• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah I find in this game, moves are learned very late. You might want to try going to the Move Relearner to see what you've missed though. I want to say Talonflame has Flare Blitz, but I can't remember.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Talonflame will learn Flame Charge @ level 39 and that's the last Fire type attack it can learn through leveling up. Like Flush'd said, most Pokémon don't learn good moves until higher levels like 40+. My Carbink learned its first and only Fairy type attack at level 50, Greninja doesn't learn its only Dark type attack until level 70, and Phantump doesn't learn any good STAB attacks until the mid 40s. My Talonflame still knew Tackle until the 60s...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    TMs can be very useful! By late in the game, you also have very many of these, and can buy even more. With the flow of money after you reach higher levels at the Battle Chateau (I ought to buy a suit...), it shouldn't be too difficult to make enough to buy TMs over a few days.

Also, there can be some surprises. Try Leaf Blade. Bellossom supposedly knows it at "birth", but is of course born as an Oddish, which cannot learn the move. The only way to get the move is through a move relearner. Take Talonflame in and see what you get! Make sure you take a Sweet Heart from Camphrier Town!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Talonflame can learn Flare Blitz through the Move Relearner lady. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So, does anybody have a clue how to get the "big smile" face to register on Pokemon Amie? I've searched around to no avail.. Another face people had trouble with was "wide-eyed", but that's easily detected by raising the eyebrows. I'm wondering if there's a certain action that needs to be done for this to be detected?

Super Training maxes out the stats at 252, and that can still be done twice. After that, there's still 6 leftover EVs. So still a total of 510 EVs.

The camera will be having a hard time finding you if you're in a dark place. I've experienced the same kind of issue before, but I was able to have it fixed by going under the light. Maybe you should do that, too—relocate yourself to somewhere bright-looking. If that doesn't work, try keeping a good distance between your face and the 3DS. Once you're ready, hold still for ten to fifteen seconds, and it should be able to detect you immediately. If none of this end up working, then I'm not exactly sure what you could possibly do, to be honest. Sorry. D:

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    i think it official cubone is baby kangaskhan lol in the pokedex say It wears the skull of its dead mother on its head. When it becomes lonesome, it is said to cry loudly.

and it same cave of Kangsaskhan

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
    Years
    • SG
    • Seen Oct 27, 2014
    Is there an IV calculator for Generation VI yet? I know there is the guy in the last toen, but I want a calculator that could at least give me accurate/close to accurateresults fpr my Pokemon's IVs.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Is there an IV calculator for Generation VI yet? I know there is the guy in the last toen, but I want a calculator that could at least give me accurate/close to accurateresults fpr my Pokemon's IVs.

Not yet, but I assume the fastest we can get one is in a month or at least three. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Matsuda Method? I keep seeing stuff about this but how does it work? Just breeding two pokemon of different regions? I have a Japanese Ditto and its been getting more tail than a.... well >.> you know... but I have yet to see a shiny of any of the pokemon I've bred it with.

Years
  • 3ds Pokemon X save file query

Hi peers, I hope I can find clarification in this thread, so if this is answered, it may also provides answers to those who may want to try this as well. My doubt is as follow:

I currently has a Pokemon X cartridge, 3ds XL console and a 4GB SD card (name it card O). I have a save file on card O. I have been reading some online articles (please clarify its truth) that if I use a new SD card (name it card N) and play and save new save file with the Pokemon X cartridge, in the event that I can switch back to my old save file, I can still put back my card O and continue my old save file.

Can anyone please enlighten if this is true? If not, is there any other solution to do what I intend to?

Edit: also, I am not sure if this is answered previously as I do not know the truth of this story. Thank you for your understanding Admin :)

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • After battling Prof. Sycamore he mentions there is a gift or present awaiting you in town. Does anybody know what this actually is? I can't seem to find it.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Hi peers, I hope I can find clarification in this thread, so if this is answered, it may also provides answers to those who may want to try this as well. My doubt is as follow:

I currently has a Pokemon X cartridge, 3ds XL console and a 4GB SD card (name it card O). I have a save file on card O. I have been reading some online articles (please clarify its truth) that if I use a new SD card (name it card N) and play and save new save file with the Pokemon X cartridge, in the event that I can switch back to my old save file, I can still put back my card O and continue my old save file.

Can anyone please enlighten if this is true? If not, is there any other solution to do what I intend to?

Edit: also, I am not sure if this is answered previously as I do not know the truth of this story. Thank you for your understanding Admin :)

When this game saves it always saves on the cartridge, SD cards do not matter in this case, iirc.

Matsuda Method? I keep seeing stuff about this but how does it work? Just breeding two pokemon of different regions? I have a Japanese Ditto and its been getting more tail than a.... well >.> you know... but I have yet to see a shiny of any of the pokemon I've bred it with.

That's pretty much what the MM is. Breeding two Pokemon from different regions, it just increases the chance of hatching a shiny Pokemon; it doesn't guarantee a shiny.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

The standard encounter rate for a Shiny Pokémon (either in the wild or by breeding) is 1/8192, the Masuda method multiplies this rate by 5 (to 5/8192 or about 1/1638) in Generation IV and by 6 (to 3/4096 or about 1/1365) in Generation V.

Credit: Bulbapedia

Years
  • Korrina's Lucario

Hi everyone!~

I was wondering if it's possible to get a female Lucario from Korrina.
    I've done quite an amount of SR's, but so far no luck.

Can anyone confirm if it's even possible to get a female from her, or is it all males she gives out? :pink_giggle:

Thank you so much!~

Nyaa~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2013
    Fishing and Luvdisc

First of all apologies if there is already a thread for this. I did search and found nothing.

I have been trying to catch some water type Pokemon after getting the fishing rod. Every time I use it I catch a Luvdisc. EVERY TIME! I have fished in rivers and seas from Route 3 to 11 so far and still nothing but Luvdisc's. Is this by design or is there something wrong with my game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back