• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I understand that there's lots of ways to go, especially if you decide to become a physical or special attacker, but I want to be a mixed attacker so for Oshawott, what would be a better choice, a Rash or Quiet nature? I'm trying to boost it's Special Attack at teh expense of it's lowest stat which is either Speed or Sp Def and then Ev Training both attacks. Which would be better? I'm leaning toward Quiet just because a base speed of 70 doesn't seem that great to worry about in the first place, but it's Sp Def is pretty low too, so opinions? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2014
    Did you use GameSync? If you use it, your miles will be transferred to your PGL account by default but you can change this setting.

You mean the holocast thing? Yeah I went to it and I'm pretty darn sure I have like 10,000 more miles than last time I checked it. And after doing the holocast I went to the vendor, and he had like 2 miles for me total.

Edit: Okay, I used "Game Sync" and now I have 0 PokeMiles... also it keeps telling me the server is too busy or something. WTH >.<

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I cant play Pokemon Y because my SD card is stuck on write protection and ive tryed writing to it with a computer and it worked but I still cant seem to get write protection off so i can play

If you have another SD card, try inserting that and see if it works. d: If it doesn't, then there might be something wrong with your system and you need to get it repaired. Also, since this is only a question, I'm merging your thread with X/Y Quick Q&A.

Merged.

Years
  • Pretty sure on this, just want to see if anyone can confirm (I know Pokebank is only out in Japan but I'm sure someone here knows) Pokemon with over 510 evs and a Ability that that pokemon cant have will NOT be able to be transferd right?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pretty sure on this, just want to see if anyone can confirm (I know Pokebank is only out in Japan but I'm sure someone here knows) Pokemon with over 510 evs and a Ability that that pokemon cant have will NOT be able to be transferd right?

You're correct. These Pokémon are considered "badly hacked," which the system would immediately be able to identify and block. :p

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    I am only on my fifth gym, but i want to start getting a headstart on the competitive scene, whats a good team/thing to do to wreck some people a new one?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    But dreamworld shinies are allowed...

because dreamworld shinies are technically possible, even if the game itself doesn't allow it.

Okay, so depending on how you mean it, a pokemon from the dreamworld with their dreamworld ability can be bred so the ability gets passed onto children and those children can be shiny, that's the simplest way for a dreamworld pokemon abilitied pokemon to be shiny.

If you mean it was actually caught in the dreamworld, was shiny and then traded over, that again is technically possible because even though the game doesn't allow dreamworld pokemon to be shiny, those pokemon are still technically normal pokemon, and the location they were found in is simply text in a box, so a pokemon can be found anywhere, it can be shiny and still be legitimate, even though it can't be shiny when found in that particular location, if that makes any sense at all. :D

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Pointless to ask at this point, but someone might know. When Bank does eventually come out, does anyone know if the BW2 Pokemon with the PokeStar Studio shine or the N's Pokemon shine will retain those features in X and Y?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    Shiny Fossils

Well i have been wondering about the possibility of getting a shiny by a fossil, but here's my questions:

1- Is posible to get shinys from reviving fossils?
    2- Is the shiny rate the same as encountering shinys in the wild?
    3- If number 1 is yes, soft reset would be the best option right?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Cabbage
    Fish
    Onion
    Carrot
    Lemons
    Sprout
    Steve

I find those cute, something about food names make me go "d'aaaasw"

Status
    Not open for further replies.