• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    how long should it take for a pokemon (from level 1) to level up to 100?

i put my gible in there at level 28, it grew 15 levels, and i rare candied it to level 44 (Gabite), and it only took about 1 hour to gain those 15 levels, so does anyone know how long a pokemon should take (with this method) to reach level 100?

i was thinking about 6 for a pokemon who levels up slow

It's hard to say because every pokemon is different: Shedinja takes 600,000 points to get to level 100, while Arceus takes 1,250,000 points to get to level 100. Each step you take awards each pokemon in daycare 1 Exp point, so if my math is right (which I highly doubt it is, lol!) running around from level 1 if you can get 10 steps a second (600,000 / 10 = 60,000 seconds, 60,000 / 60 = 1,000 minutes, 1,000 / 60 = 16.66.. hours) it will take you 16 hours to level up the Shedinja. (Arceus would take over 34 hours) However, if you leave two in daycare and go level up other pokemon and do other stuff, after a few days you'll probably find they did eventually level up to 100 no problem, but it would honestly be faster to do it yourself by battling, or even wonder trading for pokemiles then cashing the miles in at the Global Link online for Rare Candies would even be faster

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
  • if you are wanting to level up quickly, just go to... is it lumiose city? the one with the circle in the center? well, go there on the bike, put a small paper clip by the joystick to keep it in one direction, and come back later. it should only take... 8 hours?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    wouldnt riding a bike be faster in that equation?

Sorry, That's kind of what I meant because I don't think you can actually run 10 steps a second, it looks like running is about 4 steps a second? Rollerblades could be 6 or 7 and biking would equate to 10. Then again, I was hatching eggs and running back and forth on Route 7 was about 10 - 11 full trips back and forth, while rollerblading was 15 - 16 back and forth (with the same breed of egg and flame body pokemon at head of party) so based on the few times I did that, it seems like biking and rollerblading MIGHT not be faster because while you are actually covering a much longer distance much faster, your strides might not be quite as fast meaning that running takes longer, but you actually take more steps to cover teh same distance.

Again, this is hardly scientific, I only did it a few times and still end up rollerblading because even if it does take more trips, it's still faster than running on foot.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    There isn't a way to increase the chance of a certain gender, is there?

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • There isn't a way to increase the chance of a certain gender, is there?

Well, there's cute charm for wild encounters. Lead Pokemon with this ability will increase the chance of encountering Pokemon of the opposite gender.

However, for Pokemon hatched in eggs, there is no method that I know of that will increase the chances of hatching a certain gender.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    There isn't a way to increase the chance of a certain gender, is there?

Absolutely there is, Cute Charm. Males with Cute Charm attract females at 66%, Females with cute charm attract males at 66% regardless of their normal gender spread. (Meaning, if you are trying to catch a female Charmeleon in Safari Zone you normally only have a 12.5% chance of finding one, but with Cute Charm that changes to 66%)

Here's a list of the abilites that have in field effects (besides Cute Charm, my favourite is Synhronize for obvious reasons! ;-) ) https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Abilities_with_field_effects

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Absolutely there is, Cute Charm. Males with Cute Charm attract females at 66%, Females with cute charm attract males at 66% regardless of their normal gender spread. (Meaning, if you are trying to catch a female Charmeleon in Safari Zone you normally only have a 12.5% chance of finding one, but with Cute Charm that changes to 66%)

Here's a list of the abilites that have in field effects (besides Cute Charm, my favourite is Synhronize for obvious reasons! ;-) ) https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Abilities_with_field_effects

thanks, but i was wondering more with breeding

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Is the Shinx I received from Wonder Trade hacked? It's lvl 1 and has all the elemental fangs (Fire, Ice, and Thunder) on its moveset.

Outlier

Can an Ability Capsule from the Battle Maison reverse a hidden ability? I know it can't give a Pokemon their hidden ability but can it be used to get rid one of their standard abilities?

