• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
  • Does Generation 6 have any major sidequests? By that, I mean, like how Hoenn and Sinnoh had Contests, Johto had the Pokeathalon, and Unova has the Musical.... what of Kalos?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Kalos doesn't really have anything like those. X and Y have a rather dredful lack of post-game content besides Pokedex completion, catching the other legendaries, the Looker missions, and the Battle Maison. Hopefully the next game will have plenty of extra stuff to do.

Years
  • 2 Quick questions:

#1 : If i EV train in hordes, does that effect my stats in the long run over EV training in ST at level 1? I heard something about Stats being recalculated when placed in the PC

#2:
    I need a new pokemon to replace Gourgeist on my team:
    1. Gardevoir (Mega) SP ATK SPEED
    2. Swampert -replaced lanturn- ATK HP
    3. Metagross
    4. Nidoking ATK SPEED
    5. Noivern SP ATK SPEED
    6. (Preferrably something from Bank)

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • I used a iv calculator to calculate both of my ditto. One is 9(hp), 5(atk), 9(def), 19 (sp.a), 7 (sp.d), 5 (spd) and another one is 17, 25, 15, 20, 2, 0. May I know which is better?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 2 Quick questions:

#1 : If i EV train in hordes, does that effect my stats in the long run over EV training in ST at level 1? I heard something about Stats being recalculated when placed in the PC

#2:
    I need a new pokemon to replace Gourgeist on my team:
    1. Gardevoir (Mega) SP ATK SPEED
    2. Swampert -replaced lanturn- ATK HP
    3. Metagross
    4. Nidoking ATK SPEED
    5. Noivern SP ATK SPEED
    6. (Preferrably something from Bank)
    1. Some people prefer Super Training over horde battling, and vice-versa. I can't say for sure because of that. I personally prefer Super Training because spamming Sweet Scent for the right horde can get tedious. Remember that the more you succeed in the Super Training regimens with one Pokemon, the easier it is to do with that particular Pokemon. See Bulbapedia's page on Super Training for more.
    2. Even though Nidoking's Attack was buffed in Gen VI, Nidoking is still better off using special attacks because of Sheer Force and most, if not all, of its special moves benefit from said ability. For your last slot, try Whimsicott. The team could use some support moves.
    I used a iv calculator to calculate both of my ditto. One is 9(hp), 5(atk), 9(def), 19 (sp.a), 7 (sp.d), 5 (spd) and another one is 17, 25, 15, 20, 2, 0. May I know which is better?
    I wouldn't use either one, but I'd go with the second one. You're better off catching a Ditto in Friend Safari (register the right person).

Years
  • 1. Some people prefer Super Training over horde battling, and vice-versa. I can't say for sure because of that. I personally prefer Super Training because spamming Sweet Scent for the right horde can get tedious. Remember that the more you succeed in the Super Training regimens with one Pokemon, the easier it is to do with that particular Pokemon. See Bulbapedia's page on Super Training for more.

I personally recommend horde battling, especially since you can train multiple Pokemon at the same time. EXP is just a side bonus. I only use Super training for evo stones.

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
    Years
  • This may be a stupid question to ask or it may have already been asked here, I'm new to PC and still not sure how to use the search option and such.
    The gentleman in Lumiose City that sells you the Kanto Mega Stones, for different prices depending on your current fashion status, does he also sell you the opposite Charizardite to the one the Professor gave you given you chose Charmander, or would I need my own copy of Pokémon X or someone else playing X to trade with?

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    Why does flamethrower work so good for my Anti-Lead Hydreigon? I am not sure why, but in the middle of EV training I wanted to go battle with my Hydreigon and I tried its moves but strangely the move flamethrower OKOED or 2HOED everything in the game. I found it strange because not even Fire Blast did this much damage, even on things it would be not very effective on. Even Charizard with all of his fire type moves and mega-evolution can't do this for me, can someone explain?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    This may be a stupid question to ask or it may have already been asked here, I'm new to PC and still not sure how to use the search option and such.
    The gentleman in Lumiose City that sells you the Kanto Mega Stones, for different prices depending on your current fashion status, does he also sell you the opposite Charizardite to the one the Professor gave you given you chose Charmander, or would I need my own copy of Pokémon X or someone else playing X to trade with?

