• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
  • Hmm… I'm not sure, exactly. o: Have you beaten the Elite Four yet? If not, then you should. Before defeating the Elite Four, I gave a Pikachu to him. When I was done, I returned to his house for a visit. Didn't find him, though; there was only a Poké Ball left on the desk. It contained the Pikachu I had given him earlier, and it was holding Comet Shard. If you beat Pokémon League, maybe the same will happen to you? If you've defeated them once already, then try again.

oh thanks and yea i already beat elite 4 like 15 times before i gave my tyrunt to him xD

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    pokemon village dittos may have any number of perfect IVs to pass on: 0 -6.

dittos from a friend safari have a guaranteed minimum of 2 perfect ivs so 2-6.

A pokemon can only produce a perfect 6 IV child if there are at least 3 unique perfect IVs between the parents (as 3 IVs are selected at random and copied, (5 with destiny knot)). The rest is up to breeding strategy and luck.

Perfect 6 IVs takes a really long time. I go for 5.

Example: charizard y, all special attacks: no need to have perfect attack.

Years
  • what i like to do it get 5 - 5 perfect IVs pokemon which doesnt take long.. 3-5 hours max...than your perfect 6 comes within 1-2 hours.

But like that other guy said dont need perfect 6.

With my ferrothorn i only needed perfect 4.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Okay, not sure if this is a quick question, but it's most certainly a question, so here goes:
    Every time that I try to trade or wonder trade or battle over the internet, I keep getting a communication error. While seeking a partner for battle or wonder trade, it'll just say "Oh, we couldn't find you a partner." But, when I try with a friend over internet(by using friend codes) or if I try to request a passerby and they accept, I always get the following error:
    Failed to connect with the other trainer, please start again from the beginning.
    I have used Google already, and all that I've gotten are people complaining about the same problem, but without a solution.
    Here are some notes:
    ~I can do GTS trades fine and dandy! In fact, I use GTS often.
    ~My router is a Linksys EA4500
    ~I have tried using Nintedo Live Support, but the guy at the other end basically helped me up to a certain point, and then he disconnected abruptly. He mentioned something about a firewall...
    ~I traded and battled online in my BW/B2W2 games easily and without issue. I could NOT do trades or battles over wifi in the Gen IV games though(D/P/Pt/HG/SS).
    ~Battles with a nearby person or trades with a nearby person, such as my irl friends go by smoothly.

So...what do I do to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I am trying to get some wild haunters with decent stats to IV breeding, when I took one to the hidden power guy to find its Hidden.... it was Ghost.

All the stat calculators say Ghost/Ghost is impossible... is this a bug or a new feature?

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    Okay, not sure if this is a quick question, but it's most certainly a question, so here goes:
    Every time that I try to trade or wonder trade or battle over the internet, I keep getting a communication error. While seeking a partner for battle or wonder trade, it'll just say "Oh, we couldn't find you a partner." But, when I try with a friend over internet(by using friend codes) or if I try to request a passerby and they accept, I always get the following error:
    Failed to connect with the other trainer, please start again from the beginning.
    I have used Google already, and all that I've gotten are people complaining about the same problem, but without a solution.
    Here are some notes:
    ~I have tried using Nintedo Live Support, but the guy at the other end basically helped me up to a certain point, and then he disconnected abruptly. He mentioned something about a firewall...
    ~I traded and battled online in my BW/B2W2 games easily and without issue. I could NOT do trades or battles over wifi in the Gen IV games though(D/P/Pt/HG/SS).
    ~Battles with a nearby person or trades with a nearby person, such as my irl friends go by smoothly.

Does your router have a built-in firewall that is interfering with communications? I turn mine off and use firewalls on my pcs.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • Okay, not sure if this is a quick question, but it's most certainly a question, so here goes:
    Here are some notes:

-add a static ip for your 3ds
    -make sure you allow incoming connections to your 3ds machines (aka, port-forward for it)
    -make sure your router/wifi repeater uses channel 1 or 11 (not the default 6 however)
    -make a power reset on your router
    Did it help?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I am trying to get some wild haunters with decent stats to IV breeding, when I took one to the hidden power guy to find its Hidden.... it was Ghost.

All the stat calculators say Ghost/Ghost is impossible... is this a bug or a new feature?

If you are using the old calculator(a la Gen V) then you might get that inaccurate result.
    Or either you might accidently insert the wrong number.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hello all! I have a question. :)

What do I have to do to get the Hatching O-Power?

Maximize your style, do it by cutting your hair, asking Alexa for directions, working at the hotel!
    To determine if you have your style max there are two ways:
    • Go to the Evolution Stone Shop, there is an old man NPC who sells a Mega Stone. If you have your style maxed, he should sell the mega stone for $10,000.
    • Go to Cafe Intorversion, at South Boulevard:bottom half of Lumiose City., if you see the O-Power man, he will give you the Hatching O-Power. In other words, you have your style maximized! ;)

Years
  • Pokerus

Hey guys, I'm infected and totally forgot some stuff about pokerus. Once the poke is finished with pokerus, will it still have the pokerus effect and not able to spread?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hey guys, I'm infected and totally forgot some stuff about pokerus. Once the poke is finished with pokerus, will it still have the pokerus effect and not able to spread?

Pokerus can be spread to your whole team, as long as they did not have it before!
    Remember to save one to your Storage Box! Happy spreading the disease! >:)

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • Elite 4 Character Styles

So I've seen a few people in my passer by screen that have the character styles of the elite 4. For example someone with the face and clothing of Siebold. I was wondering how they did this?

Years
  • Ferroseed and Ferrothorn

Is there any way to find out which ferroseed will evolve into a ferrothorn with the hidden ability anticipation?
    If not i think this is real stupid move by gamefreak, i want an iron barb ferrothorn and ended up with anticipation...tough luck :(

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Is there any way to find out which ferroseed will evolve into a ferrothorn with the hidden ability anticipation?
    If not i think this is real stupid move by gamefreak, i want an iron barb ferrothorn and ended up with anticipation...tough luck :(

I only just realised it has a hidden ability now, doh!

Well, only Friend Safari and Horde catches can result in a hidden ability. So your best bet is to catch a Ferroseed from Glittering or Reflection Cave and train it from there - they should keep the Iron Barbs ability one they evolve.

Reactions: Sun

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • What would be a good nature and ev spread for my future Magnezone? I plan on using this set:
    - Thunderbolt (necessary STAB move)
    - Thunder Wave (gotta have it, can't rely on thunderbolt)
    - Volt Switch (to get me out of trouble)
    - Magnet Bomb (to hit those pesky Fairy pokes, most of which are weak on the defensive side)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    General question, does it make a difference at what level you evolve a Pokemon stat wise? Say I train a Pikachu to lv. 100, and then evolve it, as opposed to evolving at lv. 1. Will the Raichus' stats differ?

What would be a good nature and ev spread for my future Magnezone? I plan on using this set:
    - Thunderbolt (necessary STAB move)
    - Thunder Wave (gotta have it, can't rely on thunderbolt)
    - Volt Switch (to get me out of trouble)
    - Magnet Bomb (to hit those pesky Fairy pokes, most of which are weak on the defensive side)

Imo, Magnezone doesn't seem like a mixed attacker to me, its Special Attack is far superior to its Attack. Thus I suggest a Modest nature (which would lower your ATK, thus this is a Specially focused Magnezone). Switch out Magnet Bomb for Flash Cannon. I realize that a lot of the Fairies are Sp. Def oriented, but idk Magnezone doesn't seem like the Physical attacker. Just my opinion. Most EV spreads go max Sp.A, and Speed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back