• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    What exactly does Flower Veil protect against? My Gogoat couldn't be Toxiced because of my Florges' ability, eventhough it's description only states it protects against the lowering of stats. Neither Bulbapedia nor Serebii mention anything about Toxic or status effects in general, so I'm a bit confused why Gogoat couldn't be Toxic'ed. Does it protect my Gogoat from all mayor status effects?

Flower Veil only protects against stat changes (like your Attack being lowered). It doesn't prevent status effects. They're two different things.

Flower Veil prevents the lowering of the stats of the Pokémon's Grass-type allies, unless the stat reduction is self-inflicted, such as from moves like Leaf Storm or Close Combat.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Has anyone heard anything about the 3 possible legendary releases? Or anything related to mystery gifts?

As far as I'm aware, there have been no news on them recently. Unfortunately, these Pokémon still remain unreleased. Not sure when they'll be announced officially, but my best guess is that it'd be sometime between January and March. d:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    What are the most recommended natures, as well as the most recommended HPs, for Zapdos this generation?

Timid for offensive sets (Zapdos is still outclassed by both Thundurus formes offensively), Calm/Bold for defensive sets. Ice is the recommended Hidden Power type.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2014
    Pokemon X team help!

Hello, I am searching for help building a pokemon team for pokemon X. I have beaten the game before, but got bored and restarted. I am currently holding off on my adventure until I get a team with the following traits:

-Is resistant to every type and supereffective against every type.

-Can hold most essential HMs and Rock Smash

-Includes one of the kalos starters

-Includes one mega evolutionary pokemon

-is available during the storyline, before elite four, and does not require trade or breeding to achieve pokemon

This may be a difficult task, but I would be severely thankful to whoever can fulfill it. If you have any questions, you can message me. I will be getting the pokemon in the team I choose DURING my journey, I am not setting up the team before I delete my game (which is already deleted) and trading it over, so please keep that in mind when choosing the pokemon. Thank you! :D

Last edited:

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    Hello, I am searching for help building a pokemon team for pokemon X. I have beaten the game before, but got bored and restarted. I am currently holding off on my adventure until I get a team with the following traits:

-Is resistant to every type and supereffective against every type.

-Can hold most essential HMs and Rock Smash

-Includes one of the kalos starters

-Includes one mega evolutionary pokemon

-is available during the storyline, before elite four, and does not require trade or breeding to achieve pokemon

This may be a difficult task, but I would be severely thankful to whoever can fulfill it. If you have any questions, you can message me. I will be getting the pokemon in the team I choose DURING my journey, I am not setting up the team before I delete my game (which is already deleted) and trading it over, so please keep that in mind when choosing the pokemon. Thank you! :D

I would recommend using this area for your question. This thread if you're looking for simple in-game help only, with no EV training in mind.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Um... what is the deal with the move "Powder" that Vivillon knows? I just fought a Blaziken with speed boost over wifi and while my EVs are trained in Speed and Sp At for my Vivillon, the Blaziken should have outsped me but I seemed to always use Powder before the Blaziken ( I don't think it could be THAT much slower than Vivillon and it kept using Blaze kick because I don't think they thought I was going to keep using that move) so after 2 - 3 hits (maybe? I wasn't paying attention as I was sure I was gonna die any minute, I just didn't want to waste a move switching in a pokemon) the Blaziken fainted! What the heck? Is Vivillon that much faster than Blaziken even with speed boost? Does Blaze Kick always go last? (I think it was blaze kick, I was kinda skipping through the text waiting to switch in another pokemon after Vivillon died, basically it was a fire move that kept exploding on Blaziken is all I can tell you.) I'm assuming it must not have had a flying type move if it kept using fire, but still, how did my Vivillon beat Blaziken? Was it a glitch maybe? I know no one KNOWS, I'm just looking more for possible explanations. If I had known I had had any chance against the Blaziken I would have kept better notes of how many turns, how much damage was done, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Um... what is the deal with the move "Powder" that Vivillon knows? I just fought a Blaziken with speed boost over wifi and while my EVs are trained in Speed and Sp At for my Vivillon, the Blaziken should have outsped me but I seemed to always use Powder before the Blaziken ( I don't think it could be THAT much slower than Vivillon and it kept using Blaze kick because I don't think they thought I was going to keep using that move) so after 2 - 3 hits (maybe? I wasn't paying attention as I was sure I was gonna die any minute, I just didn't want to waste a move switching in a pokemon) the Blaziken fainted! What the heck? Is Vivillon that much faster than Blaziken even with speed boost? Does Blaze Kick always go last? (I think it was blaze kick, I was kinda skipping through the text waiting to switch in another pokemon after Vivillon died, basically it was a fire move that kept exploding on Blaziken is all I can tell you.) I'm assuming it must not have had a flying type move if it kept using fire, but still, how did my Vivillon beat Blaziken? Was it a glitch maybe? I know no one KNOWS, I'm just looking more for possible explanations. If I had known I had had any chance against the Blaziken I would have kept better notes of how many turns, how much damage was done, etc.

Powder is +1 Priority. Your Speed has nothing to do with it XD

When powder is used, if the opponent uses a Fire type attack the move causes damage to the user of the fire type attack. I think it has set damage that it deals similar to confusion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So it will always go first? (unless they have a higher speed and are using a priority attack?) Okay, that's REALLY good information to know! Thanks! I wasn't sure about keeping Powder but it will definitely be kept now! :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
    Flower Veil only protects against stat changes (like your Attack being lowered). It doesn't prevent status effects. They're two different things.

I've now seen Flower Veil protect my Gogoat from Toxic and paralyzes from Thunder Wave, as well as it's stats being lowered by Intimidate. So I guess it's a secondary effect. Here is a battle video of my Gogoat being protected from Toxic (it happens in turn 3):

NZEW-WWWW-WWW3-TJVQ

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    So it turns out my Mewtwo is Timid with perfect IVs in HP special attack and speed.
    That is good right?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    So it turns out my Mewtwo is Timid with perfect IVs in HP special attack and speed.
    That is good right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2013
    Pokebank Question!

Okay okay, its quite simple really...

Can you... or can you not... get Ho-oh from White 2 to X and Y?

Im pretty sure you can do that, but what I wana know is exactly how to get Ho-oh on white 2?

I know it involves getting dream radar, which I have, and heart gold, which i also have. But I don't have another DS to use to trade the ho oh on my heart gold to my later game versions, so the best way for me is to get a new ho oh via poke radar onto my white 2, but how do I do that exactly?

If anyone knows do tell in as much detail as you can, obviously I want a legit Ho oh with that blue pentagon to signify that it is not hacked, unless using an action replay with white 2 and use a ho oh encounter code...would that work?

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
    Years
    Here is what serebii says, "After you have earned the 3,000 points to obtain Landorus, you are capable of capturing even more Pokémon. However, this is done by having a Generation IV Pokémon DS game in the cartridge slot of the 3DS as you play the game. With this slot in your game, you will be able to access a new special level containing the legendary Pokémon that stars in it."

So put heartgold in the cartridge slot and it should unlock a new level!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back