• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So what name is better for Fennikin, Ember or Scarlet(flame)

Any other names. I am a girl BTW so I'm girly XDDDDD

Also for Glaceon. And suggestions. IF not, its gonna be named Frost or something.

Personally, I like Ember. It rolls off the tongue quite nicely. (: You could name it Scarlet if you like, but that's totally up to you! As for your Glaceon, try "Chelo." It means "ice" in Aragonese. If you're not a fan of that name, then maybe you should go with either Glacio, Glacie, or Glaece. They do sound similar to each other, but they're not that same.

Also, this doesn't need to have its own thread, so I'm merging it with quick Q&A.

Merged.

Last edited:

Outlier

What's a good spread/set for Mega Venusaur? List a few if you could I need inspiration.

Years
  • 2. Your best bet is in Victory Road. Rematches with your rival and Elite 4 post-game also help. I suggest you do your EV training first before level grinding, as your Pokemon may gain unwanted EVs in Victory Road and the rematches.

OK, then if I maxed my Dragonite attack in the Super Training, I can start grinding levels, right? Then which trainer from the Elite 4 will give me the max points for attack when leveling?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What's a good spread/set for Mega Venusaur? List a few if you could I need inspiration.
    Mega Venusaur sets:
    -Giga Drain/Power Whip
    -Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder
    -Earthquake
    -Synthesis
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Venusaurite

or
    -Giga Drain/Leech Seed
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Synthesis/Protect
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SAtk
    Item: Venusaurite
    OK, then if I maxed my Dragonite attack in the Super Training, I can start grinding levels, right? Then which trainer from the Elite 4 will give me the max points for attack when leveling?
    Once a Pokemon has 252 EVs in a particular stat, it can't gain any more EVs in that stat. Since you maxed out Dragonite's Attack EVs, you might as well max out its Speed too with Super Training.

Also, try out the Battle Chateau. If you ranked up to Marquis, you can re-battle the Gym Leaders. There are also some Audino trainers that give you a lot of EXP after a match.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What's a good spread/set for Mega Venusaur? List a few if you could I need inspiration.

Try Leech Seed, Substitute, Giga Drain, and Sludge Bomb. Mega Venusaur has got heavy defenses, and with Sub and Leech Seed, you could be stalling your foes for plenty of turns. And Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb are there for taking out opponents. If you like, you could replace Sludge Bomb with Growth. As for EVs, you should probably go with 252 HP, 126 Defense, 126 SP Defense, and 4 Speed. For nature, choose Calm. I have a Venusaur at the moment with the same, exact set in Pokémon Y; it seems to be working pretty well for me. (: I'd provide you with a few other sets, but unfortunately, this is the only one I've tested.

Last edited:

Outlier

Thanks for the suggestions. Is HP Fire still a viable option now that HP has been nerfed to 60 bp?

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • Can someone explain the Trainer shiny Value? And how to calculate it. I only know it basiacally is done so others can hatch eggs for you. Does this work still to get shinies?

*edit found it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Can someone explain the Trainer shiny Value? And how to calculate it. I only know it basiacally is done so others can hatch eggs for you. Does this work still to get shinies?

*edit found it

Can someone explain it anyway? I JUST heard about it in this post, and I tried googling it but like most things Pokemon, the writers of the articles seemed to already presume everyone automatically knows what it is so no one (that I could found) actually explains WHAT this is, so can someone explain what it is, how to find it and what it is for? Thanks!

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • Can someone explain it anyway? I JUST heard about it in this post, and I tried googling it but like most things Pokemon, the writers of the articles seemed to already presume everyone automatically knows what it is so no one (that I could found) actually explains WHAT this is, so can someone explain what it is, how to find it and what it is for? Thanks!

I found this really helpful when I was reading about it.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/instacheck-hotspot-a-fast-pokémon-checker-for-xy.3492531/

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    It seems like some people prefer competitive hatched pokemon at level 1, rather than ones who have been leveled up in the daycare a couple of levels. Does it matter? A couple of my IV bred pokemon have no gained any EVs, so does it really matter? Like, would its stats be any different at level 50 if it had simply added a few levels to it via daycare, rather than being EV trained from level 1?

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • It seems like some people prefer competitive hatched pokemon at level 1, rather than ones who have been leveled up in the daycare a couple of levels. Does it matter? A couple of my IV bred pokemon have no gained any EVs, so does it really matter? Like, would its stats be any different at level 50 if it had simply added a few levels to it via daycare, rather than being EV trained from level 1?

EV training them at level 1 may allow the pokes to compete in certain competitions not at level 50? Thats all I can think. Otherwise evs can be removed and added at any level and leveling up a poke in anyway will have no affect at the stats it gets as it grows.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • It seems like some people prefer competitive hatched pokemon at level 1, rather than ones who have been leveled up in the daycare a couple of levels. Does it matter? A couple of my IV bred pokemon have no gained any EVs, so does it really matter? Like, would its stats be any different at level 50 if it had simply added a few levels to it via daycare, rather than being EV trained from level 1?

EV training at level one, or after using the daycare for leveling, just simplifies the process for the trainer. Then you won't have to retrain anything.

Daycare is not the preferred method of leveling because of there is no control for the move set, well, not much control. If you level up through battling then you can select the moves as they learn them and not have to waste heart scales.

Personally, I EV train the one I breed at level 1, then train through battling.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I received a Honedge in a trade @ lv.1 with Sacred Sword. Seeing as this is not an egg move or TM, is that even possible?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Hey guys,
    I got really lucky and caught a super-sized Gourgeist, but I'm not sure if what sex passes the size in breeding if it even matters.
    Thanks in advanced! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    Instacheck 100% shiny method

I am looking for a group of people who are able to use this method like me and are truth worthy. I have two 3ds and have tons of eggs and just looking for people to hatch them for me. If you are interested please let me know.

If you dont know what instacheck method is check out the video on youtube since i cant post urls yet =/

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • I've found 20 mega stones, and I know there are at least two more I'm missing. How many of these stones are there as of now (counting X/Y stones as one)? I only want to know the number, not what they are or where they're found.

Years
  • Breeding question (searched already)

Does breeding an offspring of a ditto with the parent (insest) affect if the pokemon will be shiny? I Bred a noibat with a ditto and took the offspring and bred it with the same ditto. Idk if I just have bad luck but 6 boxes later and I'm wondering. Thanks again everyone!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back