• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well, Serebii is probably the single best place for any Pokemon information. Quick updates and accurate information. The only problem is that the site is a bit... old fashioned. Most stuff you're looking for would be on the right-hand side of the X and Y section of the site.

Other than that, my usual go-to source is Bulbapedia, but they've been a bit slower for adding information about X and Y.

Sergio--

...call me Serg!o...
    Years
  • Hey! How are you all?
    Well, I'll tell you, I'm looking for a place where I could see the stats of megaevolutions, the atacks of legendaries, the level in which they evolve, and all sort of things like that.
    I didn't found very interesting places, and the ones that I found aren't very comfortable.
    Do you know a place like the one I'm looking for, but with a comfortable design?

EDIT: I have visited Bulbapedia and Wikidex, but I didn't like the design, because it was one thing under the other one, I'm looking for something easier to see things again and go before/after of where I am, because it's too much scrolling.

Hi PokemonDragon, nice question.
    We are developping a VI generation Kalos Pokédex called WahackDex, the idea is to allow it to be both a web resource and at the same time and android app (this is the link for get the pokedex there).

I think is great cause you can find out moves, base stats, and all that stuff about the new 69+ pokemon, the megaevolutions and forms.

Examples: this is how the charizard megaevolutions page looks, and this is the sylveon info page

There is also another place which i reccommend like Bulbapedia or pkdb, but those are not as easy to use and dont work well in mobiles.

Hope you enjoy using it :)

Pr3

Years
  • Hi, I'm wondering what are the mechanics to naming pokemon. I recently got a scizor from Japan and I wasn't allowed to rename. I've since stopped naming my pets. Is there a limit to naming pets? Or is it simply because the pokemon was from another trainers (reason I couldn't rename)? Thanks for the help.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Hi, I'm wondering what are the mechanics to naming pokemon. I recently got a scizor from Japan and I wasn't allowed to rename. I've since stopped naming my pets. Is there a limit to naming pets? Or is it simply because the pokemon was from another trainers (reason I couldn't rename)? Thanks for the help.

That's exactly it, Pokemon that you get from trades (even in-game trades) cannot be nicknamed. Basically, this means any Pokemon that has a different original trainer (OT), which you can check in the Pokemon's summary.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • from what I hear sweet scent or honey should guarantee a horde to appear providing its not raining and the location/type of wild encounter area your in actually can have hordes.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Just a quick question which has me a bit confused, Trubbish can be caught at the Lost Hotel, but in the Pokedex it says its location is unknown. Why is that?

And are there any other pokemon in the dex that have an unknown location but can in fact be caught in the game somewhere?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Just a quick question which has me a bit confused, Trubbish can be caught at the Lost Hotel, but in the Pokedex it says its location is unknown. Why is that?

And are there any other pokemon in the dex that have an unknown location but can in fact be caught in the game somewhere?
    I don't know how to say it, but it's kind of like Lapras in HgSs: no location in Pokedex.
    Rotom and Banette comes to mind. Rotom in Lost Hotel, the latter in Pokemon Village.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Where exactly is the Psyshock TM? I know it's in Victory Road, but where? Like what floor and whatnot?

Pr3

Years
  • That's exactly it, Pokemon that you get from trades (even in-game trades) cannot be nicknamed. Basically, this means any Pokemon that has a different original trainer (OT), which you can check in the Pokemon's summary.

Thanks for the information. One more question. Does anyone know how to get rid of annoying
    "Passerby" who keep spamming lets trade/battle/NICE!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    I have another question about ev training haha... When you do horde battles. With pokerus and power items. And you get into a horde battle and lets say each pokemon gives you 1 ev into speed. With pokerus and power items. Does that make it 10 EV's per pokemon? Thus making it 50 EVs per horde battle? I don't know how the power items works for horde battles.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    I'm new to IV breeding. So when I go to the NPC in the Kiloude Pokemon Center, which phrase means 31 IVs? Also which phrase is better than the other?
    I've gotten "They Simply Can't be beat!" is this 31 IVs?

I have another question about ev training haha... When you do horde battles. With pokerus and power items. And you get into a horde battle and lets say each pokemon gives you 1 ev into speed. With pokerus and power items. Does that make it 10 EV's per pokemon? Thus making it 50 EVs per horde battle? I don't know how the power items works for horde battles.

Yes, indeed. Horde training is the best way to EV train as long as you have moves like Surf, Rock Slide, Earthquake, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Where exactly is the Psyshock TM? I know it's in Victory Road, but where? Like what floor and whatnot?

Go through the first cave, surf to the left.
    Up the stairs, then up the stairs to your left.
    Exit the cave with the 2 big candle things infront of it.
    Enter 2nd cave.
    When entering the cave, you will see these jumping rocks, jump them staight ahead.
    If correct when you're about half way these jumping rocks you will see a boulder you can smash in the distance (at your right side)
    Go to this boulder.
    Smash it.
    Go down the little thing and start making your way to the right zigzagging between the rocks.
    By the time your all the way too the right side, there will be a little ramp you can go on.
    Then move to the right, and hugging the wall you will see more rocks you can jump on.
    Make your way outside of the cave.
    Go all the way straight, and on your right hand there will be another cave.

Here you will find, TM Psyshock!

Or see: /watch?v=e7IpeqNjhYg on YouTube. (I can't post links yet.. >_>)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back