Nah, he only gives you the Charizardite of your version. You don't get both. If you want the other one, you're gonna have to get it in a trade from someone.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    the chance of generating a shiny patch becomes much bigger than the chance of getting a random shiny over time.

Well, this is still the heart of my problem. WHY does the chance increase? I don't see why the chance isn't the same each time.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • This may be a stupid question to ask or it may have already been asked here, I'm new to PC and still not sure how to use the search option and such.
    It's "style", not fashion. You only get Charizardite X in X and Charizardite Y in Y.
    Why does flamethrower work so good for my Anti-Lead Hydreigon? I am not sure why, but in the middle of EV training I wanted to go battle with my Hydreigon and I tried its moves but strangely the move flamethrower OKOED or 2HOED everything in the game. I found it strange because not even Fire Blast did this much damage, even on things it would be not very effective on. Even Charizard with all of his fire type moves and mega-evolution can't do this for me, can someone explain?

Is this because you used Flamethrower on Fire-weak Pokemon? Did you EV train Hydreigon in Special Attack all the way? Were Charizard's EVs all over the place?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I think I see your confusion, just going out and catching the same kind of pokemon over and over or fishing the same kind of pokemon over and over doesn't increase the rate of a shiny, it's SPECIFICALLY when you are using the Pokeradar on land or the Super Rod in the water that THAT is what causes the increase in ratio of shiny pokemon appearing if you keep running into the same type. The Pokeradar shakes multiple clumps of grass and you need to get to the biggest clump before another random encounter messes up your chain, or you need to fish using the super rod without moving from your spot. It's not just catching pokemon than happen to be the same, you need a specific item in order to set that chain into motion.

But there's nothing special about the fishing rods that would lead to an increased chance of finding shinies, so it has to have something to do with the simple fact of encountering the same Pokemon over and over...

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    It's "style", not fashion. You only get Charizardite X in X and Charizardite Y in Y.

Is this because you used Flamethrower on Fire-weak Pokemon? Did you EV train Hydreigon in Special Attack all the way? Were Charizard's EVs all over the place?

Even on non-fire weak pokemon. Hydreigon's special attack is half of maximum, charizards evs were all over actually.

Years
  • Hey everyone, just a quick one - I've caught an Eevee that I want to evolve into Espeon. What are the best ways to get the friendship level up, and how do I check what friendship level it's at?

Thanks n__n

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Because that's the way Gamefreak decided the PokéRadar should work and how they programmed it.

Ok, I can understand that the PokeRadar was made specifically to help with finding shinies. That much makes sense. But how does this apply to fishing? With fishing, isn't it just random each time, even if it IS the same species each time?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hey everyone, just a quick one - I've caught an Eevee that I want to evolve into Espeon. What are the best ways to get the friendship level up, and how do I check what friendship level it's at?

Give it a Soothe Bell and perhaps do that trick in Lumiose where you go to the center part, stick a coin on your joystick so that you skate through the entire circle. Just let it do that for a few minutes, and you should be good in no time. Then just level it up in the day time and bam, Espeon. That's how I got almost all of my friendship evolutions.

If you don't wanna do that, then you can do this. Give it a massage daily (in Cyllage City), don't let it faint in battle, give it vitamins (Calcium and Carbos are best for a future Espeon), and keep that Soothe Bell attached until it evolves. Happiness Checker is in Laverre City.

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
    Years
  • In Super Training, does hitting the normal punch bag do anything to my stats, I know it helps me find other bags and is it also random to obtain a Reset Bag?
    Thank you in advance :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back