• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    Am I the only one that wants a male Ampharos named, "Fabio Lambzoni"?

You, sire, deserve a cookie. Times 5 million. And 1. Remind me in a few years, and your dreams may come true.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Am I the only one that wants a male Ampharos named, "Fabio Lambzoni"?

Not sure, but I wouldn't name my Ampharos that. I wouldn't be naming it anything, in fact—I would just simply call it Ampharos. xD Also, since this isn't promoting much discussion, I'm merging your thread with X/Y Quick Q&A.

Merged.

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    Wait some time, a lot of people use Global Link, so it's gonna have that error a lot. Try again in an hour.

I have a question about breeding.

If you breed a Ditto in a Poke Ball with for example, a female Bunnelby in a Great Ball, will the baby Bunnelby be in a Poke Ball or a Great Ball?

The child will be in a Great Ball. The child will always be in the same ball as the mother in any pairing e.g.
    -Ditto (Repeat Ball) + Female(Ultra Ball) = Child (Ultra Ball)
    -Male (Dive Ball) + Female(Ultra Ball) = Child (Ultra Ball)

To add on to that, the child's pokeball is not affected by the male's pokeball. e.g.
    -Male (Nest Ball) + Female (Dusk Ball) = Child (Dusk Ball)

Also, if you were to breed a male and ditto, the pokeball would always change to a regular Poke Ball e.g.
    -Ditto (Repeat Ball) + Male (Luxury Ball) = Child (Poke Ball)

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2013
    Have him sketch it. You can either have him battle a pokemon that knows Ice punch (the hard way) or you can use him in a double battle with one of your pokemon that knows ice punch and have him sketch it when they use it. (the easy way)
    There's just one small problem. I dont own any pokes with ice punch and i dont know which pokemon i can meet in the game who has it :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • There's just one small problem. I dont own any pokes with ice punch and i dont know which pokemon i can meet in the game who has it :/

Jynx, Medicham, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Abomasnow and Hitmonchan can learn Ice Punch. For the former four, Ice Punch is a Heart Scale/Move Relearner move (but for Jynx, it's a level-up move, but you need the Move Relearner for it regardless). The latter can learn it by level-up.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    So looking at Swellow's movepool, I see that in gen 4 it could learn steel wing via TM. But in gen 5, it could not (for some odd reason, GF removed it?)
    Is this still the case in Gen 6? Can someone with the TM for steel wing confirm?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So looking at Swellow's movepool, I see that in gen 4 it could learn steel wing via TM. But in gen 5, it could not (for some odd reason, GF removed it?)
    Is this still the case in Gen 6? Can someone with the TM for steel wing confirm?

According to sources, you should be able to teach Steel Wing to Swellow in X and Y. Haven't personally tried it, but, yeah. Not sure why you couldn't teach Swellow this move via TM in gen five, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Pikachu With Different Tails?

I have noticed recently while wonder trading that my American pikachu has a normal tail, but the Japanese version has a "butt" shaped tail, with two semi-circles. This intrigues me, do pikachu from other places also have subtly different tails, or is this just a Japan exclusive?

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Actually, it's just gender modifications. I find both types of tails in the forest. Normal tail is male and the curved tail is female.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    It's actually a male/female thing. The notched tail is a female Pikachu, while a Pikachu with just the straight-edged tail is male.

Edit: Ah, too slow. :P

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I have noticed recently while wonder trading that my American pikachu has a normal tail, but the Japanese version has a "butt" shaped tail, with two semi-circles. This intrigues me, do pikachu from other places also have subtly different tails, or is this just a Japan exclusive?

Not Japanese exclusive, but since generation 4 female Pikachu have had a heart shaped tail and male Pikachu have a normal tail. Many gender differences were introduced since then and it's something that has been in the games for a while . More gender differences here.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Nope, not a Japanese exclusive. I can see the confusion though, i was confused when i first saw pikachu's female form. I thought my game gliched xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    pokemon gender

i will only catch/use a pokemon that is male. female is completely out of the question for me(blissey is the only exception), so i was wondering if anyone else is the same way either for male or female

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have noticed recently while wonder trading that my American pikachu has a normal tail, but the Japanese version has a "butt" shaped tail, with two semi-circles. This intrigues me, do pikachu from other places also have subtly different tails, or is this just a Japan exclusive?

Like people have stated already, it's just a difference between male and female Pikachu. I like tail of the male ones, personally. xD Since this is a question, by the way, it doesn't need to have its own thread; I'm merging this with X/Y Quick Q&A.

Merged.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back