• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Can someone help a really basic beginner reform her ragtag cruddy team? And please try to make it understandable, I am really new :D

Delphox (Fire blast, flamethrower, Sunny Day, Psychic) Bold nature
    Meowstic ( Shadow Ball, Pyschic, Future Sight, Thunderbolt)
    Blastoise (Hydro Pump, Rapid Spin, Strength-that-I-can't-friggin-forget, aqua tail
    Talonflame ( Brave Bird, Acrobatics, Fly, Roost)
    Gogoat (Leaf blade, Synthesis, Earthquake, Grass Knot)
    Lapras (Thunderbolt, Ice beam, Hidden Power, Perish Song- which I will replace)

I know Talonflame has horrible moves, I just want to know what I should change too. Also sometimes I switch Lapras with Zapdos, but I don't want to feel like its cheating. I have been playing for less than a month. I have been trying to learn for half a year.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Can someone help a really basic beginner reform her ragtag cruddy team? And please try to make it understandable, I am really new :D

Delphox (Fire blast, flamethrower, Sunny Day, Psychic) Bold nature
    Meowstic ( Shadow Ball, Pyschic, Future Sight, Thunderbolt)
    Blastoise (Hydro Pump, Rapid Spin, Strength-that-I-can't-friggin-forget, aqua tail
    Talonflame ( Brave Bird, Acrobatics, Fly, Roost)
    Gogoat (Leaf blade, Synthesis, Earthquake, Grass Knot)
    Lapras (Thunderbolt, Ice beam, Hidden Power, Perish Song- which I will replace)

I know Talonflame has horrible moves, I just want to know what I should change too. Also sometimes I switch Lapras with Zapdos, but I don't want to feel like its cheating. I have been playing for less than a month. I have been trying to learn for half a year.

I have my fly pokemon as Charazard or Volcarona, flying type is weak so i avoid when i can all together, but Pidgeot is a good replacement if you don't want to give up your Delphox, it's speed is one of the best. I would also drop gogoat for a fairy or normal type, grass is rarely useful and a normal can learn a grass move if need be.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    is there only 80 pokemon missing from X and Y? According to this list (unless I counted a couple that were actually part of an evolutionary line or didn't count a couple that I thought were in an evolutionary line but weren't) is it true there's only 80 Pokemon that aren't actually in Pokemon X and Y? https://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml Obviously the list has more, but I was counting evolutionary lines as single pokemon as if you get one, you can get all of them.

But if so, that's not bad at all! I thought there would be way more missing so I just wanted to confirm. thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    is there only 80 pokemon missing from X and Y? According to this list (unless I counted a couple that were actually part of an evolutionary line or didn't count a couple that I thought were in an evolutionary line but weren't) is it true there's only 80 Pokemon that aren't actually in Pokemon X and Y? https://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml Obviously the list has more, but I was counting evolutionary lines as single pokemon as if you get one, you can get all of them.

But if so, that's not bad at all! I thought there would be way more missing so I just wanted to confirm. thanks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    Does anyone know if we need to remove HM's from pokemon if we're transferring them through Pokemon Bank? If we do, I might have to spend a looooooong time removing HM's...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Does anyone know if we need to remove HM's from pokemon if we're transferring them through Pokemon Bank? If we do, I might have to spend a looooooong time removing HM's...

Yes, you cannot transfer HM'd Pokemon so you have to delete the HMs from their movesets before you can transfer.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now

Yeah, you can't transfer Pokemon that know an HM move, so you'll have to take them to the move deleter. It'd be nice if it didn't have to be that way (there's no good reason for it to be that way), but what are we gonna do?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yeah, you can't transfer Pokemon that know an HM move, so you'll have to take them to the move deleter. It'd be nice if it didn't have to be that way (there's no good reason for it to be that way), but what are we gonna do?

Its to keep you from stranding yourself in an area with no way of getting back without resetting the game. Such as a surfing island that has a PC, trading your surf capable/flying pokemon and not being able to catch new pokemon to replace them. May sound stupid, but it is a valid reason and children do do this back when AR code effected games. They'd get to areas. AR delete HMs, lose the pokemon, get stuck and have no choice but to restart cause they can't use the AR or borrowed it. Some kids release pokemon through PC as well and causes same issue.

