• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splintey

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Does anyone know why I added a lot of friends and only two show up on the bottom screen? I tried to reset my game and 3ds but it isn't working?

Years
    Pokemon Amie Issues

Hey,

So I am having issues with Pokemon Amie. When I used it the first few times it worked perfectly fine, at least to my knowledge. Now when I try to access it, where the pokemon should be facing me it instead has its back turned towards me (if the pokemon is large, part of it is on the top screen) and the game completely freezes. I cannot do a single thing except shut the 3ds off.

Anyone had this happen to them or know what I could do?

Thanks.

4O4

Error 4O4
    Years
    Where can I find mega...

Where can I find the mega stones for Venasaur and Blastoise. I have been looking around and never found them and I have a Wartortle and I heard you can get the stones but I dont know where to get them.

Years
    Guy in the left corner of the stone store. But if you haven't done a lot in lumiose he's gonna charge 1,000,000 but if you do a lot of stuff he will drop the price I got my charizard y stone and blastoise stone for 100,000 a piece. I heard you can get it as low as 10,000 though

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I'm a bit confused as to how hidden abilities work.

I see that Cloyster can have:

1. Shell Armor OR Skill Link
    2. Overcoat

I caught a Cloyster from the Friend Safari and it has "Overcoat" listed. But isn't that the "Hidden" ability?

My end goal is a Shellder with Skill Link and Overcoat. I've caught a Cloyster with Overcoat, can I just start breeding it now and waiting for the child to have both? Or do I need to keep finding a mother with both for the child to have both?

Thanks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm a bit confused as to how hidden abilities work.

I see that Cloyster can have:

1. Shell Armor OR Skill Link
    2. Overcoat

I caught a Cloyster from the Friend Safari and it has "Overcoat" listed. But isn't that the "Hidden" ability?

My end goal is a Shellder with Skill Link and Overcoat. I've caught a Cloyster with Overcoat, can I just start breeding it now and waiting for the child to have both? Or do I need to keep finding a mother with both for the child to have both?

Thanks.
    A Pokemon can only have 1 ability. The breeding mechanics changed in Gen VI, so either the mother or father can pass down their DW abilities, assuming the parents are similar species or the mother is a Ditto. Cloyster's preferred ability is and always will be Skill Link.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    A Pokemon can only have 1 ability. The breeding mechanics changed in Gen VI, so either the mother or father can pass down their DW abilities, assuming the parents are similar species or the mother is a Ditto. Cloyster's preferred ability is and always will be Skill Link.
    Oh, I was under the impression that it was a second, "hidden" ability. That makes more sense.

Years
    Hey,

So I am having issues with Pokemon Amie. When I used it the first few times it worked perfectly fine, at least to my knowledge. Now when I try to access it, where the pokemon should be facing me it instead has its back turned towards me (if the pokemon is large, part of it is on the top screen) and the game completely freezes. I cannot do a single thing except shut the 3ds off.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hey,

Thanks.

If a Pokémon's got its back turned on you, then it's most likely distracted. You need to do something to grab its attention. Try poking it on its back by tapping the screen. Do it as fast as you can. When you do, it should turn around immediately. (: If it doesn't, then your screen's sensitivity might be a bit low. Try tapping a little harder. If none of this work, then shout at it through the mic. Don't do it too loudly, though. If your game still freezes, then exit the Amie and try re-entering with a different Pokémon.

Naxus_Darkstar

Team Warlock!!!!
    Years
    Here's my situation: Breeding two woopers
    and looking for a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Bold Unaware Baby.

The mother: Mom
    Bold nature
    unaware ability
    Holding everstone
    31/X/31/31/31/31

The Father: Dad
    Bold Nature
    Unaware ability
    Holding destiny knot
    31/31/31/31/X/31

Basically what are the odds that the perfectionist in me gets the perfect offspring I'm after? The mother will actually suit my purposes perfectly, but there's something desirable and lucrative with a complete 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread.

I'm new to IV breeding but I think I'm managing pretty well up to this point.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Here's my situation: Breeding two woopers
    and looking for a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Bold Unaware Baby.

The mother: Mom
    Bold nature
    unaware ability
    Holding everstone
    31/X/31/31/31/31

The Father: Dad
    Bold Nature
    Unaware ability
    Holding destiny knot
    31/31/31/31/X/31

Basically what are the odds that the perfectionist in me gets the perfect offspring I'm after? The mother will actually suit my purposes perfectly, but there's something desirable and lucrative with a complete 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread.

I'm new to IV breeding but I think I'm managing pretty well up to this point.
    Just saying, Bold is a terrible nature for Quagsire to have. It weakens the attacking stat that it intends to use most often (its Attack, since its main offensive move is Earthquake). A Relaxed nature is preferable, since Quagsire also usually runs Scald as a secondary STAB.

Anyways, you have a 1/6 chance of getting a flawless baby.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
    Most People know about the bad egg glitch in the wonder trade.
    I haven't gotten the bad egg but I have a question.
    you start to wonder trade and you see your getting a egg and you quickly turn off the 3DS(or 2DS).
    if you turn off your game while wonder trading. does it damage your game cartridge?
    (like... erase your Save File?)

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    Most People know about the bad egg glitch in the wonder trade.
    I haven't gotten the bad egg but I have a question.
    you start to wonder trade and you see your getting a egg and you quickly turn off the 3DS(or 2DS).
    if you turn off your game while wonder trading. does it damage your game cartridge?
    (like... erase your Save File?)

it may seem to have some complications when you suddenly turned your unit off... though i never gotten a bad egg on WT before.. im on it almost 5 hours a day just giving and taking mons... and well never had that glitch

Naxus_Darkstar

Team Warlock!!!!
    Years
    Just saying, Bold is a terrible nature for Quagsire to have. It weakens the attacking stat that it intends to use most often (its Attack, since its main offensive move is Earthquake). A Relaxed nature is preferable, since Quagsire also usually runs Scald as a secondary STAB.

Anyways, you have a 1/6 chance of getting a flawless baby.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it would be 1/6 or if it would be like (1/6)*(1/31).

As for his nature, I'm using bold because I plan to forgo EQ for toxic. I'm using a weird gimmicky set to stall out swords dance users, my local friends use a couple of boosting sweepers so an unaware tanky quagsire will be invaluable, and since I'm not using his attack stat, bold seems to make sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back