• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    I still haven't found the psyshock TM yet. I know it's on Victory road but, in spite of scouring through it with the dowsing machine I still haven't found it. Anyone know more specifically where it is?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hi!

Is it possible to get the hidden ability of the starters in the start of the game? (When you pick a starter)
    No. Hidden/Dream World Ability starters are available in Friend Safari only.
    I still haven't found the psyshock TM yet. I know it's on Victory road but, in spite of scouring through it with the dowsing machine I still haven't found it. Anyone know more specifically where it is?

Quoted from Bulbapedia:
    After exiting the second cave's rock pit through its the southeast exit, in a secluded cave.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    Thanks, platinum dude, I shoulda checked bulbapedia *facepalm*.

I have a few more questions but I'm not sure if this thread is the right place for them....but anyway I'll give it a go.

- How can you discern IVs in XY in a more precise way than the Kiloude City guy? Are the highest IVs limited to a few statistics per pokemon (i.e., the number of total potential IVs is set lower than if every stat were maxed?)

- Do female pokemon still pass on their hidden abilities to offspring in XY?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Thanks, platinum dude, I shoulda checked bulbapedia *facepalm*.

I have a few more questions but I'm not sure if this thread is the right place for them....but anyway I'll give it a go.

- How can you discern IVs in XY in a more precise way than the Kiloude City guy? Are the highest IVs limited to a few statistics per pokemon (i.e., the number of total potential IVs is set lower than if every stat were maxed?)

- Do female pokemon still pass on their hidden abilities to offspring in XY?

Females can still pass their DW/Hidden abilities to offspring, like before. Males can do that too, but only if the mother is Ditto or if the mother shares the same species or evolutionary line.

You can also Rare Candy up your newly hatched offspring to see if it has the IVs you want (IV readings are more accurate the more higher-leveled the Pokemon is). Just save beforehand if you want to keep the Rare Candies of course.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    Thanks again. Another question I have pertaining to breeding and IVs - so far I've only had offspring with "outstanding" IVs from a pokemon whose IVs were already outstanding. Is it possible to breed one whose IVs are outstanding from two parents who are "relatively superior"?

Also, I have a lot of pokemon who had outstanding movesets in BW with the use of the movetutor, which they don't have access to in XY. I'm guessing there's no way of accessing these moves for the pokemon in question in XY?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Thanks again. Another question I have pertaining to breeding and IVs - so far I've only had offspring with "outstanding" IVs from a pokemon whose IVs were already outstanding. Is it possible to breed one whose IVs are outstanding from two parents who are "relatively superior"?

Also, I have a lot of pokemon who had outstanding movesets in BW with the use of the movetutor, which they don't have access to in XY. I'm guessing there's no way of accessing these moves for the pokemon in question in XY?

1. Yes, even though the IVs will be passed down randomly from each parent (1 from each parent, 1 from a random parent, while the other three are randomly generated). To make things easier, have a parent hold the Destiny Knot, which passes down 5 IVs from the parents.
    2. Roost and Dark Pulse regained their TM status in X/Y. You have to wait till Poke Bank for the other tutor-exclusive moves, I'm afraid.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm in the middle of EV training my Xerneas and I came across a shiny Vanillite! It's in a horde and I plan on wiping out 4 of the Vanillites then catching the shiny.

One question. In 6th gen you now get exp from catching a pokemon. Does that mean we get an EV from the pokemon we catch as well?

You gain EVs as soon as you're hit with experience points, so probably. I'm not a hundred-percent sure, though.

Years
    Can somebody exchange friend codes with me I don't have many friends on my 3ds:(
    I play Pokémon X,Kingdom Hearts,Pokémon rumble blast,Mario Kart 7 and a few others,3ds friend code at the bottom
    Please send me your code so we can exchange!
    mii name-Glitter
    Please exchange soon:)

Last edited:

AKPorcupine

Yes, Follow the Light...
    Years
    Alright, so I thought Facade said:

"Damage is doubled if the target has a status condition"
    And I was going to teach it to my Arcanine.

But it actually says:

"Damage is doubled if the user has a status condition"

I'm very disappointed.

Does anyone know a powerful move, that increases if the target has a status condition?
    Specifically Burns. Not Venoshock, which is Poison.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

But it actually says:

I'm very disappointed.

Does anyone know a powerful move, that increases if the target has a status condition?

Hex is the only move I know that does increased damage if the target has a status infliction.

Venoshock and Venom Drench are the only two moves that deal with Targeted Poisoned Pokemon.

I think there is one that deals more damage to sleeping Pokemon and removes the sleep as well.

Hex to my knowledge is the only one that doesn't specifically state a status infliction.

AKPorcupine

Yes, Follow the Light...
    Years
    Ok so, I've seen a lot about perfect IV's and all that but i'm kinda confused as to what they are. I know they're to do with like breeding and the Super Training. So right now i'm currently breeding Charmanders to get a shiny, after i've hatched a batch of 5 i look at all their stats. and some of them have 6 across the board. Is this what people mean by IV's or what? I just want to know because when I start training up my shiny Pokemon I want to make them as strong as possible, via IVs, Super Training and use of Pokemon-Amie.

EVs and IVs are extreeeemely complicated. You can train EVs, which are what go up when your Poke' does super training, and when it gains experience. IVs are pre-determined stats, that are hidden, and decide how high your poke'mon's stats will go. You can't see them.

Go here for the whole story.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=308720

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hex is the only move I know that does increased damage if the target has a status infliction.

Venoshock and Venom Drench are the only two moves that deal with Targeted Poisoned Pokemon.

I think there is one that deals more damage to sleeping Pokemon and removes the sleep as well.

Hex to my knowledge is the only one that doesn't specifically state a status infliction.

But it actually says:

I'm very disappointed.

To build on to what Xander said, Facade is best off used on Pokemon that have Guts, Quick Feet and Toxic Boost; they can easily take advantage of being statused. These Pokemon include, but are not limited to, Heracross, Conkeldurr, Swellow, Ursaring, and Zangoose.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Do NPC Trainers (as in, everyone but the XY player characters) have other in-game "artwork" aside from their VS 'Sprites' (digitized Ken Sugimori artwork, it seems) and their overworld 3D models?

From what I've seen, only the player characters have 3D models that are actually used during a battle (like when Calem/Xavier or Serena/Yvonne is sending out a Pokemon at the start of a battle). Thanks for answering in advance.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I did all of that but am not seeing the stones, like the one in the gym and the one near victory road that are supposed to be sparkling?
    You can only find Mega Stones from 8-9 PM.
    Do NPC Trainers (as in, everyone but the XY player characters) have other in-game "artwork" aside from their VS 'Sprites' (digitized Ken Sugimori artwork, it seems) and their overworld 3D models?

From what I've seen, only the player characters have 3D models that are actually used during a battle (like when Calem/Xavier or Serena/Yvonne is sending out a Pokemon at the start of a battle). Thanks for answering in advance.
    Lysandre and Prof. Sycamore use their 3D models when sending out a Pokemon. If that's not what you're looking for, Korrina also has a secondary Vs. artwork when you battle her in the Tower of Mastery.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I know that, but heard on a youtube vid that you can set the clock back and that's what I did, does that not work?

Past Pokemon games that used internal clocks, if you reset your time, you lose out on all time based events for 24-48 hours as the game resync with the system.

If you can't really get them all in one go, then just do it at different times or try to not have anything to do during that select time frame.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back