• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phangy

Master
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I am trying to evolve my Eevee, Sylver, into a Sylveon and have maxed fullness just as I was told but for some odd reason the second he learns Charm, his fairy type move, he immediately proceeds to evolve into Umbreon. And the game won't let me stop the evolution. Help!

do not build up it's friendship at all, that would minimize the risk of umbreon or espeon, i just did the fairy move, 2 hearts of the amie, and leveled up and have no problem, just have to remeber friendship and amie are 2 separate things altogether.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Zygarde isn't new, and he's available in-game. I caught him like a month ago in -
    Spoiler:

Don't open that spoiler if you don't want to know his whereabouts.
    There was no leak, you can find him in-game at _______.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I was hoping someone had discovered the forme code that Giratina,Shaymin, Keldeo, and Kyurem were found to have in DP and BW...
    I'm surprised most don't know about Zygarde...or that Rayquaza is available in Ruby and Sapphire, as is Giratina in Diamond and Pearl, as is Kyurem in Black and White.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2013
    Quick Breeding question~

Can you save at the pokemon breeding center, being to ill your party with eggs, hatch them all, then check them at the IV calculator guy, and if you dont like them, instead of wasting time by releasing them/trading them away, can you just restart the game back at the breeding center and reget the eggs?

I ask mainly because I was told that the pokemons stats and all that are pre-determined when the egg is produced and is ready for pick up by the husband at the breeding center. With that said, getting different IV's and natures and what not on the hatched pokemon should differ each time right? All im doing is cutting out the releasing/trading away process...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Can you save at the pokemon breeding center, being to ill your party with eggs, hatch them all, then check them at the IV calculator guy, and if you dont like them, instead of wasting time by releasing them/trading them away, can you just restart the game back at the breeding center and reget the eggs?

I ask mainly because I was told that the pokemons stats and all that are pre-determined when the egg is produced and is ready for pick up by the husband at the breeding center. With that said, getting different IV's and natures and what not on the hatched pokemon should differ each time right? All im doing is cutting out the releasing/trading away process...

Sadly no, that won't work. When the egg is generated, everything is already set. And they are set before the egg is even created, so it all depends on the rejection/acceptance of eggs to reset the IV spread and nature and such. And actually, if you have the Destiny Knot, the 5 IVs that are passed down are already generated before the parents even go into the daycare center.

(I'll try to condense this as much as possible into the most basic explanation)

If you DON'T have the destiny knot and/or are just breeding to get pokemon and/or egg moves and/or natures, the egg you get is already fixed, so saving before it hatches doesn't help, you need to keep getting new eggs in order to get the nature and ability you want. You COULD however save before the egg is generated, find out what it is and if you don't want it, reset and reject the egg instead of hatching a bunch of eggs you don't want, but that egg that gets generated will be the same so if you don't want it, you'll need to reject it as resetting won't help.

Now, if you DO have the destiny knot and want to breed for IVs, the same rules apply but also the IVs that are pased down are decided upon before the parents even go into the daycare. The easiest thing to do is get a bunch of Rare Candies from the GTS, then save. Level up the pokemon parents until you know what their IVs are and write them down. Reset game. Load game (so it is at the point BEFORE you used the Rare Candies) put those parents into the daycare center and save. Walk around until an egg is produced. Level up until you can figure out what IV's it has and most importantly which ones were passed down from each parent. If Hp, Att and Def are passed down from Father and Sp Def and Speed are passed down from mother (for example, they could be ANY 5 IVs) and those are NOT the stats you want passed down, reset and then run around till that egg is produced again and then REJECT IT. Then save. Repeat until you get the stats you want to be passed down. THEN, as long as you save right after you reject a previous egg, go into the daycare center, switch out the parents who have the stats you want (since you now know which stats are going to be passed down) then save, run around and the new egg will have the same stats passed down that the previous egg you hatched but didn't save except that the stats passed down this time will be from the new parents you put in.

It all depends on how complicated you want to get.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I was hoping someone had discovered the forme code that Giratina,Shaymin, Keldeo, and Kyurem were found to have in DP and BW...
    I'm surprised most don't know about Zygarde...or that Rayquaza is available in Ruby and Sapphire, as is Giratina in Diamond and Pearl, as is Kyurem in Black and White.

I thought they established that that "code" thing was completely fake. I remember a bunch of sites debunking the idea after B2W2 came out due to it being incorrect since Arceus and another Pokemon were not counted due to their forms being Aesthetic and Keldeo's form turned out to be aesthetic as well, not to mention Kyurem was registered for 1 form and got 2 with neither Zekrom and Reshiram not having the preset coding even though they are needed for the form change.

Just noticed something strange about Zygarde. He only has 600 Base Stats while Xerneas and Yveltal have 680. So again they make the third legend weaker than their counterparts.

