• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
  • So in Pokemon BW &BW2 they had different ways to quickly level up your Pokemon such as the stadiums in Nimbasa City, do they have similar places where I can quickly level up my Pokemon around Kalos?

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2013
    hi guys I'm new to pokemon world. I need some guidance for ivs especially for legendaries.
    I already caught a near perfect modest xerneas with 200/135/115/166/117/119.
    My question is what stats should I be looking for a perfect modest/timid moltres?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So in Pokemon BW &BW2 they had different ways to quickly level up your Pokemon such as the stadiums in Nimbasa City, do they have similar places where I can quickly level up my Pokemon around Kalos?

The question possible way for you to level-up would be by taking on horde battles. In order to run yourself into hordes, go to any you route you like (I would suggest Route 22, though, since it has very high-level Pokémon) and use Sweet Scent. One Pokémon that can learn this move is Roselia, which could be caught at Route 7. Once you've used Sweet Scent, you're going to encounter a horde immediately. (: There's about a dozen of Pokémon in a horde, and each give you about three- to nine-hundred experience, depending on their level. Some even give you over a thousand. When you multiply those by six, you earn approximately five-thousand exp. points. Isn't that a lot? Not only that, but since you're training against wild Pokémon, you're getting EVs boosted as well, which is a plus!

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    is there any way to STOP pokemon from learning moves in the daycare?

Unfortunately the answer is no. But you can have your Pokemon relearn its level up move by going to the city with a big windmill. An old woman takes one Heart Scale for each moves that your Pokemon relearns.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm pretty sure I've done everything for the Style guide, but the O-Powers guy isn't showing up for Hatching Power. What do?

When Technician is being used, does STAB factor the ability in or not?

Like if Scizor uses Struggle Bug (50BP, 75 with Technician) does STAB add 1.5x of 50 or 75?
    To my knowledge, they'd compute independently, so STAB would add 1.5x50 and the overall power would be 100 (50x1.5 + 50/2). I'm only like 60% sure though haha.

Jk, research is telling me STAB goes after Technician, so it'd be 75x1.5.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • Friend Safari issue o_o

I've finally found a Gyarados safari, and I caught six of them -- all of which had a careful nature. I left to deposit them and re-entered, only to find another two careful ones.

Do safari Pokemon only have one particular nature, or am I just very unlucky? Thank you ;P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Did you have a Careful Synchronize Pokemon as your lead Pokemon? If a Synchronize Pokemon is in the lead slot, the odds of you encountering a Pokemon of the Synchronizer's nature are increased.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    either you're missing something like you have a syncro in your lead party or you're just unlucky... check if you have a syncro lead party and/or keep trying :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    The rule for breeding with TMs, from what I've read, is:

"The Pokémon will start with any TM or HM moves (and in Crystal, Move Tutor moves) that the father knows and the baby can also learn by machine."

I have a male Helioptile with Volt Switch and I'm breeding it with a Ditto. The resulting child does not have Volt Switch. If I breed that same Helioptile with a female Helioptile with Volt Switch, then the child does, in fact, have Volt Switch.

Is this expected?

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • Did you have a Careful Synchronize Pokemon as your lead Pokemon? If a Synchronize Pokemon is in the lead slot, the odds of you encountering a Pokemon of the Synchronizer's nature are increased.

Well what do you know, a careful Umbreon xD ugh, I'd never have figured this out myself. Thank you to everyone who answered my question <3

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • Can someone help me with breeding ice beam to froakie. the father is octillery and knows it, and the mother is a froakie, and she can learn it by tm. So am I missing something? The eggs only know pound and growl.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Can someone help me with breeding ice beam to froakie. the father is octillery and knows it, and the mother is a froakie, and she can learn it by tm. So am I missing something? The eggs only know pound and growl.

The rule for breeding with TMs, from what I've read, is:
    "The Pokémon will start with any TM or HM moves (and in Crystal, Move Tutor moves) that the father knows and the baby can also learn by machine."
    I have a male Helioptile with Volt Switch and I'm breeding it with a Ditto. The resulting child does not have Volt Switch. If I breed that same Helioptile with a female Helioptile with Volt Switch, then the child does, in fact, have Volt Switch.
    Is this expected?

Starting from XY, TM moves like Ice Beam and Volt Switch are no longer Egg Moves like from the previous Generations.
    Therefore even if their parents knows the TM moves, the babies will NOT have them.
    So you can just hatch the Eggs and have them learn the TM moves instead.

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • Wow man...thanks for that one :) :(, thats a load though. So the only way to get froakie to learn ice beam is with a tm? There is only one tm ice beam per game though right?

Reactions: Sun
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back