• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Really? I thought it was Pokemon caught/bred in XY.

There are two or three definitions up right now. Won't know what is true until the Pokebank opens.

1) Original mistranslation (supposed): Legally obtained Pokemon. Not hacked.
    2) Current translation: Obtained in Kalos.

Don't remember the third but it was kinda a mixture of the two. Can't remember how it was worded.

Leuram

Fox says what I say it says
    Years
  • ok quick question, i have a vulpix with its HA and 4 perfect Iv's in Spc. defense spc. attack speed and HP but i want defense as well, i have a ditto with a defense iv and im breeding it with my vulpix thats holding a destiny knot, is there a chance that the dittos defense IV will transfer to the offspring who will have the other stats of the mother thats holding the knot?

Yes, the destiny knot guarantees that a total of five IVs will be passed down from the parents, not five IVs from the parent holding the knot

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    ok quick question, i have a vulpix with its HA and 4 perfect Iv's in Spc. defense spc. attack speed and HP but i want defense as well, i have a ditto with a defense iv and im breeding it with my vulpix thats holding a destiny knot, is there a chance that the dittos defense IV will transfer to the offspring who will have the other stats of the mother thats holding the knot?

Yes, the destiny knot guarantees that a total of five IVs will be passed down from the parents, not five IVs from the parent holding the knot

Yes there is a chance, but not a guarantee that you'll get the Ditto's Defense. Also you'll get 3 from one and 2 from the other so you may end up losing one of the other Vulpix's IVs.

Also depending on whether or not the Vulpix is Male or Female it may not pass on its HA. So you may have to chain breed the Pokemon a few times to get the appropriate set up.

Years
  • There are two or three definitions up right now. Won't know what is true until the Pokebank opens.

1) Original mistranslation (supposed): Legally obtained Pokemon. Not hacked.
    2) Current translation: Obtained in Kalos.

Don't remember the third but it was kinda a mixture of the two. Can't remember how it was worded.

I think one of the other interpretations is eligibility for tournaments.

But you're right, there's no way of knowing until Bank opens.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Is there a way to tell what players miis are? Some people added me, but never come on do I can't unlock the third pokemon. I have 90 friends and need to remove those that only have two unlocked.
    But I don't want to delete the wrong people. Any advice?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Is there a way to tell what players miis are? Some people added me, but never come on do I can't unlock the third pokemon. I have 90 friends and need to remove those that only have two unlocked.
    But I don't want to delete the wrong people. Any advice?

You have to be online at the same time as the other person (that person must have beaten the League already) to get access to their third Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    ...Maybe I worded it wrong. But I know that.
    I am talking about deleting people off my friendslist, but only trying to delete those who never come online.
    I don't want to delete someone who has been online and have all three unlocked for me.

Here is an example:
    Player A, is online all my pokemon are unlocked.
    PLayer B, is never online. I want to delete the, but their in-game name differs from their 3DS name. I don't want to accidently delete Player A.
    Is there a way to tell who the 3DS name/Mii of player B is?

God, this is hard to explain. I have 92 friends, some need to go for room for those that will come online.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    ...Maybe I worded it wrong. But I know that.
    I am talking about deleting people off my friendslist, but only trying to delete those who never come online.
    I don't want to delete someone who has been online and have all three unlocked for me.

Here is an example:
    PLayer B, is never online. I want to delete the, but their in-game name differs from their 3DS name. I don't want to accidently delete Player A.

God, this is hard to explain. I have 92 friends, some need to go for room for those that will come online.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • ...Maybe I worded it wrong. But I know that.

Here is an example:

Just get rid of the people who have Pokemon that you have already.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Zangoose outsped by Joltik?

I was in the Battle Maison, and I put Zangoose in the front of my team. Opponent sends out Joltik. To my surprise (and disgust), it was faster, used Electro-Ball, and cut my health in half with a critical hit. Any explanations? Am I missing something obvious? To my knowledge, Zangoose is ACES faster.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I was in the Battle Maison, and I put Zangoose in the front of my team. Opponent sends out Joltik. To my surprise (and disgust), it was faster, used Electro-Ball, and cut my health in half with a critical hit. Any explanations? Am I missing something obvious? To my knowledge, Zangoose is ACES faster.

There's a variety of possible reasons. He could have higher IVs and more Speed EVs, or could be holding a Choice Scarf. Not sure what the format is in Battle Maison regarding items or stats, so it could be any of these.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Ok don't know if this really pertains to X or Y but I have missed the 8 - 9pm time again, ok here's the question, my time at 8pm said 22:00, is there a way to fix that to none army (or what ever that's called) time?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Ok don't know if this really pertains to X or Y but I have missed the 8 - 9pm time again, ok here's the question, my time at 8pm said 22:00, is there a way to fix that to none army (or what ever that's called) time?
    22:00 is 10pm. o.o

Are you trying to fix military time on your DS clock or in-game? Either way I don't think you can, as far as I'm concerned.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Can you get a female Torchic?

By this I mean specifically the giveaway Torchic that is currently going on until Jan 14th or whenever. I am strongly thinking about getting Pokemon X and if I get it before the time is up I can get a second Torchic, however the question is is if that Torchic can be female.

I know for sure you can save just before the woman gives you the Torchic in the Pokemon centre and keep soft resetting until you get the nature you want, however while I did that for Pokemon Y, I never once came across a female Torchic. I have a female froakie and Charmander this way was the gifted starters, but I was just never able to do it for Torchic. Was I just unlucky or has no one been able to get a female Torchic this way? Is the default one always male?

And yes, I know you can breed with a ditto to get a female torchic, but I want to know if you can make the giveaway female by soft resetting. I know with certain pokemon (such as the gifted Froakie and Charmander) that this process is possible, but I am wondering if the Torchic specifically might be gender locked as the giveaway maybe? Anyone know for sure?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2014
    I don't think so as females can pass on their pokeball to the offspring and I don't think Gamefreak wanted its special event pokemon to be bred to other pokemon.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    If I catch a Kakuna from the FS, does anyone know how I can check if it has its Hidden Ability, besides by breeding it?

I don't think so as females can pass on their pokeball to the offspring and I don't think Gamefreak wanted its special event pokemon to be bred to other pokemon.
    I think I've heard that the Cherish Ball cannot be passed down regardless.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • The cherish ball cannot be passed down...bummer I know. As far as I know it's gender locked.

You could evolve the Kakuna other than that breeding is your only option, that I know of anyway.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • 22:00 is 10pm. o.o

Are you trying to fix military time on your DS clock or in-game? Either way I don't think you can, as far as I'm concerned.

I just need to know what time do I need to look for on the main screen for it to be 8pm?

NVM I figured it out already.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back