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I know this isn't XY related but I don't know where else to ask.

I need help creating a link to my trade thread to put in my signature. Anybody know how to do this?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I know this isn't XY related but I don't know where else to ask.

I need help creating a link to my trade thread to put in my signature. Anybody know how to do this?

1) Go to your trade thread page
    2) Copy the URL
    3) Go to your Control Panel
    4) Click on "Edit Signature"
    5) Type whatever text you want, then highlight the text and click the "insert link" button (there's a symbol of the earth with a chain link, right under the smiley face)
    6) paste the link in
    7) Save changes

And there you go.

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • Does anyone know why some players from US and other countries (Except japan) have pokebank pokemon already? been seeing them on gts english cyndaquils and more ;/

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Does anyone know why some players from US and other countries (Except japan) have pokebank pokemon already? been seeing them on gts english cyndaquils and more ;/

You sure those people aren't really in Japan or South Korea? But I think its already December 25th (and has been so for a few hours) in Japan/Korea, so the PokeBank is already out there. Some people breed real fast and have already traded off the PokeBank Pokemon, and then those people breed them quickly too and have put them up for trade.

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • You sure those people aren't really in Japan or South Korea? But I think its already December 25th (and has been so for a few hours) in Japan/Korea, so the PokeBank is already out there. Some people breed real fast and have already traded off the PokeBank Pokemon, and then those people breed them quickly too and have put them up for trade.

Found it on GTS

their region clearly says United States/Brazil/Canda and the pokemon is on english name

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Would this work? I want to teach Smeargle Transform and I was wondering if it learned protect in another battle, then sketch and I went into battle against Ditto and used protect right away, if I was faster than the ditto, would the transform fail on teh first move and then would Smeargle be able to then sketch the move? And if not, what would be the easiest way to sketch Transform in Pokemon X and Y? Thanks! ( just got a Smeargle and want it to know Transform)

Stealth_MadAboutPokemon

The Ground Type trainer
    Years
  • A good way for EV training?

So, I'm starting to EV train now, and this is my way of doing it:

Step 1: Do a couple of "Le Wow" runs to make sure I have enough money.

Step 2: Go to Laverre City and buy 10 vitamins of the stats I want to train. (more wouldn't have any effect)

Step 3: Super Train the rest (the part that I can't do with vitamins)

Step 4: Another few "Le Wow" runs with the EV trained Pokémon in my team holding a Lucky Egg.

I don't want to do the Horde method, because I want my Pokémon fully EV trained before I level them.

Any suggestions on how to improve my method?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Honestly, just do Super Training. It's way cheaper and I think 30 - 45 minutes will have a fully EV trained pokemon for free. (I never kept track so it could be longer, I dunno) 21 battles on a lv 3 stat and you're done one stat, 21 battles on a second lv 3 stat and you're done, and then 1 more lv 3 battle on a thrid stat and you've completely finished EV training.

Stealth_MadAboutPokemon

The Ground Type trainer
    Years
  • Honestly, just do Super Training. It's way cheaper and I think 30 - 45 minutes will have a fully EV trained pokemon for free. (I never kept track so it could be longer, I dunno) 21 battles on a lv 3 stat and you're done one stat, 21 battles on a second lv 3 stat and you're done, and then 1 more lv 3 battle on a thrid stat and you've completely finished EV training.

Thanks for the reply, but that's no use for non-Super Trained Pokémon. Their energy shots do like 50 damage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks for the reply, but that's no use for non-Super Trained Pokémon. Their energy shots do like 50 damage.

Do 3 Lv 2 regimens in a particular stat (best would be At or Sp At) then after that, you should be able to handle the LV 3 equivalent of the AT or Sp At. Just learn how to Charge and dodge at the same time. Its extremely easy and if you're having trouble, do 6 regimens of lv 2 and you will definitely be strong enough to handle the level 3. On top of that, keep in mind that you get a bag for the stat you are super training in after every single battle (ranging from S - L) plus sporadic other bags that will help you within super training. (double up bags, Swift bags, etc) and if worse comes to absolute worst, simply put the 3DS on the bed with your chosen pokemon is hitting the bag, keep taping away on the screen while you go on the internet or something and every few minutes you'll have up to 12 bags waiting for you. Throw away all the S and M bags, and whatever training bags you don't want to use, then simply use the L bags in the stat you are trying to increase and you will definitely be strong enough. I have 3 boces of pokemon and every single one has been trained this way: 3 times in a LV 2 Att or Sp Att, then move on to the LV 3 equivilent till they're done. There have been a few that weren't strong enough after 3, so I did 6 LV 2 trainings and then I'm strong enough for the Lv 3. There's not been a pokemon yet that is too week to handle this, and it's still WAY faster and WAY cheaper than the vitamins approach

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back