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • Except you can't catch a female Charmander in the wild ever =/

And I tried breeding a male Charmander with a female Axew (that I caught on a timer ball) and all the eggs always come out as Axew. Do I keep trying to hatch eggs? Or will it always hatch as the same pokemon as its mother?

Is there no other way around this?

You can catch a female Charmeleon in the friend safari though :)

The pokemon from breeding will always be the unevolved form of the mother.

I have a couple of logistical questions about using multiple X/Y games with a particular 3DS:

1. Would using two copies of the same game (e.g., 2X or 2Y) on the same 3DS cause any problems? In this case, both are cartridge versions, so I'm assuming all of the relevant data should be on the cartridges themselves, but I don't know if it would mess up settings, online stuff, etc.
    Nope, I have two copies of Y and have used them one the one 3DS with no problems. The only thing it really affects is the friend safari.
    2. How does using multiple X/Y games (e.g., one X and one Y, or multiple copies of the same game) affect PSS settings, friend safari lists, etc.? For example, if I've been online at the same time as other people on my friend list in X and have unlocked all of their safari Pokémon, will I need to be online at the same time with them on Y to give my Y game access to their safari Pokémon as well? Will they lose access to my third safari Pokémon (unlocked for them by seeing me online in my completed X game) if they see me online on the same 3DS from an incomplete Y file?
    You will have the same safaris on each game, but the third slot in a person's safari won't be available unless you have been online as that person in the copy of the game you wish to access it in. E.g, in one copy of Y I can access my friend's normal safari and its ditto (3rd slot), but in the other copy of Y I cannot as I haven't been online at the same time as him while playing that copy of Y. I am unsure of how switching games will affect the other people and their access to your safari.
    3. Are there any other issues (or any issues at all) that I should be aware of that could result from using multiple Pokémon games online from the same 3DS?
    Not that I am aware, as each game has a separate online interaction code. This is shown when you set the cartridges up for game sync. However you cannot use the one nintendo account for two copies of the same game. One X and one Y is fine though.
    4. What are the consequences of switching between two 3DSs? When I accidently did it with X back in October, I seem to recall issues with berry growth, store stocks, etc., for a couple of days, but are there any longer-term/more significant side-effects that I'm forgetting?
    As far as I am aware, the only impact this has is that all clock based events won't take effect until a full 24-hour cycle has been completed on the console you are using. No long-term effects as far as I know.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Can an Ability Capsule from the Battle Maison reverse a hidden ability? I know it can't give a Pokemon their hidden ability but can it be used to get rid one of their standard abilities?

As far as I'm aware, Ability Capsule does not work on Pokémon that have their hidden abilities. If this doesn't answer your question, then... could you please rephrase it? It's a bit confusing. xD"

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So does anyone have any advice on Zen Mode Darminitan? I have NO clue what nature or EV training to do with it, as when Zen Mode hits, it goes from having high AT, speed and lower def and sp def to High Sp Att, higher def and Sp def and low speed so how the heck should I train it? Is this one of the pokemon that SHOULD have a neutral nature? If not, then what nature would you suggest? Even Smogon quite literally says "We don't know what gamefreak was thinking, use Sheer Force Darminitan instead) Any suggestions would be fantastic because this is a total stumper for me. (and no, Sheer Force Darminitan is not an option, I want Zen Mode)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So does anyone have any advice on Zen Mode Darminitan? I have NO clue what nature or EV training to do with it, as when Zen Mode hits, it goes from having high AT, speed and lower def and sp def to High Sp Att, higher def and Sp def and low speed so how the heck should I train it? Is this one of the pokemon that SHOULD have a neutral nature? If not, then what nature would you suggest? Even Smogon quite literally says "We don't know what gamefreak was thinking, use Sheer Force Darminitan instead) Any suggestions would be fantastic because this is a total stumper for me. (and no, Sheer Force Darminitan is not an option, I want Zen Mode)

Zen Mode Darmanitan is not worth using at all. Ever. While you may be already aware of this, Zen Mode only activates at half-health, and at this point, even though Darmanitan's defenses are significantly increased in this form, they're wasted when it's on the verge of being KOed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back