• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hey guy. I was just wondering if the max amount of perfect IVs a single Pokemon can have is five, or if they can have all six perfect IVs. If the answer is five, then does special attack count as an stat that can have perfect IVs?

They can have all 6 max, including Sp. Atk.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2014
    Attack stat determines the power of your physical moves, and strength of your special moves is determined by Special Attack. Fire Punch and ThunderPunch are physical; Gust is special. If you want to know what moves go into what category, search "attackdex" on Google and visit the first result. :)

Also, I'm merging your thread with X/Y Quick Q&A.

Merged.

Thx buddy. Very Helpfull. But i have another one:
    Can Pokemon X/Y trade pokemons with Black/White2 and Gold/Silvers Remake?
    Thx.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Thx buddy. Very Helpfull. But i have another one:
    Can Pokemon X/Y trade pokemons with Black/White2 and Gold/Silvers Remake?
    Thx.
    When Poke Bank comes out, you have the ability to transfer Pokemon from the Gen V games to X/Y, but not with the Gen IV games.
    I know, but it's blummin' shiny!!
    I can't just box it!

While shiny Pokemon look pleasing, not all of them have the natures/IVs to be competitive. I, for one, keep shines because of their value, and only use them when they have good IVs (seen with a Blissey I bred myself, as well as a couple of shines given to me by trade).

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I have quick question,
    Iv seen someone on a twitch chanal offering to duplicate a shiny throu a trade glitch or exploit. Is this possable or just a scam? Im asuming it is a scam and i view that as a cheated pokemon any way but was curios if this is real or not.

And the blue hexogon(or what ever shap it is) is that to conform a pokemon is legit or not?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I have quick question,
    Iv seen someone on a twitch chanal offering to duplicate a shiny throu a trade glitch or exploit. Is this possable or just a scam? Im asuming it is a scam and i view that as a cheated pokemon any way but was curios if this is real or not.

And the blue hexogon(or what ever shap it is) is that to conform a pokemon is legit or not?

The blue hexagon means that the Pokemon was obtained through legitimate means.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
    I have quick question,
    That person could be offering a legitimate service, but it's more likely a scam. I lost two shinies once to someone who offered to do that exact thing for me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    When using the Masuda Method, if your pokemon only "seem to get along" instead of "seem to get along very well" does this affect the method as well or just the amount of time it takes to get eggs?
    Just that my Electrike seems to be taking A LOT longer than all the others did.

Last edited:

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    getting both X and Y?

I got X just after it came out and played to crap out of it, and now considering if it's worth it or not to get Y. I want to start a new game without losing all the pokemon I got now and i don't want to wait for the Pokemon Bank to come out.

Just wondering if there are any benefits of owning both?Are there any differences besides pokemon exclusives?

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    Well besides the pokemon exclusives, there's also the item exclusives. Except for the exclusives there's not really any reason to have both unless you just like collecting them. xD

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
    Team Flare's plan is ever-so-slightly different between versions, but that's the only difference besides version exclusives.

Years
    Team Flare's plan is ever-so-slightly different between versions, but that's the only difference besides version exclusives.

I mean no disrespect but I must have missed something... Ive beat y and bear x traded over stuff from x and restarted x again and I don't see any difference in between versions as far as team flares plans. Yveltal and xerneas make changes to some of the dialogue but really only place I can remember that being different is in the mans house in anistar and really the only difference in the dialogue there is what happens when xerneas/yveltals time is up and their vitality runs out.

Really the only difference is exclusives, but I got y for charizard y and mew two y and to me it was worth it. I mean it was super fun to replay the story again also.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    When using the Masuda Method, if your pokemon only "seem to get along" instead of "seem to get along very well" does this affect the method as well or just the amount of time it takes to get eggs?
    Just that my Electrike seems to be taking A LOT longer than all the others did.
    This only affects the amount of time it takes to get eggs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I got X just after it came out and played to crap out of it, and now considering if it's worth it or not to get Y. I want to start a new game without losing all the pokemon I got now and i don't want to wait for the Pokemon Bank to come out.

Just wondering if there are any benefits of owning both?Are there any differences besides pokemon exclusives?

As people have said already, there's really not much difference aside from version-exclusives. If you want to own both, though, then go ahead. After all, it's your choice! :) Also, this doesn't need to have its own thread, so I'm merging it with X/Y Quick Q&A.

Merged.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    As people have said already, there's really not much difference aside from version-exclusives. If you want to own both, though, then go ahead. After all, it's your choice! :) Also, this doesn't need to have its own thread, so I'm merging it with X/Y Quick Q&A.

Merged.

think there could be a way to clean it up a bit? lumping all the questions into one 100+ thread doesn't really help anyone, just makes the answers harder to find. Probably cut down on threads like mine too.

Outlier

Guys I ran into another shiny! And this time it was a ****ing Moltres! I'm so excited to catch this thing. I saved after it fled because you don't get a chance to catch it the first time you meet it.

Two questions. Will the Moltres be shiny every time I encounter it from now on? Including when I eventually narrow it down to Sea Spirit's Den?

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    5IV Croagunk question

Ok So I'm in such a dilemma.

I've got 3x 5IV Croagunk where they lack following...

5IV and miss Speed
    5IV and miss HP
    5IV and miss Defense

Which one shall I use for my team in competive play? Remaining ones shall I store for 5IV breeding of course!

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Because I'm pretty sure that I want the other Iv's they all got but not sure which one of these 3 stats that I can live without.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2013
    ok quick question, i have a vulpix with its HA and 4 perfect Iv's in Spc. defense spc. attack speed and HP but i want defense as well, i have a ditto with a defense iv and im breeding it with my vulpix thats holding a destiny knot, is there a chance that the dittos defense IV will transfer to the offspring who will have the other stats of the mother thats holding the knot?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back