We may find it unreasonable but its a safety net for the targeted demographic for the games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Its to keep you from stranding yourself in an area with no way of getting back without resetting the game. Such as a surfing island that has a PC, trading your surf capable/flying pokemon and not being able to catch new pokemon to replace them. May sound stupid, but it is a valid reason and children do do this back when AR code effected games. They'd get to areas. AR delete HMs, lose the pokemon, get stuck and have no choice but to restart cause they can't use the AR or borrowed it. Some kids release pokemon through PC as well and causes same issue.

We may find it unreasonable but its a safety net for the targeted demographic for the games.

I don't know if it's been changed since then, but for that same reason when you were on certain islands or locations in Ruby/Saphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen that if you released your last pokemon with an HM the game wouldn't allow you to release that pokemon while you were in that location. It wasn't until you got back to the mainland that the game would allow you to release that pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    You can't trade special pokemon?

Can you not do it at all or just not via the GTS? I just got Pokemon X and was trying to trade it over to my Y (which you can in fact trade between yourself between two games on one console if you're fast enough) but it wouldn't let me trade the Event Torchic. Do you think this will also apply to the Pokebank as well? And the legendaries they give out will certainly be special pokemon, so does that mean even further restrictions on trading on the GTS?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Can you not do it at all or just not via the GTS? I just got Pokemon X and was trying to trade it over to my Y (which you can in fact trade between yourself between two games on one console if you're fast enough) but it wouldn't let me trade the Event Torchic. Do you think this will also apply to the Pokebank as well? And the legendaries they give out will certainly be special pokemon, so does that mean even further restrictions on trading on the GTS?

I'm not exactly sure, but I think event Pokémon might be the only ones restricted from trading as they (usually) have Premier Ribbons. If your Pokémon don't have these ribbons, then you should be able to trade them perfectly fine. (: I'm merging your topic with X/Y Quick Q&A by the way; it doesn't need to have its own thread.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm not exactly sure, but I think event Pokémon might be the only ones restricted from trading as they (usually) have Premier Ribbons. If your Pokémon don't have this ribbon, then you should be able to trade them perfectly fine. (: I'm merging your topic with X/Y Quick Q&A by the way; it doesn't need to have its own thread.

Oh sorry, I didn't think this was an exclusive X and Y phenomenon, I thought older games might have had the same issue so based on that I might have gotten answers. But anyway, these ribbons, are they given away on all gift pokemon? (including the Garchomp and Scizor being given away at wal mart) and where they in older games too? or is this a new XY thing?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    As far as the wal-mart pokemon go, I'm unsure of that. But I do know that pokemon in gen 5 had premier ribbons as well.

That's annoying, where any of the barred pokemon Legendary? And if so, were they barred from the global trade but could be traded in person, or were they just outright barred from trading at all? If so, I'm going to be quite annoyed if we can't trade the legendary pokemon we get from events.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    How many times am I suppose to encounter Zapdos before being able to catch it? I've lost count on the number of times I've met it, and I'm trying to catch Zapdos before my play time reaches 100 hours in order to get a life achievement.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    How many times am I suppose to encounter Zapdos before being able to catch it? I've lost count on the number of times I've met it, and I'm trying to catch Zapdos before my play time reaches 100 hours in order to get a life achievement.

12, then it goes to it's cave

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's annoying, where any of the barred pokemon Legendary? And if so, were they barred from the global trade but could be traded in person, or were they just outright barred from trading at all? If so, I'm going to be quite annoyed if we can't trade the legendary pokemon we get from events.

They have Classic Ribbons so you cannot GTS them or Wonder Trade them. Event Pokemon typically cannot be traded through GTS and Wonder Trade. You can trade them locally and through Wifi assuming they are on your Friend Lists, but not randomly.

This is to prevent you from accidentally trading them off or so I've been told.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    Does anyone know if PokeBank's storage uses the same storage space for all Pokemon (X&Y) games owned?

Say, if I deposit Pokemon from X, will I be able to withdraw those Pokemon using the Y version of the game?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2014
    I'm stuck! Please help! (Pokemon X.)

I just got pokemon. And a 3ds xl for my birthday yesterday. Well I've made it to Shalour city but I'm utterly stumped as to how I'm supposes to beat the Gym Leaders' Hawklucha. It knocks out every single one of my team memees in one hit. I feel hacked or something. My team is a Charmeleon, 2nd form of Fennekin, Aurorose(not sure how you spell it), special Combusken, and an Eevee. They are all level 28 or higher and i've lost to this Gym Leader like 50 times now. Can someone please help me? Any advice is appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back