• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today

X/Y Quick Questions and Answers

If you are looking for some help/have some questions regarding Pokémon X and Pokémon Y or have an answer to one of the questions posted here, then you're in the right place. Before you start posting though, please take a look at these guidelines first:

Thread Rules
-This thread is not for chatting or discussions; questions and answers only please.
-Don't post and/or ask about ROM hacks in this thread, there's a whole ROM Hacking section for that. Don't ask here about emulators either.
-This thread is not for trade, battle, or Friend Code requests. Those go elsewhere.
-Oh yeah and you can make thank you posts.
-All PokeCommunity and X/Y rules still apply, just in case you thought they didn't.

Helpful Links
-Need to make a trade? Try here.
-Looking for other people to battle? Use this thread.
-Need help with building a competitive team? You'll wanna look here.
-Want to add more people to your 3DS friends list or need Friend Safaris? We got you covered over here.

Previous Q&A thread is here.

There is also an FAQ. Check it out to see if that happens to answer your question.

Alright people, ask away!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Is there any math on the mechanics of Sleep? Cause I hav been trying to catch Entei for horus now (and resetting when it gets the wrong nature or an IV in a stat I won't use, etc) so all told I am estimating around 70 - 80 turns of just putting it to sleep and throwing repeat balls I have been fighting Entei. Now, I have been using Sleep once I get it's HP down to 1 and TWICE it has stayed asleep more than one turn. Every single other time without fail it goes to sleep the turn I use the sleep move on, and then wakes up the very next turn after I have thrown ONE pokeball. The 75% chance of burning, and it knowing to use Swagger the same turn I use Full Restore (even if it was the turn AFTER it already used Swagger!) is getting extremely frsutrating so I just want to know the mechanics of sleep if possible because it seems like absolutely every other pokemon (deoxys and Rayqauz included) at least SOMETIMES stay asleep for more than half a turn!

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Don't know where this go but question is darkrai shiny with Kalos pentagon, possible or not?
There was one event where they gave anyway Darkrais during the showing of the Diancie movie in Japan or something, so if that event wasn't shiny locked it could be possible.

I'd ask in this thread though to make sure:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304470

The people down there would know more about this kind of thing.

@Howmander: I think you just had some really shitty luck there

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
When should I renew Pokemon Bank? I don't want to do it too early because I still have days left that I don't want to go unused, but I don't want to risk doing it too late either just in case I lose everything. Has anyone else renewed theirs yet? Does the year start from as soon as you pay, or is it added onto the end of whatever days you currently have left?

KururuMan

Advanced Hacker
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2015
I hope this is not a dumb question, but how do you remove your skin color so you can see through your characters face? People (hackers) online do it and unless they are using a rom I probably have the equipment to do so, too. I just don't know how.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I've never heard of that, would you happen to have a pic showing us what you mean?

KururuMan

Advanced Hacker
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2015
When should I renew Pokemon Bank? I don't want to do it too early because I still have days left that I don't want to go unused, but I don't want to risk doing it too late either just in case I lose everything. Has anyone else renewed theirs yet? Does the year start from as soon as you pay, or is it added onto the end of whatever days you currently have left?

You do not lose everything once your pass expires. Once this happens, you are unable to upload Pokemon to the bank, but you can bring them back as you please. From that standpoint, you should wait until the day after your pass expires.

Let me find a pic of the no face thing. Might be a while. Edit: i.ytimg.com/vi/dwtNMnj8QMg/hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

kartöflur

actual potato
Years
There are Diggersby in Centrico Plaza... Do you think there's any connection to the fact that a Clemont has a Bunnelby in the anime?

Years
There are Diggersby in Centrico Plaza... Do you think there's any connection to the fact that a Clemont has a Bunnelby in the anime?

I don't really think they're there intentionally, given the games are often made before the anime. So I'm just assuming the Diggersby are there just for aesthetic purposes.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I'm STILL having trouble figuring out what to do with my Smeargle so any suggestions would be great (except for Mind Reader + Sheer Cold, I already have that in the back of my mind but has been using that since Gen 3 so I am just looking for something to change things up, also don't suggest a Baton Passer because I also already have a second Smeargle specifically for that, this smeargle I want to use as an actual attacker of some sort)

Which is more useful:

Transform
Dark Void
Confuse Ray
Leech Seed

or

Transform
Dark Void
Gastro Acid
Leech Seed

Basically in both sets I'm trying to put the opponent to sleep long enough to load up status effects and then transform into it so I can then attack it. I thought of moves to lower it's attacks, but then when I transform into it my attacks are lowered too. Basically the only thing I am set on is having Transform, everything else is pretty open.

(note: disregard my previous question, I did find out that using Gastro Acid first then tranform does NOT negate you from getting the original ability of the pokemon you're copying)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm STILL having trouble figuring out what to do with my Smeargle so any suggestions would be great (except for Mind Reader + Sheer Cold, I already have that in the back of my mind but has been using that since Gen 3 so I am just looking for something to change things up, also don't suggest a Baton Passer because I also already have a second Smeargle specifically for that, this smeargle I want to use as an actual attacker of some sort)

Which is more useful:

Transform
Dark Void
Confuse Ray
Leech Seed

or

Transform
Dark Void
Gastro Acid
Leech Seed

Basically in both sets I'm trying to put the opponent to sleep long enough to load up status effects and then transform into it so I can then attack it. I thought of moves to lower it's attacks, but then when I transform into it my attacks are lowered too. Basically the only thing I am set on is having Transform, everything else is pretty open.
I'd say the second one. Confusion is kinda unreliable, and most Pokemon really don't like losing their ability. Even if they switch out, the incoming Pokemon will lose its ability to Gastro Acid.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I'd say the second one. Confusion is kinda unreliable, and most Pokemon really don't like losing their ability. Even if they switch out, the incoming Pokemon will lose its ability to Gastro Acid.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, I'll do the second moveset and try it out and see how it works out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Good Grinding Location(s)

Hello! I am in the midst of trying to complete a 'live' Pokedex for the Kalos region and I have encountered a problem of sorts. I can't seem to level my Pokemon up in a timely manner. For instance, Noibat, Tyrunt, and Aurorus are the stinkers that come to mind. Does anybody know a good location with high leveled Pokemon? [Besides Victory Road{XD}] Or trainers that have decent 'mons? Thanks in advance. :)

Years
Personally, the area i'm most content with is using Sweet Scent in Terminus Cave and battling the Durant there. With those, you'll get over 4000 EXP with the Lucky Egg after one horde. It's not terribly fast, but it'll tide you over at least long enough to get the evolutions or reach to Level 50 you may need.

Years
A great place to grind is against certain trainers in the Battle Chateau (the Furisode Girls there) who use only Audino on their teams, and with a Black Writ of Challenge in effect they get to around Level 55/65 which allows them to give sizable chunks of EXP.

It's recommended to have the Exp. Share on, by using a stronger Pokemon to defeat the Audinos while the rest of the team mooch off the EXP. The trainers in question are unlocked once you reach the Marquis/Marchioness rank.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There's the route on the right side of Victory Road, the Battle Chateau, your rival, and the Elite Four. Those are the highest levels you can get.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
Does anyone know how to upload the VS. Recorder battles from the SD card to the PC. I know you can't just simply put the SD card directly into the PC and search the files. I've looked on the internet but not really found an answer either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back