• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Once you are completely done ev training your Pokemon, you can level them up whatever way you want. The quickest way to do this, would probably be to give it the Lucky egg, and switch it in and out of the battle. This way, along with the exp share, it will get all the experience from the battle, along with the extra experience from the lucky egg. Hope that this helps :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    super training only fine tunes your pokemon to your specifications. It doesn't level it up. You'll still need to do some leveling.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    super training only fine tunes your pokemon to your specifications. It doesn't level it up. You'll still need to do some leveling.

Well I mean I know that haha. But Don't knaow if it needs to be in the actual battle to gain that +4 or whatever. Cause that how it was in D/P. But I haven't ev trained since and now doing it again.

And thanks sceptile! Time to leech him lmao.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • How important is Surf in X/Y?

I just started a new game with plans to make it a Monotype fire run. I've never liked using HM slaves and usually just incorporate useful HMs like Fly, Surf and Strength into my team. Sadly with an all Fire team I have no Pokemon that could learn Surf. I could just use a Bibarel or Diggersby and go with an HM slave but that got me thinking, are there really any extending parts this gen that require use of Surf? I remember hitting it a few times in Victory Road and once to cross a route, but other than that I can't think of any other examples.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Route 12 and Victory Road are the only places that require Surf to proceed. Everything else is optional.

I found this Gen 6 IV Calculator. I can't vouch for its accuracy but it seems to be pretty solid to me so far.

Just an fyi for everyone, this is a really accurate calculator, Smogon and the like use it. :))

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2013
    Pkmn Hordes trick?

Is there a way to find hordes of pokemon more often right now it feels like its a 1/50 chance if anything. Been trying to catch this dang zangoose for hours now so I can move on in my pokedex collection.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Pupitar Evolving Help

I just traded for a level 46 pupitar and it will not evolve even after i leveled it, how can I get it to evolve to larvitar?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Sweet Scent attracts hordes?

I should use this information to find the two Nidoran. Only thing I have not caught through Route 13 so far (I have a Nidorina, but it cannot breed).

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    I'm using a sweet scene oddish to battle hordes and EV train my entire team really fast with Pokerus and EV item. It's super fast to EV train this way. :)

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • How do I found Pokemon that are exclusive to bins like Trubbish, Garbodor, and Rotom (I know it's Tuesdays only)? Do I just stand and wait for the bin to move or do I run around and wait for it to move (like shaking grass in Gen V)?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • How do I found Pokemon that are exclusive to bins like Trubbish, Garbodor, and Rotom (I know it's Tuesdays only)? Do I just stand and wait for the bin to move or do I run around and wait for it to move (like shaking grass in Gen V)?

It will Shake on its own. You dont have to do anything special

Years
  • hi guys, I have some issues regarding the battle spot "rating battles" I keep losing everytime, and I don't know why, I have a feeling its because of my attachment to only Kanto Pokémon.

my team in Y is Raichu, Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, and finally Dragonite.
    every battle you get to choose only three, and I mix every time, as for regular online battles my team are the same, only there is one more Charizard (making it in total 6 Pokémon, which is not an issue, I don't mind losing online, but I do mind losing in the battle spot rating thingy) are there any advices you like to give me? advices that will help me have a 50% chance of losing rather than 90%!!

yes I would like to say that I am beginning to strongly hate the fairy type, I really hate it, dragons used to rule the Pokémon world, its not fair that they made it so weak now! agh so much anger!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Anyone know how to get specific bags in Super Training or is it random? I'd like more Reset Bags, but they're hard to come by, and I don't feel like getting morphed berries for the Juice Shoppe.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Looking for the best information site of Pokémon X/Y

Hey! How are you all?
    Well, I'll tell you, I'm looking for a place where I could see the stats of megaevolutions, the atacks of legendaries, the level in which they evolve, and all sort of things like that.
    I didn't found very interesting places, and the ones that I found aren't very comfortable.
    Do you know a place like the one I'm looking for, but with a comfortable design?

EDIT: I have visited Bulbapedia and Wikidex, but I didn't like the design, because it was one thing under the other one, I'm looking for something easier to see things again and go before/after of where I am, because it's too much scrolling.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back