Iv spread Turtwig and it was born with Wide Guard and Seed Bomb so I really don't know if I should go to the effort of Amnesia instead of Wide Guard. Thanks for the input!

Last edited:
    Years
  • What are some solid items for Umbreon in competitive battling scene? I already have a pokemon holding Leftovers so thats out.

Umbreon @______
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Synchronize
    -Toxic
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Payback
    IV: 6 31IVs
    Evs: 252Sp.Def/252HP/4Def

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What are some solid items for Umbreon in competitive battling scene? I already have a pokemon holding Leftovers so thats out.

Umbreon @______
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Synchronize
    -Toxic
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Payback
    IV: 6 31IVs
    Evs: 252Sp.Def/252HP/4Def
    If Leftovers is not an option, then your best bets are probably a Sitrus Berry or a Roseli Berry. Not the most amazing options, but there's just not a whole lotta items that are good for competitive battles.

Which is why I don't like Item Clause.

Agenta

General Breeder
    Years
  • Breeding question

Ok, so I know any foreign Pokemon can only come from other places but I have heard that Japanese ditto is a really sought after thing. Why is this Pokemon so desirable? Does breeding a us pokemon with a jap ditto result in a jap Pokemon?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back