• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Disappearing Pokemon

Hi everyone,
    me and my friend have both lost pokemon completely randomly for no reason at all, we checked our pc's, our parties, everything, they've just disappeared. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else too? And if there is a way to get them back?

Years
  • Hi everyone,
    me and my friend have both lost pokemon completely randomly for no reason at all, we checked our pc's, our parties, everything, they've just disappeared. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else too? And if there is a way to get them back?
    Your friend snuck on to you 2Ds/3DS (whichever realesed your pokemon and one of his. This is likely what happend.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Just so many questions, ok I have a inkay which was supposed to evolve at lv30 with the 3ds upside down (really weird method to evolve a poke I have ever seen), I did not know this and now it's lv55 and I tried the method when it went to the next level and it didn't evolve, does it only evolve at lv30 with that method?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Just so many questions, ok I have a inkay which was supposed to evolve at lv30 with the 3ds upside down (really weird method to evolve a poke I have ever seen), I did not know this and now it's lv55 and I tried the method when it went to the next level and it didn't evolve, does it only evolve at lv30 with that method?

Inkay should evolve at any level higher than twenty-nine. When it levels-up, make sure to turn your 3DS upside-down immediately. If you do it too late, then it may not evolve. d: Also, this isn't totally necessary, but if you're training your Pokémon at nighttime, then try training it during the day. When I evolved my Inkay, it was daytime. If none of this works, then the best thing you could possibly do is catch yourself another Inkay and evolve it exactly at level thirty.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Inkay should evolve at any the training your Pokémon at nighttime, then try training it during the day. When I evolved my Inkay, it was daytime. If none of this works, then the best thing you could possibly do is catch yourself another Inkay and evolve it exactly at level thirty.

Ok when you say upside down is it turn it over upside down or just facing the other way withe bottom screen away from you? I did the later, not sure what time of day it was.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Inkay should evolve at any level higher than twenty-nine. When it levels-up, make sure to turn your 3DS upside-down immediately. If you do it too late, then it may not evolve. d: Also, this isn't totally necessary, but if you're training your Pokémon at nighttime, then try training it during the day. When I evolved my Inkay, it was daytime. If none of this works, then the best thing you could possibly do is catch yourself another Inkay and evolve it exactly at level thirty.

Wait you have to turn your game system upside down to evolve a poke? What sorcery is this???

Separate question: Is there a ore manic anywhere in the game? I have a big nugget that Id like to sell.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Wait you have to turn your game system upside down to evolve a poke? What sorcery is this???

Separate question: Is there a ore manic anywhere in the game? I have a big nugget that Id like to sell.

I have not found one. I haven't tried near Amberite (the fossil place) though. May be there.

For inkay to evolve, you have to turn the physivcal 3DS upside down. As in the touch screen is on top of the other screen instead of being below it. It works at any time, any day, any weather, and any level above 30.

If your Inkay doesn't evovle your 3DS's Gyroscope is broken. If its broken you can't evolve Inkay on that 3DS and will have to buy a new one.

Years
  • I got an error while downloading the patch, and the patch appeared on my Home Menu, It says: Download update data. Do not remove SD card. Close system to resume download.

So basically I have to turn off the system? I don't quite get the last sentence

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I got an error while downloading the patch, and the patch appeared on my Home Menu, It says: Download update data. Do not remove SD card. Close system to resume download.

So basically I have to turn off the system? I don't quite get the last sentence

Since it tells you to shut down your system, why not give it a try? If that doesn't work, then what I would if I were you, is cancel the current download and try redownloading. When it gets completed, you should turn your game on and see if the Lumiose City saving bug is fixed or not. If it is, then you're good to go! If not, then, well, I guess you'll be required to download the update again. ): But before you do, take a look into your wifi and see if it's working okay. If it isn't, then unfortunately, you may continue experiencing the same issue until you get it fixed. Make sure that you don't have any firewall enabled, by the way, as they can stop you from getting your update, too.

Last edited:

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
    Years
  • Okay, so i caught a shiny togepi in my friends safari. I have maxed out the affection meter in pokemon amie. Why wont it evolve? Its fully maxed out on happiness and yet no matter the level ups i bring it wont evolve into togetic.
    Help please =/

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Okay, so i caught a shiny togepi in my friends safari. I have maxed out the affection meter in pokemon amie. Why wont it evolve? Its fully maxed out on happiness and yet no matter the level ups i bring it wont evolve into togetic.
    Help please =/

Are you sure it's maxed out happiness? Just having five affection hearts on Pokémon Amie might not do it alone. You'll need to get the happiness Value to approximately 220, try giving it a Soothe Bell, battle with it a lot and give it plenty of stat boosting items. It will eventually evolve, there must just be something you're missing.

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
    Years
  • Are you sure it's maxed out happiness? Just having five affection hearts on Pokémon Amie might not do it alone. You'll need to get the happiness Value to approximately 220, try giving it a Soothe Bell, battle with it a lot and give it plenty of stat boosting items. It will eventually evolve, there must just be something you're missing.

Unfortunately i cant give it any stat boosting items i have maxed its EV's out on Super training. I'll try giving it some berries the Happiness raising kind and see if this helps at all.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Unfortunately i cant give it any stat boosting items i have maxed its EV's out on Super training. I'll try giving it some berries the Happiness raising kind and see if this helps at all.

Attach it a Soothe Bell walk all over Kalos or have the Togepi (with Soothe Bell attached) in your party while hatching Eggs.
    Remember there's the Massage Girl, residing next to the Cyllage Pokemon Center. ;)

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Is female Meowstic a psychical attacker or a special attacker?
    I mean, which is more effective on her in terms of competitive gameplay?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Is female Meowstic a psychical attacker or a special attacker?
    I mean, which is more effective on her in terms of competitive gameplay?

The female is a sweeper while the male is a supporter. Both are useful in competitives in their own ways.
    You might try asking in Battle Center, since there's lotta experts there. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back